Hospitals or Government? USA

Hospitals or Government? USA

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
06 Oct 14

Originally posted by shavixmir
I hardly think Ebola is your major concern...

How many gun related deaths do you have per year? 31.000 in 2010.
How many people die in car accidents? 33.500 in 2012.

How many Ebola related deaths per year? Uh... 0.

I think you should conquer your fear and look at the bigger picture.
My major concern or your major concern.

I don't think you can really understand what I'm concerned about, just as I can't really understand what you are concerned about.

You are too screwed up in the head to understand me. You are too screwed up in the head for me to understand you.

E

Moves
06 Oct 14

Originally posted by Eladar
Since starting this thread I heard someone explain why the government wants ebola brought into our country: funding.

Ebola will never get the funding that AIDS receives because Ebola isn't in the US. Bring Ebola to the US, then it will get more funding and Africa gets helps.

It is the only thing that makes sense to me.
I heard another theory today:

Open borders. The leftist agenda requires open borders to increase votes for Democrats not matter what the cost. Nothing can stand in the way of open borders, not even the safety of the American people.

Back to basics

About

Moves
07 Oct 14

I heard another theory today:

Open borders. The leftist agenda requires open borders to increase votes for Democrats not matter what the cost. Nothing can stand in the way of open borders, not even the safety of the American people.
Do you really believe this 'theory'? Really?

E

Moves
07 Oct 14

Originally posted by Lundos
Do you really believe this 'theory'? Really?
Do I believe that Democrats want illegals because it will increase their voter base?

I thought that was obvious.

Republicans want illegals to increase the number of low wage workers.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
07 Oct 14

Do I believe that Democrats want illegals because it will increase their voter base?

I thought that was obvious.

Republicans want illegals to increase the number of low wage workers.
It isn't quite so clear cut as that. The Labor faction of Democrats doesn't want the cheap labor, and the grass roots Republicans don't either. There are factions of both parties that want open borders, and neither faction of either party cares about the negative effects on the nation, like the infections being spread by illegal immigrant children.

E

Moves
07 Oct 14

Originally posted by normbenign
It isn't quite so clear cut as that. The Labor faction of Democrats doesn't want the cheap labor, and the grass roots Republicans don't either. There are factions of both parties that want open borders, and neither faction of either party cares about the negative effects on the nation, like the infections being spread by illegal immigrant children.
Just goes to show you how much power the grass roots Republicans and the labor Democrats really have. They are puppets who are being ignored by both parties.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
07 Oct 14

Just goes to show you how much power the grass roots Republicans and the labor Democrats really have. They are puppets who are being ignored by both parties.
Not true again, as both party's honchos wanted free borders a decade ago. So far it hasn't happened. Enough Senators and Congress critters still fear the people that vote that those "Dream Acts" are still dreams.

E

Moves
08 Oct 14

Not true again, as both party's honchos wanted free borders a decade ago. So far it hasn't happened. Enough Senators and Congress critters still fear the people that vote that those "Dream Acts" are still dreams.
Not true?

Do you mean the borders are secure? What world are you living in?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
08 Oct 14

Not true?

Do you mean the borders are secure? What world are you living in?
I didn't say the borders were secure. What I said quite clearly that the Dream acts had not passed as had been the desire of GW Bush as well as quite a few Democrats. Amnesty has not won yet. People from both parties are necessary to see that it doesn't.

E

Moves
08 Oct 14

I didn't say the borders were secure. What I said quite clearly that the Dream acts had not passed as had been the desire of GW Bush as well as quite a few Democrats. Amnesty has not won yet. People from both parties are necessary to see that it doesn't.
As long as the borders are not secure, both groups are getting screwed.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
08 Oct 14

As long as the borders are not secure, both groups are getting screwed.
That's a good point, and the insecurity of the Southern border is also a big problem with keeping disease out of the country as well.