1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 22:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is the pro life choice woman a public defender assigned the case?

Only a libtard would liken defending a rapist to defending a group that wants to march in public.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 22:55
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So if I say the rapist does not have the right to refuse a public defender I am actually saying I do not believe in due process. Great libtard logic there.
    Question 1:

So you agree with Donald Trump that the US should abolish due process for people accused of heinous crimes?

Question 2:

If not, what's "immoral" about defending someone accused of a crime even when you are not "forced" to do so?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 22:57
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Question 1:

So you agree with Donald Trump that the US should abolish due process for people accused of heinous crimes?

Question 2:

If not, what's "immoral" about defending someone accused of a crime even when you are not "forced" to do so?
    Kazet, instead of Lapland, how about Agartha?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 22:581 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 22:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    You disgusting piece of vile crap.
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

You're willing to elect someone to the White House that you know nothing about.

Except, you know, that he is white and male.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:012 edits
    If that person was a public defender and forced to take the case then sure.

If the person is pro woman and in private practice then it is immoral to defend the male rapist.
    She wasn't in private practice, but working at a legal clinic. As part of that job, she was put on a list of counsel available to be assigned to criminal cases. Given that the judge refused to allow her to withdraw from the case, I do not see what realistic choice she had other than to continue to represent her client or to quit her job at the clinic.
    A public defender would have exactly the same choice, so I fail to see the difference.

I also fail to see how it is any more "immoral" to defend an accused rapist than it is to defend a person accused of any other serious crime.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:08
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Question 1:

Question 2:

Perhaps you should provide a link to the story about Trump's statement.

As for question two it is immoral to defend a person who may be guilty. It is your job after taking the case to get the guy out of jail if he is guilty or not. The possibility of protecting the guilty man while destroying the innocent female victim is immoral for someone who is pro woman.

Obviously your libtard worldview makes it impossuble for you to understand so I will not respond to question 2 again. It amounts to you bouncing a ball trying to entertain yourself.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    She wasn't in private practice, but working at a legal clinic. As part of that job, she was put on a list of counsel available to be assigned to criminal cases. Given that the judge refused to allow her to withdraw from the case, I do not see what realistic choice she had other than to continue to represent her client or to quit her job at the clinic.
    A ...[text shortened]... l" to defend an accused rapist than it is to defend a person accused of any other serious crime.
    So you are saying that the clinic was run by the state.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:10

As for question two it is immoral to defend a person who may be guilty. It is your job after taking the case to get the guy out of jail if he is guilty or not. The possibility of protecting the guilty man while destroying the innocent female victim is immoral for someone who is pro wom ...[text shortened]... not respond to question 2 again. It amounts to you bouncing a ball trying to entertain yourself.
    Eladar: it is immoral to defend a person who may be guilty

Any accused person "may be guilty". Therefore, you are claiming that any lawyer who provides a defense for an accused criminal is "immoral".
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:17
    So you are saying that the clinic was run by the state.
    Not sure what difference it makes, but it was run by the University of Arkansas School of Law which is a State institution.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Widely condemed D64 says. Duchess you need to get away from the computer more. LOL
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Not sure what difference it makes, but it was run by the University of Arkansas School of Law which is a State institution.
    From further research there is no documented evidence that she wanted off the case. She never put it in writing.

All we have is conflicting recounts. One of which is a friend of Hillary at the time who said she took the case to help her career.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:29
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Widely condemed D64 says. Duchess you need to get away from the computer more. LOL
    I guess the psycho you were responding to doesn't have a problem with 41 year olds who rape 12 year old girls.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

You're willing to elect someone to the White House that you know nothing about.

Except, you know, that he is white and male.
    I am unwilling to put into office a vermin about whom we know a tremendous amount.
    This disgusting piece of filth has not only enable a known rapist and pedophile, she has joined him in the latter whilst attacking the offended.

Not that there's anything wrong with any of that, right?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    05 Nov '16 23:39

As for question two it is immoral to defend a person who may be guilty. It is your job after taking the case to get the guy out of jail if he is guilty or not. The possibility of protecting the guilty man while destroying the innocent female victim is immoral for someone who is pro wom ...[text shortened]... not respond to question 2 again. It amounts to you bouncing a ball trying to entertain yourself.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/19/494633030/trump-calls-it-sad-that-n-y-bombing-suspect-gets-medical-care-lawyer

In my "libtard worldview" people who are accused of a crime should get a fair trial.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree