1. Germany
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 14:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    They were able to wipe out many diseases in the US it is only now that we are seeing diseases brought into the country.

Since you believe the US needs to be brought down a few notches, you see nothing wrong with making the US more like the rest of the world.
    Your attempted historical revisionism is, frankly, quite bizarre.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:01
    Originally posted by Quarl
    This is exactly what I tried (it seems unsuccessfully) to outline in my post previous to yours.

Let me state it plainly: Those in power want a level of US Ebola infection to force unlimited funding for an all out effort to develop an Ebola cure.

That is the ONLY logical conclusion a thinking person could possibly come to when unfettered entrance is granted to both infected and possibly infected individuals.
    Quite well thought out. A bit like a "false flag" event to accomplish what could not be done directly.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:02
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Your attempted historical revisionism is, frankly, quite bizarre.
    Poor attempt at refutation.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:07
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Do you really believe the notion that diseases are brought into the US "only now" is worthy of serious consideration?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:09
    Why should I play games with a leftist?

Perhaps that's your cup of tea, I see it as a waste of time.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:181 edit
    Since starting this thread I heard someone explain why the government wants ebola brought into our country: funding.

Ebola will never get the funding that AIDS receives because Ebola isn't in the US. Bring Ebola to the US, then it will get more funding and Africa gets helps.

It is the only thing that makes sense to me.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:39
    Do you really believe the notion that diseases are brought into the US "only now" is worthy of serious consideration?
    Do you really believe that the American medical system hasn't eliminated quite a few diseases that in the past plagued mankind?

I do believe that government will use whatever it takes to get the laws it wants, or to make its actions more palatable.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:41
    Why should I play games with a leftist?

Perhaps that's your cup of tea, I see it as a waste of time.
    Everyone has a right to argue their point of view. I choose to point out weak arguments, even if you don't convince them, you can debunk their arguments.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 15:46
    Do you really believe that the American medical system hasn't eliminated quite a few diseases that in the past plagued mankind?

I do believe that government will use whatever it takes to get the laws it wants, or to make its actions more palatable.
    Aha, so someone says "A and B" where A is an utterly trivial statement, and B is a ludicrous one, which takes either an iota of knowledge or a femtosecond of Googling to refute. Then I say the statement is ridiculous, from which you conclude that it must be "A" that I have problems with, and not "B"... even after I already explicitly state that it is, in fact, "B" which is the intellectual equivalent of rolling around in pig faeces while reading an Ayn Rand novel?
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 16:02
    Aha, so someone says "A and B" where A is an utterly trivial statement, and B is a ludicrous one, which takes either an iota of knowledge or a femtosecond of Googling to refute. Then I say the statement is ridiculous, from which you conclude that it must be "A" that I have problems with, and not "B"... even after I already explicitly state that i ...[text shortened]... is the intellectual equivalent of rolling around in pig faeces while reading an Ayn Rand novel?
    Another irrelevant distraction. Commonly known as bamboozling with BS.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 16:06
    Another irrelevant distraction. Commonly known as bamboozling with BS.
    Whatever you say.

Diseases have "only now" been brought to the US. Agree/Disagree?
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 16:23
    Whatever you say.

Diseases have "only now" been brought to the US. Agree/Disagree?
    That wasn't the point belittled originally. You moved the goal posts. Of course European diseases came with Europeans, and some of them have been virtually eliminated.

Those infectious diseases came with travelers or immigrants unintentionally. Is there a reason to suspect that introduction of this virus is at least partly intentional?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 16:29
    That wasn't the point belittled originally. You moved the goal posts. Of course European diseases came with Europeans, and some of them have been virtually eliminated.

Those infectious diseases came with travelers or immigrants unintentionally. Is there a reason to suspect that introduction of this virus is at least partly intentional?
    That wasn't the point belittled originally.

Yes, it was.

You moved the goal posts.

No, I didn't.

Of course European diseases came with Europeans, and some of them have been virtually eliminated.

So?

Is there a reason to suspect that introduction of this virus is at least partly intentional?

No.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 16:35
    The comment is only for the US because unlike other countries in the US the Hospitals are not a wing of the government.

Who is charged with public safety?

The government or hospitals? If you don't like hospitals and want to call it the medical community, go for it.

To be specific, I'm talking about ebola. Who is supposed to protect the US populatio ...[text shortened]... no right to say that it doesn't need to quarantine and making it the Hospital's responsibility.
    I hardly think Ebola is your major concern...

How many gun related deaths do you have per year? 31.000 in 2010.
    How many people die in car accidents? 33.500 in 2012.

How many Ebola related deaths per year? Uh... 0.

I think you should conquer your fear and look at the bigger picture.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Oct '14 16:50
    [b]That wasn't the point belittled originally.

Yes, it was.

You moved the goal posts.

No, I didn't.

Of course European diseases came with Europeans, and some of them have been virtually eliminated.

So?

Is there a reason to suspect that introduction of this virus is at least partly intentional?

No.[/b]
    Top of this page, "Your attempted historical revisionism is, frankly, quite bizarre." What historical revision?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree