How should we ban guns?

How should we ban guns?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
23 Feb 18

This is for all the lefties out there.

How should we go about banning guns? Should we go to the trouble of repealing the 2nd amendment or just reinterpret it, or just ignore it?

Infidel

Moves
23 Feb 18

Originally posted by @whodey

How should we go about banning guns? Should we go to the trouble of repealing the 2nd amendment or just reinterpret it, or just ignore it?
Not sure why "righties" shouldn't be allowed to chip in, but alright.

Here you go, bud. No need to re-invent the wheel.

https://steemit.com/guns/@johnthehoan/the-ridiculous-weapon-laws-of-the-netherlands

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Feb 18

Slowly.

First ban automatic weapons / assault weapons.
Stricter controls on who can buy weapons (no retards, loonies or people who’s dad’s married their sisters).

Then make it more difficult to get gun permits.
Then restrict where you can keep guns.

Etc.

The ultimate goal would be in 10 to 15 years a normal gun culture with the next generation accepting it as the way it should be.

Suddenly implimenting cultural changes never works.

w

Moves
23 Feb 18

Getting your ideas from the DNC handbook is cheating! 😠

rain

Moves
23 Feb 18
1 edit

How about banning guns from being bought by people too young for beer?

rain

Moves
23 Feb 18

Or how about closing the "boyfriend loophole", where domestic abusers can't have guns...unless they weren't married to the victim.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Feb 18

What’s dnc?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Feb 18

Originally posted by @shavixmir
What’s dnc?
Democrats Never Count.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Feb 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Democrats Never Count.
They have a manual?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Feb 18

Yeah... you sound like someone who understands culture and cultural progressions.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Feb 18

oOriginally posted by @whodey

Tell me exactly who is calling for banning guns? We are talking about assault weapons like AR 15's with bumpers. Tell me why a hunter would need a gun that shoots 100 rounds per minute or more?

I heard of a REALLY disgusting use of such weapons, a helicopter with 50 cal machine guns shooting an entire family of elephants just for the fun of it circling around and killing these wonderful animals just for fun.

You think that is ok? BESIDES all the kids killed now. How much money would it take for the NRA to make that all ok?

Do you hear ANYONE saying ban hunting weapons, the old 30-06 or such with a breech holding only a few bullets.

Why does ANYONE outside of warfare need with an machine gun?

Why is it it possible for a kid to be able to buy a machine gun but not to be able to even buy beer?

In Israel you have to be 27 to buy a gun. You have a problem with that? Don't pull the Israel army thing, we know they enter the military at age 18 or so and spend a couple years there getting weapons training and such. So a 20 year old Jew gets out of army and still cannot buy a weapon for 7 years more.

Exactly what would be wrong with that? How many 27 year old dudes have done the mass murder thing?

Do you really believe Trumpf calling for 20% of teachers to be armed?

Sure, it makes the NRA happy, according to them, the more guns the better.

So why not just give guns to EVERY student too, give them ALL a glock. That would sure stop those animal mass murderers right?

So just tell us who is trying to kill the second amendment?

We are talking about 100 round per minute or more ASSAULT weapons. You really think people outside military really needs those?

You figure since the bad guys have AR15's or Uzi's, EVERYONE needs them for self protection?

What about the part where many more people would die if that was the case? No big deal, the second amendment is sacred?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
24 Feb 18

Tell me exactly who is calling for banning guns?
I can think of two right here at the debates board who have been honest enough to state their true intention i.e. ban guns:

shav and gkr

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wajoma
I can think of two right here at the debates board who have been honest enough to state their true intention i.e. ban guns:

shav and gkr
Don't be silly.

Moves
24 Feb 18

Tell me exactly who is calling for banning guns? We are talking about assault weapons like AR 15's with bumpers. Tell me why a hunter would need a gun that shoots 100 rounds per minute or more?

I heard of a REALLY disgusting use of such weapons, a helicopter with 50 cal machine guns shooting an entire family of elephants just for the fun of it circling ...[text shortened]... re many more people would die if that was the case? No big deal, the second amendment is sacred?
Once again, sonhouse nails it.

I saw a post on another site about how it might be a good idea to require gun owners to carry insurance. I thought that was brilliant: the insurance industry would do massive screening. I'm no fan of insurance companies, but something like that might work.

Moves
24 Feb 18

I heard of a REALLY disgusting use of such weapons, a helicopter with 50 cal machine guns shooting an entire family of elephants just for the fun of it circling ...[text shortened]... re many more people would die if that was the case? No big deal, the second amendment is sacred?
Once again, sonhouse nails it.

I saw a post on another site about how it might be a good idea to require gun owners to carry insurance. I thought that was brilliant: the insurance industry would do massive screening. I'm no fan of insurance companies, but something like that might work.