1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 19:381 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It is reasonable if your goal is to control what others do in return for your services (personally, I don't care what other people buy with their money as long as it doesn't disproportionately harm others).

It's not reasonable to use currency and then demand control over what other people do in return for your services, when said control has been ceded through the endorsement of currency.
    How does hobby lobby control how their employees spend the money the employee makes?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 19:59
    Originally posted by Eladar
    How does hobby lobby control how their employees spend the money the employee makes?
    They don't.

Any more questions?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 20:02
    They don't.

Any more questions?
    It's not reasonable to use currency and then demand control over what other people do in return for your services, when said control has been ceded through the endorsement of currency.

Then what did you mean by this?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 20:25
    [b]It's not reasonable to use currency and then demand control over what other people do in return for your services, when said control has been ceded through the endorsement of currency.

Then what did you mean by this?[/b]
    Here is one of many possible scenarios where Hobby Lobby's endorsement of currency means they are funding contraceptives (there are many, mainly indirect others).

Meet Sarah Limbaugh. Sarah Limbaugh loves two things: arts and crafts and contraceptives. She has a job at Foetus Stranglers Ltd. where she produces contraceptives. She uses her pay to purchase Hobby Lobby's amazing products. Thus, Sarah's contraceptive production is traded for Hobby Lobby's products. Because Hobby Lobby does not check where their customers' money comes from, they cannot stop their services being traded for activities they deem immoral, esp. if they are legal.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 20:481 edit
    Here is one of many possible scenarios where Hobby Lobby's endorsement of currency means they are funding contraceptives (there are many, mainly indirect others).

Meet Sarah Limbaugh. Sarah Limbaugh loves two things: arts and crafts and contraceptives. She has a job at Foetus Stranglers Ltd. where she produces contraceptives. She uses her pay to purc ...[text shortened]... annot stop their services being traded for activities they deem immoral, esp. if they are legal.
    Do you mind answering my question directly instead of trying to side step it with jibberish.

Btw,

No one is forcing anyone to do business with hobby lobby. If you don't want to spend your money with them then you can do business with another company. It is called freedom.

If you want to spend your money on contraceptives then don't spend that money at hobby lobby.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 05:35
    Do you mind answering my question directly instead of trying to side step it with jibberish.

Btw,

No one is forcing anyone to do business with hobby lobby. If you don't want to spend your money with them then you can do business with another company. It is called freedom.

If you want to spend your money on contraceptives then don't spend that money at hobby lobby.
    It's unfortunate I have not been able to explain the concept of currency to you.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 18:13
    It's unfortunate I have not been able to explain the concept of currency to you.
    Currency is legal tender.

But hey, to a Communist who believes in a dictatorial state it could mean about anything. Liberals are famous for redefining terms.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 18:25
    Currency is legal tender.

But hey, to a Communist who believes in a dictatorial state it could mean about anything. Liberals are famous for redefining terms.
    Currency can, but does not have to be legal tender. Currency does not require a legal system per se. I would recommend reading a bit more about currency in order to help you understand what it is and what it means.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 18:28
    Currency can, but does not have to be legal tender. Currency does not require a legal system per se. I would recommend reading a bit more about currency in order to help you understand what it is and what it means.
    No, currency is legal tender. Any attempt to use the word otherwise in the case of Hobby Lobby is an attempt to redefine terms to go off on a tangent.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 19:06
    No, currency is legal tender. Any attempt to use the word otherwise in the case of Hobby Lobby is an attempt to redefine terms to go off on a tangent.
    Whether or not the currency that Hobby Lobby uses is legal tender (of course it is) is completely irrelevant to the point that I was making, but you can choose to continue to flaunt your ignorance if you so desire.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 19:15
    Whether or not the currency that Hobby Lobby uses is legal tender (of course it is) is completely irrelevant to the point that I was making, but you can choose to continue to flaunt your ignorance if you so desire.
    Lol, you talk jibberish and claim that I'm ignorant. Classic liberal dribble.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree