1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    I was not suggesting that there were conservative verses liberal teams. I was referring to the fact that those on the left are suing Arizona for trying to enforce the already existing federal laws on immigration, among other things. I could talk about Reconcilation to pass Obamacare and a whole host of other rule breaking tactics but God forbid I sound like a broken record.
    The 2005 Heisman Trophy makes you feel the need to post about Obama's health reforms and the constitutionality of Arizona's immigration laws?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:161 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The 2005 Heisman Trophy makes you feel the need to post about Obama's health reforms and the constitutionality of Arizona's immigration laws?
    My attempt was to try and appeal to sh76's conservative values and rule of law. Apparently since it is not an acutal law, rather, its just a college football rule he has issue with Bush.

Of course, the rule breaking is only one arugment I have made for Vince Young getting the Heisman. I think in hind site we can see that Vince Young was the MVP of college football as well as posting Heisman like numbers. For these two reasons Young should be given the award.

But alas, like everthing else these awards are governed by politics. Everyone is drowning in a sea of policital poo whether it be promoting people at work who are not qualified or electing leaders who can't govern effectively.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:231 edit
    My attempt was to try and appeal to sh76's conservative values and rule of law. Apparently since it is not an acutal law, rather, its just a college football rule he has issue with Bush.

Of course, the rule breaking is only one arugment I have made for Vince Young getting the Heisman. I think in hind site we can see that Vince Young was the MVP of colleg ...[text shortened]... omoting people at work who are not qualified or electing leaders who can't govern effectively.
    Bush was the MVP of college football in 2005. Young was runner up. The voters clearly believed that was the case.

If Bush cheated in a manner that gave HIM (not USC, him) a competitive edge (such as having taken illegal performance enhancing drugs), I could see taking the award from him and giving it to Young, since then Young would be the most valuable legitimate performer.

However, given that Bush's "wrong" had no on-the-field impact and given that I have no respect for the NCAA rule that was violated and given that Bush is not really bound personally by NCAA rules and given that even if he were bound, the NCAA has an unfair and anti-competitive monopoly that forces people like Bush to play by their arbitrary and unfair rules, I have no inclination to support wresting the award from Bush and thus no inclination to give the award to Young.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    the human brain is a cluster of nets, it's sometimes odd how they stimulate each other. like those people who see colors as smells not colors.
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:31
    maybe whodey should get hisself checked.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Bush was the MVP of college football in 2005. Young was runner up. The voters clearly believed that was the case.

If Bush cheated in a manner that gave HIM (not USC, him) a competitive edge (such as having taken illegal performance enhancing drugs), I could see taking the award from him and giving it to Young, since then Young would be the most valuable legi n to support wresting the award from Bush and thus no inclination to give the award to Young.
    east coast bias

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=east+coast+bias+heisman&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CrFm5zUaSTMT0OpnuoATvw8DMCwAAAKoEBU_Qopw_
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:34
    My attempt was to try and appeal to sh76's conservative values and rule of law. [...] But alas, like everthing else these awards are governed by politics. Everyone is drowning in a sea of policital poo whether it be promoting people at work who are not qualified or electing leaders who can't govern effectively.
    Conversely, does Nixon's Watergate, Reagan's Irangate and G.W.Bush's WMDgate - for example - make you think about the 2005 Heisman Trophy?
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:36
    let's toss this totally uninformed opinion out there (opinion based on connecting the dots turned up by a brief google):

east coast bias is real and observed, the few west coast winners were from USC because the UCLA program was too violation-prone.
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:38
    If anything, that's why USC should be punished, not Bush.

If you were a poor kid with no money in the family and enormous football talent and some booster offered to give you a car and your mother and family some money and maybe a nice vacation, you're telling me you'd say "Nah; I'll wait 3 years until I get my NFL payday; in the meantime, momma can keep struggling"?
    they should drop the pretense as the Olympics almost did and pay the kids professional salaries. they're making hundreds of millions off these kids, if not billions, and should be ashamed of themselves for not doing it earlier (but i doubt they will be ashamed, if shame is a converse factor in achieving the top of a food chain).
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 16:48
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    east coast bias

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=east+coast+bias+heisman&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CrFm5zUaSTMT0OpnuoATvw8DMCwAAAKoEBU_Qopw_
    The guy from U. of Southern CALIFORNIA won the Heisman because of east coast bias?

😕
  11. silicon valley
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 17:32
    The guy from U. of Southern CALIFORNIA won the Heisman because of [b]east coast bias?

😕[/b]
    scroll back two posts above yours, to the post dated 16 Sep '10 09:36.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree