1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 03:351 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @shavixmir
    [b]“I feel insulted. You cannot judge what insults me, therefore you have to accept my feelings in this.”

Men cannot judge what offends women, white men cannot fathom what’s offensive or racist to black people.

So, what happens is, someone feels insulted and demands an apology.
    And then gets it. Because otherwise said offender is not woke and is prob ...[text shortened]... lege" on a loudspeaker.

Truism? ya. The left is in love with their bully boy micro- aggressions.
    Whhhooooooo... hold your reigns boy.
    What do you mean: “The left”?

You do know that me, Stephen Fry, Rick Gervais, Frankie Boyle and a whole, massive group of vocal people who oppose political correctness are the left?

And you do understand that there’s a difference between racism and free speech?

That there is a right to have emotions, that these emotions are not a universal truth, but that it is good to talk about these emotions?

And you do understand that your reaction is based in the same emotions mixed with fear of your world changing?
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 03:37
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I am a relative noob here at RHP and I know a lot of you that post are long standing
    members and posters in the debates forum. With that said - because you people
    know better than I,,, can anyone in here remember all the posting and discussing
    of racism in America like what we see in the last couple of years?

Racism has been in America since before there was an A ...[text shortened]... they have already names the guilty everybody but themselves.

That's my story. and sticking to it.
    I pretty much think the “left” in the US has plenty of causes to defeat.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 08:25
    @handyandy said
    I know you're not into fact checking. but if the mood ever overtakes you, the following should be of interest:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/30/fact-check-democratic-party-did-not-found-kkk-start-civil-war/3253803001/
    dude, ignore him. Who cares what party started racism and what party perpetuated it. Neither the gop or dnc are the same party they were 100 years ago. Hell, they aren't the same party they were 10 years ago.

He is dragging you in an off topic meaningless conversation about historic trivia to avoid addressing the very real issues of today. The deck is stacked against poor people in general and even more so against minorities
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 12:05
    @handyandy said
    I know you're not into fact checking. but if the mood ever overtakes you, the following should be of interest:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/30/fact-check-democratic-party-did-not-found-kkk-start-civil-war/3253803001/
    Founded in 1865, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for Black Americans. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and Black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.

https://www.history.com/topics/reconstruction/ku-klux-klan

Not hardly
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 12:26
    I am not sure you addressed my issues here, shav but I will try to address yours

@shavixmir
    Whhhooooooo... hold your reigns boy.
    What do you mean: “The left”?

You do know that me, Stephen Fry, Rick Gervais, Frankie Boyle and a whole, massive group of vocal people who oppose political correctness are the left?

I didn't have the *foggiest* idea!! In America, leftists walk in lock step.
    Excellent. There may be hope for your people <smirks>

And you do understand that there’s a difference between racism and free speech?

I believe what you are asking if "racism" can be included in free speech.
    In America., the answer is "yes". I know Europe is much different on this issue.
    For example, Euro people are in prison for expressing Holocaust Denial. But that
    Could not be the case in America, as such speech is protected.

That there is a right to have emotions, that these emotions are not a universal truth, but that it is good to talk about these emotions?

Yes it is good to emote - speak about these emotional circumstances. But again,
    Neo Nazis(and others) would have a ball with this. Are you prepared to let
    them talk of their highly emotional issues? I am sure they are as emotional
    about their issues as BLM or anyone else.

And you do understand that your reaction is based in the same emotions mixed with fear of your world changing?

And what exactly does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
    Of course the world is changing. So what? You *imply* that because the
    world is changing that I must "go along to get along". Not so fast!
    The world was changing when Europe entered the Dark ages, too.
    Russia was changing under the rise of the Bolsheviks, etc etc.

Your judging my ideas as being "out of step" may be correct, but I see it as
    the Western World's step is out of whack, not mine.

That's a juicy topic for a very lengthy thread.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 12:27
    @shavixmir said
    And of course, I think the right has its work cut out for them and they are
    way behind. Way behind. Very sad.
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 12:291 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    dude, ignore him. Who cares what party started racism and what party perpetuated it. Neither the gop or dnc are the same party they were 100 years ago. Hell, they aren't the same party they were 10 years ago.

He is dragging you in an off topic meaningless conversation about historic trivia to avoid addressing the very real issues of today. The deck is stacked against poor people in general and even more so against minorities
    I don't think Columbus is the same now as he was 500 years ago, too.
    The statue still came down.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 02:56
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Founded in 1865, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for Black Americans. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed [b]at white ...[text shortened]... South in the 1870s.

Not hardly
    Your History.com offering doesn't indicate that the KKK was founded by the Democratic Party, only that the group worked to elect Democrats and defeat Republican candidates in the South. Another part of the essay brings us up to date:

"In 1965, President Lyndon Johnson delivered a speech publicly condemning the Klan and announcing the arrest of four Klansmen in connection with the murder of a white female civil rights worker in Alabama. The cases of Klan-related violence became more isolated in the decades to come, though fragmented groups became aligned with neo-Nazi or other right-wing extremist organizations from the 1970s onward. In the early 1990s, the Klan was estimated to have between 6,000 and 10,000 active members, mostly in the Deep South."
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 05:483 edits
    @HandyAndy Your History.com offering doesn't indicate that the KKK was founded by the Democratic Party,

By the Democrat Party? No. Actually, in the beginning, the Ku Klux Klan Party
    was a rival party to the Democrat Party.

The KKK was formed by disgruntled Democrats that thought the Democrat
    Party was not proactive enough in the fight for slavery.

And President Lyndon Johnson... Jeeeezus lol. Every other word out of his
    mouth was ni**er. He was as bad as it gets in my time.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 06:46
    @shavixmir said
    ... and miles to go before we sleep.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 06:48
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Founded in 1865, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for Black Americans. Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed [b]at white ...[text shortened]... South in the 1870s.

Not hardly
    Missing the point again
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 06:52
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @HandyAndy Your History.com offering doesn't indicate that the KKK was founded by the Democratic Party,

By the Democrat Party? No. Actually, in the beginning, the Ku Klux Klan Party
    was a rival party to the Democrat Party.

The KKK was formed by disgruntled Democrats that thought the Democrat
    Party was not proactive enough in the fight for slavery.

And ...[text shortened]... . Jeeeezus lol. Every other word out of his
    mouth was ni**er. He was as bad as it gets in my time.
    And he signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Republicans opposed it.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 10:56
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I don't think Columbus is the same now as he was 500 years ago, too.
    The statue still came down.
    You didn't think this through, did you? 😀 This line is so dumb it put a smile on my face.

One is an organization of people that evolved over more than 200 years the other is a genocidal poopyhead that died a genocidal poopyhead and is forever going to be known as a genocidal poopyhead . (he is dead, he doesn't change anymore).

Can you see how dumb your post is? No? Don't worry about it then.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 14:10
    @earl-of-trumps said
    By the Democrat Party?
    You sound like Rush Limbaugh. It's called the Democratic Party.
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Jul '20 14:111 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    You didn't think this through, did you? 😀 This line is so dumb it put a smile on my face.

One is an organization of people that evolved over more than 200 years the other is a genocidal poopyhead that died a genocidal poopyhead and is forever going to be known as a genocidal poopyhead . (he is dead, he doesn't change anymore).

Can you see how dumb your post is? No? Don't worry about it then.
    How about the statues and symbols of the era?
    Nobody did more damage to African Americans than the Democrat party
    but I don't see a movement afoot to smash the Donkey symbol and dump
    it in the ocean. Strange that!

Or the wonderful statue of Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, the Exalted Cyclops
    of the Ku Klux Klan that stands quite erect in Washington DC.

What,, no social justice warriors tearing it down? Strange that. hmmm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree