1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 17:55
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What would you say are three of Obama's most egregious lies?
    If you like your insurance you can keep it

Bengazi was about a film

My Christian beliefs
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 17:57
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Let's start with his birth certificate, work forward from there.
    How much time do you have?
    Either he lied about being born in the US or he lied when he applied for and was given a scholarship exclusively for foreign students.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:06
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Either he lied about being born in the US or he lied when he applied for and was given a scholarship exclusively for foreign students.
    You apparently fell for an April Fool's joke:

Therefore, many birthers have gleefully seized onto the above-cited news report from April 2009, which purports that Barack Obama attended Occidental College in Los Angeles under a scholarship granted only to students of "foreign citizenship." However, this item isn't a news report at all — it's a hoax whose elements are all demonstrably false:

The article is datelined "April 1, 2009" and tagged "AP," supposedly signifying it came from the Associated Press news agency. The date is a giveaway to the hoax (it's April Fool's Day), and the text of the article does not at all fit the standard Associated Press stylebook guidelines.

There was no such group as "Americans for Freedom of Information" at the time this article began circulating (although someone has since registered a site using that domain name); in fact, a web site for the then-faux organization was established to poke fun at those who believed it did:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

Now don't you feel like an idiot?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:111 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You apparently fell for an April Fool's joke:

Therefore, many birthers have gleefully seized onto the above-cited news report from April 2009, which purports that Barack Obama attended Occidental College in Los Angeles under a scholarship granted only to students of "foreign citizenship." However, this item isn't a news report at all — it's a hoax wh ...[text shortened]... ttp://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

Now don't you feel like an idiot?
    Now how about the other two?

I'm sure you'll deny the Christian beliefs.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:181 edit
    Now how about the other two?

I'm sure you'll deny the Christian beliefs.
    I have no reason to doubt Obama's claim to be a Christian. Right wingers attacked him for going to a certain Christian church if I recall correctly.

Now do you feel like an idiot for believing in an obvious April Fool's joke?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    so far, even though the subject of discussion was "How to cover a lying president", the answers were "Every president lies", "Obama lied too", "Obama's certificate was a fake", "The media should forget its purpose and just go full TheOnion".

So rather than discuss how to cover a compulsive liar in the future so the public gets at least somewhat informe ...[text shortened]... f them) has nothing to do with Trump lying his ass off in his campaign and in the next 4 years.
    You and your ilk follow the exact same trajectory every single predictable time--- like clock work, really.
    ALL issues which conflict with your world view have been debunked.
    Every single time!
    Even when no one has offered even an iota of counter information, your tack is to boldly, confidently, without the slightest sense of doubt in your mind, insist the issue has been debunked.
    Neat-o.
    That's a great trick.
    Pray tell, where have the issues raised in the video posted been debunked?
    Since to my knowledge this information has just recently been released, the debunking champs must be prescient!
  7. Germany
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:41
    If you like your insurance you can keep it

Bengazi was about a film

My Christian beliefs
    Insurance thing seems like a broken promise rather than a lie to me. It may be that Obama did intend for the law to be written such that one would be able to always keep their insurance. It may be that he was aware it was impossible. Hard to be sure either way.

I don't recall Obama lying about Benghazi being "about a film." Once the motive of the attacks was known the "spontaneous attack triggered by film"-theory was dropped, AFAIK.

I don't understand what lies Obama has uttered about "Christian beliefs."
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:49
    Insurance thing seems like a broken promise rather than a lie to me. It may be that Obama did intend for the law to be written such that one would be able to always keep their insurance. It may be that he was aware it was impossible. Hard to be sure either way.

I don't recall Obama lying about Benghazi being "about a film." Once the motive of the att ...[text shortened]... was dropped, AFAIK.

Actually it's been well-documented that the Benghazi attackers told reporters and others at the scene that the attack was in response to the film "insulting the Prophet". Since the Benghazi attack came a day after large scale protests of the same at US diplomatic outposts throughout the Muslim world (some quite violent) this was pretty obvious.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 19:111 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Praytellwherehavetheissuesraisedinthevideopostedbeendebunkzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
    😴
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 20:52

I don't recall Obama lying about Benghazi being "about a film." Once the motive of the att ...[text shortened]... was dropped, AFAIK.

He knew about the program before it was released. It was a lie.

He had his representatives go out that Sunday and on all the shows it was about the film.

Of course not, you just think the rise of jihadists under Obama's administration and jihadists allowed to influence the administration is just normal.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 20:52
    He knew about the program before it was released. It was a lie.

He had his representatives go out that Sunday and on all the shows it was about the film.

Of course not, you just think the rise of jihadists under Obama's administration and jihadists allowed to influence the administration is just normal.
    You asked for lies. I gave them. You need not agree with them.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 21:19
    You asked for lies. I gave them. You need not agree with them.
    Your claim of lies isn't very convincing when one of your source materials is an April Fool's joke.

We've dealt with these absurdities before and there's very little reason to do so again.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 22:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your claim of lies isn't very convincing when one of your source materials is an April Fool's joke.

We've dealt with these absurdities before and there's very little reason to do so again.
    Of course not comrad you are a libtard. I do not expect libtards to agree with me.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 22:56
    Of course not comrad you are a libtard. I do not expect libtards to agree with me.
    You might want to think twice about calling people "libtard" given that you cannot distinguish an April Fools joke from real news and cannot spell comrade.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 23:13

(This just came to mind)

And this is how you cover for a lying President.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree