Heroes and Villains

Heroes and Villains

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
30 May 15
2 edits

http://www.youngcons.com/college-students-rank-george-w-bush-more-evil-than-lenin-stalin-and-mao/

College graduates who received their degrees in the last ten years or so are lucky. I’m glad I was one of them. During my four years I experienced a decent amount of liberal bias from professors, but I can’t imagine what conservative students have to deal with on a daily basis nowadays.

Elitist academics are forcing their beliefs down the throats of 20-somethings as if it’s their job. It’s not.

A teacher’s job is to tell the facts, and at the end of the day – or after a solid debate – the student makes up their own mind. Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Check out where President George W. Bush sits on the list of “Heroes and Villains” throughout time, according to college students…

1. Albert Einstein
2. Mother Theresa
3. Gandhi
4. Martin Luther King
5. Isaac Newton
6. Jesus
7. Nelson Mandela
18. Bill Gates
19. Karl Marx
25. Margret Thatcher
34. Lenin
35. Mao
36. Stalin
37. Bush Jr. ("W"😉
38. Saddam
39. Osama Bin Laden
40. Hitler

From Libertarian Republic via Federalist Papers:

The study is called “‘Heroes’ and ‘Villains’ of World History Across Cultures.” In the final ranking, former US President George W. Bush was ranked as the 4th most evil, more villainous than Vladimir Lenin, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong.

kkSee that? Jesus Christ himself isn’t more of a hero than Albert Einstein or Isaac Newton.

And of course, W. is more of a villain than dictator Mao Zedong (responsible for 50-80 million deaths), Che Guevera (racist, murderer) and Josef Stalin (responsible for 30-55 million deaths).

The most patriotic president since Ronald Reagan is regularly forced to deal with this sort of cruelty simply for putting America first.

The indoctrination being force-fed to impressionable young people in today’s universities (where they’re paying $30,000-$60,000) is appalling, and it needs to be dealt with.

No longer are schools just for learning. They’re meant to be places of worship for the Left

w

Moves
30 May 15

What I find interesting is that Jesus is ranked 6th, while 3 above him actually professed to be Christians, and Gandhi claimed to study the tactics of Jesus.

Of course, Albert sits atop of the list being the king of science. Apparently being good at science makes one holy and without sin.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
31 May 15
3 edits

Originally posted by whodey
http://www.youngcons.com/college-students-rank-george-w-bush-more-evil-than-lenin-stalin-and-mao/

College graduates who received their degrees in the last ten years or so are lucky. I’m glad I was one of them. During my four years I experienced a decent amount of liberal bias from professors, but I can’t imagine what conservative students have to deal wi ...[text shortened]... .

No longer are schools just for learning. They’re meant to be places of worship for the Left
You might consider Whodey that "W" (your hero) is now being denounced by his own party and even his own brother for misleading the American people about the need for invading Iraq and Afghanistan. The bottom line is he, and his entire cabinet simply lied about those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq (because they found none, after years of searching), and used that lie to justify a needless invasion, that cost many American soldiers and countless innocent Iraq's their lives. If that wasn't bad enough, the "W" administration was arrogant enough to expose our own CIA agents to assassination attempts by foreigners, simply because they questioned the wisdom of "W"s policies. In addition, Dennis Hastert (one of the darlings of the GOP during the "W" years) is now under indictment for bribery, and lying to the FBI. So....before you start waving the flag in our face too much about old "W" I'd suggest you look at all the facts, not just those you want to see.

Oh...by the way, I'm sorry those college students have opinions that differ from yours, but they are allowed to have whatever opinions they wish. (Believe it or not)

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/05/26/gop-agrees-bush-was-wrong-to-invade-iraq-now-what

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0530/Dennis-Hastert-From-House-Speaker-to-alleged-sex-scandal-hush-money-video

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/plame/Plame_KeyPlayers.html

P

Moves
31 May 15

What I find interesting is that Jesus is ranked 6th, while 3 above him actually professed to be Christians, and Gandhi claimed to study the tactics of Jesus.

Of course, Albert sits atop of the list being the king of science. Apparently being good at science makes one holy and without sin.
Einstein was a philosopher and great humanitarian as well as a scientist.

rain

Moves
31 May 15

I can’t imagine what conservative students have to deal with on a daily basis nowadays.

Elitist academics are forcing their beliefs down the throats of 20-somethings as if it’s their job. It’s not.

A teacher’s job is to tell the facts

Why is then, that you don't complain why conservatives in Texas teach creationism in schools? Isn't this hypocritical to say teaching is about "facts", yet say nothing of your side teaching proven falsehoods?

K

Germany

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by Phranny
Einstein was a philosopher and great humanitarian as well as a scientist.
Perhaps these college kids weren't aware of Einstein's support for Zionism.

Moves
31 May 15

6. Jesus
I see they included fictional characters. Perhaps Saruman should be inserted just above Bush there? 😛

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Perhaps these college kids weren't aware of Einstein's support for Zionism.
I should much rather see reasonable agreement with the Arabs on the basis of living together in peace than the creation of a Jewish state. My awareness of the essential nature of Judaism resists the idea of a Jewish state with borders, an army, and a measure of temporal power, no matter how modest. I am afraid of the inner damage Judaism will sustain—especially from the development of a narrow nationalism within our own ranks, against which we have already had to fight strongly, even without a Jewish state. [...] If external necessity should after all compel us to assume this burden, let us bear it with tact and patience.

I got that from wikipedia, who gives as source "David E. Rowe & Robert Schulmann, Einstein on Politics: His Private Thoughts and Public Stands on Nationalism, Zionism, War, Peace, and the Bomb (2007), p. 33".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 15

College graduates who received their degrees in the last ten years or so are lucky. I’m glad I was one of them. During my four years I experienced a decent amount of liberal bias from professors, but I can’t imagine what conservative students have to deal wi ...[text shortened]... .

I would have put Noah on the list for building the big boat that saved mankind and all those animals from drowning in the worldwide flood.

Moves
31 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I would have put Noah on the list for building the big boat that saved mankind and all those animals from drowning in the worldwide flood.
I thought he only saved his own family (and a pair or so of each "kind" ). You don't set the bar high, do you?

Moves
31 May 15
1 edit

Its my opinion that GWB was a puppet and a fool who was mainly in power at all because of the political string pulling by his father and corruption in the Florida vote. I am astonished the American people gave him a second term. The guy generally came across as having below average intelligence and being of dubious character.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by C Hess
I thought he only saved his own family (and a pair or so of each "kind" ). You don't set the bar high, do you?
You thought wrong, as is usual for you. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Its my opinion that GWB was a puppet and a fool who was mainly in power at all because of the political string pulling by his father and corruption in the Florida vote. I am astonished the American people gave him a second term. The guy generally came across as having below average intelligence and being of dubious character.
Your opinion is in error. 😏

Moves
31 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
You thought wrong, as is usual for you. 😏
You're telling me that Noah saved all of mankind, and not just his closest family? No humans died in the flood? Seriously? How did they all fit in the boat with all those animals?

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Ding....ding....ding. We have a winner! GW Bush was a puppet, not only of his father, but of Cheney and Rove. This guy couldnt speak much above a 3rd grade level, but he was supposed to have an MBA from Yale? I don't think so!