1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 19:231 edit
    @shavixmir
    “I feel insulted. You cannot judge what insults me, therefore you have to accept my feelings in this.”

Men cannot judge what offends women, white men cannot fathom what’s offensive or racist to black people.

So, what happens is, someone feels insulted and demands an apology.
    And then gets it. Because otherwise said offender is not woke and is probing his or her racism / ignorance / etc.

Valid points to praise!

And I posit this right back in here...

Some people they are offended by Aunt Jemima pancake mix, Uncle Ben's Rice, "Three white boys" on a box of Rice Krispies and they are quite vocal about it,
    and in some cases, activists have made the product manufacturer change.

With that said...

There are many people offended by "white privilege" and "black lives matter" slogans.
    and it should never be questioned, just a woman cannot be questioned for her
    sensitivities, even when it is not understood.

So when are these oppressive people going to change, if for no other reason,
    than to KEEP THE PEACE?

Between you and me, Shav, the manufacturers never meant any harm to anyone
    and will change just to appease the left.

The left will respond by throwing "white privilege" on a loudspeaker.

Truism? ya. The left is in love with their bully boy micro- aggressions.
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 19:27
    @handyandy said
    Subjugation of African slaves was promoted in the 19th century by the southern Democrats who now call themselves Republicans. Read a book!
    Southern Democrats are NOT republicans.
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 19:28
    @handyandy said
    Subjugation of African slaves was promoted in the 19th century by the southern Democrats who now call themselves Republicans. Read a book!
    Uhhh....NO.
    Republicans were ALWAYS on the side of negating racism.
    It was ALWAYS the Democrats that pushed racism.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 19:34
    @dood111 said
    Uhhh....NO.
    Are we talking about racism or slavery?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 19:47
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Southern Democrats are NOT republicans.
    Check a few facts before you continue to shoot your mouth off:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democrats
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 22:02
    I am a relative noob here at RHP and I know a lot of you that post are long standing
    members and posters in the debates forum. With that said - because you people
    know better than I,,, can anyone in here remember all the posting and discussing
    of racism in America like what we see in the last couple of years?

Racism has been in America since before there was an America. And I dare say
    it is in most any country in the world. And in America, race relations got better
    throughout the decades since the sixties. So what gives...?

It's part illusion. Some people are pushing racism as if it is the biggest scourge
    in America. That makes racism stick out more than what it really is.

The left is peddling racism so they can have a cause to defeat.
    And of course, they have already names the guilty everybody but themselves.

That's my story. and sticking to it.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 00:10
    @kevcvs57
    Usually it is the racist parent who die and the next generation is slightly less racist so in a few hundred more years....

I think proper education of the young can swing us out of that dilemma if it becomes politically correct to do that.

That could short circuit the whole thing in 30 or 40 years I would think

If racism become such a minority those folks would be ostracized then they would keep to themselves I would think, not wanting to start some race war they would certainly lose.

I don't think racism will EVER be fully suppressed, unless there are genetic mutations that lead to more cooperative genes and maybe that would be a genetic target of gene mod sciences of the future but not now.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 00:56
    @dood111 said
    Uhhh....NO.
    Another who failed history.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 12:40
    @sonhouse said
    @kevcvs57
    Usually it is the racist parent who die and the next generation is slightly less racist so in a few hundred more years....

I think proper education of the young can swing us out of that dilemma if it becomes politically correct to do that.

That could short circuit the whole thing in 30 or 40 years I would think

If racism become such a minority those folks ...[text shortened]... ative genes and maybe that would be a genetic target of gene mod sciences of the future but not now.
    we're making a distinction between racism and systemic racism.

if by magic all the racism in the world would disappear today, the US (and others) would still have systemic racism. The schools would still be funded by property tax which would be lower in black neighborhoods because past racism ensured they are poorer. Those neighbourhoods would still have high crime because of bad schools, brought on by, again, past racism. Those neighbourhoods would still be overpoliced because of, again, past racism.

If racist mentality goes away, you are still left with a racist system.
  10. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 15:29
    @zahlanzi said
    we're making a distinction between racism and systemic racism.

if by magic all the racism in the world would disappear today, the US (and others) would still have systemic racism. The schools would still be funded by property tax which would be lower in black neighborhoods because past racism ensured they are poorer. Those neighbourhoods would still have high crime becau ...[text shortened]... e of, again, past racism.

If racist mentality goes away, you are still left with a racist system.
    Maybe if you focused on fighting actually racism, instead of pretending it exists where it doesn't, we could find real solutions to actual problems.
    If there is a need for more police in a neighborhood that is not racism -- and whether there are more are fewer minorities in the neighborhood is completely irrelevant -- it is appropriate to have more police where they are needed.
    If a suburban town uses its wealth to improve its school system -- that, regardless of the ethnic make of the region, is not racism either. In fact, society as a whole should be strongly encouraged to invest in its community.
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 17:33
    @quackquack
    Maybe if you focused on fighting actually racism, instead of pretending it exists where it doesn't, we could find real solutions to actual problems.

quackquack, they don't want to work together on solving problems. They want a war

Something tells me you sniffed that out, though
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 18:17
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @quackquack

quackquack, they don't want to work together on solving problems. They want a war

Something tells me you sniffed that out, though
    I am sure some people want a war, and perhaps those who start a discussion entitled "how to pretend systematic racism doesn't exist" fit in that category. But the truth is I am confident that there are people on both sides of the aisle who actually want to resolves issues without a revolution.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 18:53
    @dood111 said
    Uhhh....NO.
    Until they switched sides, maybe.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 19:351 edit
    @suzianne said
    Until they switched sides, maybe.
    I am sure you agree that the statue of Columbus was thrown into the ocean, correct?

The biggest symbol of African American oppression by far and away, is the
    democrat party's donkey. The donkey presided over slavery, Jim Crow,
    Separate but Equal, lynchings throughout southern America, violent voter
    suppression in America, and much more. And this lasted centuries.

You have ballz talking about the Columbus and the republicans.
    Why don't you try to get some fellow dems, concerned about racist statues
    to go to washington and remove that statue of Senator Robert Byrd, the
    Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan.

If you can go back to 500 years to Columbus, you can certainly go back 10 years
    to Senator Byrd.

Or can you?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jul '20 03:19
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I am sure you agree that the statue of Columbus was thrown into the ocean, correct?

The biggest symbol of African American oppression by far and away, is the
    democrat party's donkey. The donkey presided over slavery, Jim Crow,
    Separate but Equal, lynchings throughout southern America, violent voter
    suppression in America, and much more. And this lasted centuri ...[text shortened]... o back to 500 years to Columbus, you can certainly go back 10 years
    to Senator Byrd.

Or can you?
    I know you're not into fact checking. but if the mood ever overtakes you, the following should be of interest:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/06/30/fact-check-democratic-party-did-not-found-kkk-start-civil-war/3253803001/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree