How is this not a cult?

How is this not a cult?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
179d
1 edit

This lady says "if Trump loses in 2024, I hope I die"

Lots of folks like to make the argument that the size of MAGA rallies mean he's way more popular than Biden. That is wrong. These are cultists. Biden voters on the other hand are not in a cult. They're not Dead Heads touring the country with the band to hear a fresh new solo from Phil Lesh. They're just normal people who don't have time for dumb political rallies.

This lady has devoted her entire life to Trump. Literally.

https://twitter.com/AntiquarianMuse/status/1722566931926986874

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
179d

I agree. There is something cultish there.

Über-Nerd

Moves
178d

@wildgrass

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-election-threats-vermont/

One man's journey down the rabbit hole. There will be some personal connection for each one, maybe different in detail, but broadly similar: a sense of entitlement, of having been cheated out of an entitlement, some personal grievance, and a sense of powerlessness. Those are the people drawn to cult figures who arouse people's anger by touching on exactly that sense of personal entitlement and of having been cheated out of it. Trump himself is the posterboy for angry entitlement of having been cheated; he oozes self-righteous resentment, and that is his peculiar charismatic attraction. This sort of cult also tends to attract people who have underdeveloped critical thinking skills.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
178d
1 edit

@wildgrass said

Lots of folks like to make the argument that the size of MAGA rallies mean he's way more popular than Biden. That is wrong. These are cultists. Biden voters on the other hand are not in a cult. They're not Dead Heads touring the country with the band to hear a fresh new solo from Phil Lesh. They're just normal people ...[text shortened]... r entire life to Trump. Literally.

The Lemming instinct is alive and well I see. I'm sure some of her friends found those Jewish space lasers that were zapping the western US, causing wildfires. 🙄

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
178d

@shavixmir
CultISH? It is a full blown cult, not cultISH. Not LIKE a cult, an actual everyone else is damned CULT. My own sister is one of them, I asked her would she support her god king Trump if he was convicted, she said, YES, the courts are corrupt, and of course it doesn't matter it is an independent bunch of random citizens who render the verdict based on actual evidence but they too are corrupt......
What the HELL do you do or say to people like?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
178d
2 edits

I wonder what flavor is the Kool-Aid®.

Probably lemon-lime. Cheap bastards.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
178d

@wildgrass said

Lots of folks like to make the argument that the size of MAGA rallies mean he's way more popular than Biden. That is wrong. These are cultists. Biden voters on the other hand are not in a cult. They're not Dead Heads touring the country with the band to hear a fresh new solo from Phil Lesh. They're just normal people ...[text shortened]... r entire life to Trump. Literally.

Your eyes are brown, man. You have not one thing to present to the Forum about the zero rallies of Biden. Party allegiance aside, let us discuss why one man draws thousands, while the other does not. A simple question.
Why don’t you fellers ask me a question ? You don’t answer questions. Why is that?

w

Moves
178d

@averagejoe1 said
Your eyes are brown, man. You have not one thing to present to the Forum about the zero rallies of Biden. Party allegiance aside, let us discuss why one man draws thousands, while the other does not. A simple question.
Why don’t you fellers ask me a question ? You don’t answer questions. Why is that?
I think Biden doesn't do rallies because he has a pretty demanding job. He's busy.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
178d

@sonhouse said
@shavixmir
CultISH? It is a full blown cult, not cultISH. Not LIKE a cult, an actual everyone else is damned CULT. My own sister is one of them, I asked her would she support her god king Trump if he was convicted, she said, YES, the courts are corrupt, and of course it doesn't matter it is an independent bunch of random citizens who render the verdict based on actual evidence but they too are corrupt......
What the HELL do you do or say to people like?
Easy Leonard…

I am not disagreeing…

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
178d

@averagejoe1 said
All your questions always get answered. That you don’f like thr answer or are too thick to comprehend it was an answer, cannot be blamed om others. Look at yourself.

Über-Nerd

Moves
178d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
It’s not guy with the biggest circus show who wins. It’s the one with the most votes. (Except in America—where it’s the one with EC in his pocket.)

“Why does Trump draw big crowds?” Isn’t the pertinent question. The pertinent question is, what sort of people are drawn to a cartoon cult figure ?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
178d

@suzianne said
I wonder what flavor is the Kool-Aid®.

Probably lemon-lime. Cheap bastards.
Orange.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
178d

@wildgrass said

The Republican Party sure has changed. Remember when they used to talk about the "Silent Majority"?

Über-Nerd

Moves
177d

@athousandyoung said
The Republican Party sure has changed. Remember when they used to talk about the "Silent Majority"?
Yup.

Then it was the Moral Majority.

It is neither now.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
176d

@wildgrass said
I think Biden doesn't do rallies because he has a pretty demanding job. He's busy.
No, several speaking engagements between naps is not ‘busy. How do you think he will fare in the war room? Hey, google Biden Bad Decisions For Years. And he has more political experience than anyone in Washington DC. Look that up too.
This man has ruined the country. Or, more specifically, his handlers have. Think of that, people running this country, who we are not even aware of.
Do you like that Tlaib Culturalist.? Would you like to live under her ideas and her projected policies?