1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:183 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Its my opinion that GWB was a puppet and a fool who was mainly in power at all because of the political string pulling by his father and corruption in the Florida vote. I am astonished the American people gave him a second term. The guy generally came across as having below average intelligence and being of dubious character.
    I don't disagree.

However, people seem to be blinded to his successor. Obama did to Gaddafi what Bush did to Saddam, and both continued the carnage in Afghanistan. Obama even wanted to take out Assad.

Then when the ambassador was killed in Libya, the Obama administration lied to the American people, just like they lied about just wanting to keep Libya a no fly zone. The Obama administration was running arms into Syria to try and overthrow Assad. This is why he was targeted. It was a scandal like Iran Contra that never materialized. That is because they system today is far more corrupt than in the days of even Reagan.

I don't really make a distinction between Obama or "W". Both are sell outs as both expanded the powers of the federal government and created massive entitlements and ignored illegal immigration for the most part. Both are corporate darlings.

Which leads us to Hillary and Jeb. Either one will do for the corporate elites to carry on the legacy left by both "W" and Obama.

It's a shame they will waste millions, maybe billions, on nominating these two to win their respective parties. It will be a waste of time and money.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:23
    Originally posted by bill718
    Ding....ding....ding. We have a winner! GW Bush was a puppet, not only of his father, but of Cheney and Rove. This guy couldnt speak much above a 3rd grade level, but he was supposed to have an MBA from Yale? I don't think so!
    Most people have the intellectual capacity to get an MBA from Yale. However, most people don't have legacy admissions to Yale available.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:281 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    You might consider Whodey that "W" (your hero) is now being denounced by his own party and even his own brother for misleading the American people about the need for invading Iraq and Afghanistan. The bottom line is he, and his entire cabinet simply lied about those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq (because they found none, after years of searching), and ...[text shortened]... money-video

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/plame/Plame_KeyPlayers.html
    I have no love for "W". You think I do because you think I'm a Republican, I'm not.

But to say or think that "W" was a worse villain than Stalin or Mao is insane. Just add up the people slain by all of them and it should be clear who were the bigger villains.

But alas, due to their indoctrination they think like this. There is no other explanation.

As I have said, Obama and "W" are kiss'in cousins. There is no real difference. So why do Progs hate one and love the other? It's because everyone needs a devil. If you don't create someone to hate and loath, then support wanes. That is why we are presented with the fictitious notion that the GOP is the enemy and the Dims are our savior. Nothing could be further from the truth.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Perhaps these college kids weren't aware of Einstein's support for Zionism.
    LOL.

I guess that is a conundrum.

The reason he is so revered is because science has been put on a pedestal in academia, as they use it as a weapon to belittle those of faith and to promote Progressive policies in their centralized governments of choice.

For example, cap and trade comes to mind. Is there climate change? Sure. Do humans effect the climate? Sure. Science can show us these things, so they use it to bash those who oppose cap and trade and belittle them. However, the climate was far warmer during the middle ages and even the dino era, so why is it a bigger problem now?. Additionally, will cap and trade stop climate change? No. Scientists indicate it will have little to no effect.

Basically cap and trade is just another money making scheme. Those on the left have created the Chicago Climate Exchange, which will be worth trillions once cap and trade is fully functioning. It will make men like Al Gore rich beyond their wildest dreams, as they live in mansions across the country and fly in jets non-stop and drive SUV's, caring little to nothing about the environment.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 12:382 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    I can’t imagine what conservative students have to deal with on a daily basis nowadays.

Elitist academics are forcing their beliefs down the throats of 20-somethings as if it’s their job. It’s not.

A teacher’s job is to tell the facts

Why is then, that you don't complain why conservatives in Texas teach creationism in schools? Isn't ...[text shortened]... tical to say teaching is about "facts", yet say nothing of your side teaching proven falsehoods?
    This is another reason science has been elevated in the schools. It is to rid any religious influence in peoples lives and make the state and their policies king.

As for myself, I have no real issues with the age of the earth or even evolutionary processes employed by a Creator. However, many religious folk do, so they are used to belittle those of faith and make an open show of them in order to discredit such notions as Creation.

It's really all just a game in order to give power to collectivist regimes. Historically, collectivists once convinced us that they were a god to obtain power of us, then when that no longer worked they convinced us that they spoke for God, and when that no longer worked they convinced us that there is no God, thus making them the ultimate authority again.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    This is another reason science has been elevated in the schools. It is to rid any religious influence in peoples lives and make the state and their policies king.

As for myself, I have no real issues with the age of the earth or even evolutionary processes employed by a Creator. However, many religious folk do, so they are used to belittle those of faith ...[text shortened]... er worked they convinced us that there is no God, thus making them the ultimate authority again.
    Have you ever considered writing a novel, Whodey? Don't worry, spell checks have gotten really good.

I mean, you're insane to the point of complete madness, but you have a wonderful imagination. You should totally use that.
  7. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:24
    ...they convinced us that there is no God, thus making them the ultimate authority again.
    If there is no god then there is no ultimate authority, silly.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:38

As for myself, I have no real issues with the age of the earth or even evolutionary processes employed by a Creator. However, many religious folk do, so they are used to belittle those of faith ...[text shortened]... er worked they convinced us that there is no God, thus making them the ultimate authority again.
    In your OP, you talked about "forcing beliefs" down students' throats. Conservatives are doing just that by forcing creationism down the throats of students. At least the students in your OP were college-age, and have more of an ability to make up their own minds; conservatives are shamelessly forcing their beliefs into a system that teaches young children---a belief that has actually been scientifically proven wrong.

Yet, you refuse to even address this, and that's because this is being done by YOUR side. Notice how you completely avoid passing any judgement on conservatives in your response to me. This is one of the reasons why you (or conservatives in general) aren't taken seriously: the monumental hypocrisy.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:38
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Try telling that to the state.

Hillary recently came out and said she was a Methodist. She also said that religious folk need to change their views on abortion.

I view her as a type of Martin Luther. Can she help shape the Methodist church into the Democrat platform? Currently the Methodist church has emraced other policies in the democrat platform, like gay marriage, so can she do the same with abortion?

If she is successful, there would be no need to distance themselves from the church anymore, providing they also buy into the notion that Jesus wants us to give our money to the state to help the poor folk.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:411 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Have you ever considered writing a novel, Whodey? Don't worry, spell checks have gotten really good.

I mean, you're insane to the point of complete madness, but you have a wonderful imagination. You should totally use that.
    What specifically?

What have I said that is madness?

As for Hitler, why is he at the bottom? After all, Stalin killed far more people. Is it madness to ask such questions?

The reason Hitler is at the bottom is he lost the war and Stalin was an ally of the Progressive idol FDR. Also, Hitler targeted people because of racial issues.

So there you have it. The bigotry is far more problematic than mass murder in the minds of people apparenty. And of course, never lose a war, public opinion will never be your friend.

So what do all the folks at the bottom of the list have in common? They are collectivists. Why?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 13:43
    You can't have a religion above the state, otherwise there will be mass uprisings.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 14:05
    You can't have a religion above the state, otherwise there will be mass uprisings.
    Què?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 14:251 edit
    Què?
    Anytime there is opposition it makes those in power uneasy. You never know how it might cause them problems.

You might say it's a never ending problem.

The goal is always collecive utopia and weeding out naysayers.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    31 May '15 15:411 edit
    What specifically?

What have I said that is madness?

As for Hitler, why is he at the bottom? After all, Stalin killed far more people. Is it madness to ask such questions?

The reason Hitler is at the bottom is he lost the war and Stalin was an ally of the Progressive idol FDR. Also, Hitler targeted people because of racial issues.

So there you ...[text shortened]... o what do all the folks at the bottom of the list have in common? They are collectivists. Why?
    Yes, "there you have it".

You asked a question about why certain people put a certain someone at a certain place on a certain list, and lo and behold, within the same post you answer your own question. And you do this without any research whatsoever, just by using your own imagination.

I'm telling you, there's money to be made here.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 May '15 21:12
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I'm telling you, there's money to be made here.[/b]
    Ok, where is it at?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree