1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 13:57
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow, did someone suddenly whack you in the head with some kind of intelligence stick?

Actually, the odds are that you are just 'taking the piss' here, and don't actually believe this.
    It would have to be a very large intelligence stick...
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow, did someone suddenly whack you in the head with some kind of intelligence stick?

Actually, the odds are that you are just 'taking the piss' here, and don't actually believe this.
    I'm saying that the powers that be decided long ago that was the goal.

Now it's all play acting to get there with both parties complicit.

Obamacare was never meant to work for long
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 14:01
    Originally posted by Eladar
    All Republicans ran on was repealing Obamacare. If they dont, I am hoping the establishment guys get primarried.
    Which puts the Democrats back in power. Don't you just love democracy?😀
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 14:03
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    And there's me thinking republican principle was solely to bend over and let multinational lobbiests bugger them.
    I'd like to have video of that.😀
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 16:20
    Republicans go Pelosi

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/325588-gop-rep-once-health-care-bill-passes-lawmakers-can-really-explain-it
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 16:21
    Originally posted by mchill
    Which puts the Democrats back in power. Don't you just love democracy?😀
    If Obamacare keeps people in office, why is every branch of the government controlled by Republicans?
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 17:021 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Minutes ago this tidbit:

UPDATE: 7:42 p.m.: President Donald Trump is demanding a vote Friday in the House on the Republican plan to repeal and replace Obamacare, White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said. If the bill fails, Trump is prepared to move on and leave Obamacare in place, Mulvaney said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-fr ...[text shortened]... -caucus-health-care-236418

An interesting gambit from the Donald. Will the Freedom boys fold?
    I think it's a bluff.

If Congress sits on it for three more months and passes a similar bill that's a little more thought out, does anyone really thing he'll veto it just to spite them for not passing it on March 24?
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:01
    Originally posted by sh76
    I think it's a bluff.

If Congress sits on it for three more months and passes a similar bill that's a little more thought out, does anyone really thing he'll veto it just to spite them for not passing it on March 24?
    I'll be surprised if the conservatives fold. They've been promising their voters they were going to repeal this thing a lot longer than Trump has, and they don't view this as a true repeal. I think it's more likely that Ryan pulls the bill. Ideologues for the win!
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I'll be surprised if the conservatives fold. They've been promising their voters they were going to repeal this thing a lot longer than Trump has, and they don't view this as a true repeal. I think it's more likely that Ryan pulls the bill. Ideologues for the win!
    It now looks almost certain that they'll either pull the vote off the table or that, if there's a vote, it will be soundly defeated.

Nobody seems to have the stomach to fight to kill Obamacare if all you're replacing it with is Obamacare lite.

Trump gets to play the victim and scream about how horrible the establishment is, etc. etc. etc. whereas a repeal would have hurt his base in the long run.

I'll bet Trump is secretly breathing a sigh of relief.
  10. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:141 edit
    It now looks almost certain that they'll either pull the vote off the table or that, if there's a vote, it will be soundly defeated.

Nobody seems to have the stomach to fight to kill Obamacare if all you're replacing it with is Obamacare lite.

Trump gets to play the victim and scream about how horrible the establishment is, etc. etc. etc. whereas a repeal ...[text shortened]... ld have hurt his base in the long run.

Yes, and he's also realizing that Ryan is an idiot.
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:331 edit
    Just heard on C-Span "The house is in recess subject to the call of the chair" followed by shouts and then the cameras turned off. I'll bet somewhere Ryan is having a tantrum.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:44
    Send Trump the same bill they sent to Obama last year which was to repeal Obamacare.

Put it for a vote and see how many turncoats we get because now it would get signed.
  13. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:49
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Send Trump the same bill they sent to Obama last year which was to repeal Obamacare.

Put it for a vote and see how many turncoats we get because now it would get signed.
    Well, except that Trump is not a conservative. What this may lead to is Trump, the RINO's, and the Democrats starting to work together and freezing out the conservatives, in other words the beginning of the end of meaningful influence for conservatives in the US, or in other other words, why we really needed Cruz to win the election.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:49
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Well, except that Trump is not a conservative. What this may lead to is Trump, the RINO's, and the Democrats starting to work together and freezing out the conservatives, in other words the beginning of the end of meaningful influence for conservatives in the US, or in other other words, why we really needed Cruz to win the election.
    Trump said he'd repeal Obamacare. A veto would prove him to be just another Obama.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '17 19:54

Trump gets to play the victim and scream about how horrible the establishment is, etc. etc. etc. whereas a repeal ...[text shortened]... ld have hurt his base in the long run.

They pulled it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-leaders-prepare-to-vote-friday-on-health-care-reform/2017/03/24/736f1cd6-1081-11e7-9d5a-a83e627dc120_story.html?utm_term=.3428c8fedb31

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree