1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 04:07
    I don’t need to write this myself. The Beeb has 4 experts giving their opinions. Here’s one of them:

Donald Trump will be remembered as the first president to be impeached twice. He fed the myth that the election was stolen, summoned his supporters to Washington to protest the certification of the Electoral College vote, told them that only through strength could they take back their country, and stood by as they stormed the US Capitol and interfered in the operation of constitutional government.

When historians write about his presidency, they will do so through the lens of the riot.
    They will focus on Trump's tortured relationship with the alt-right, his atrocious handling of the deadly Charlottesville protest in 2017, the rise in violent right-wing extremism during his tenure in office, and the viral spread of malevolent conspiracy theories that he encouraged.

Written by:
    Matthew Continetti is a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, focusing on the development of the Republican Party and the American conservative movement.

Full article:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55640427
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 04:431 edit
    @shavixmir said
    I don’t need to write this myself. The Beeb has 4 experts giving their opinions. Here’s one of them:

Donald Trump will be remembered as the first president to be impeached twice. He fed the myth that the election was stolen, summoned his supporters to Washington to protest the certification of the Electoral College vote, told them that only through strength could they ta ...[text shortened]... American conservative movement.

Full article:
    Worst approval rating of his entire four years in office. He leaves in disgrace.

Good riddance.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 04:501 edit
    Jonathan Pie rants on the trump legacy.
    So spot on!

If you can’t be bothered watching it all (it is 12 minutes), although I seriously recommend you do, start at 9 minutes for the climax.
    Enjoy!

YouTube
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 05:12
    It’s not all negative though.
    Seth Meyers is far more positive than Pie on trump’s legacy:

YouTube
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 05:57
    @shavixmir said

Donald Trump will be remembered as the first president to be impeached twice. He fed the myth that the election was stolen, summoned his supporters to Washington to protest the certification of the Electoral College vote, told them that only through strength could they ta ...[text shortened]... American conservative movement.

Full article:
    I'm trying hard NOT to remember him.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 18:44
    Seems like trump is not being remembered fondly...
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 19:41
    @shavixmir said
    Seems like trump is not being remembered fondly...
    I don't think he will be remembered fondly in the history books either.

-VR
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 20:13
    @shavixmir said
    Donald Trump will be remembered as the first president to be impeached twice.
    He will be remembered as the worst President in American history.
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 20:26
    depends on whose book you read
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Jan '21 23:37
    He’ll be vilified as the president who tried to trash democracy.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 05:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 06:14
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Herowho?
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 06:15
    @shavixmir said

Full article:
    Trump. A one-term, twice-impeached, two-time popular vote losing sociopathic narcissist who incited a failed insurrection based on the lie that the election was "stolen" despite losing about 60 court cases wherein his legal team of incompetent carnival barkers produced not a single shred of evidence to substantiate its conspiratorial fever dreams. Ruined businesses, rendered a superpower a laughingstock, and slithered away to Florida by dawn's early light with hardly anyone noticing. Banned from Twitter for life. VERY SAD.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 06:46
    @soothfast said
    Trump. A one-term, twice-impeached, two-time popular vote losing sociopathic narcissist who incited a failed insurrection based on the lie that the election was "stolen" despite losing about 60 court cases wherein his legal team of incompetent carnival barkers produced not a single shred of evidence to substantiate its conspiratorial fever dreams. Ruined businesses, rende ...[text shortened]... Florida by dawn's early light with hardly anyone noticing. Banned from Twitter for life. VERY SAD.
    Do you have to be so subtle?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 08:121 edit
    I need to have more say...

A sexist chauvinistic molester who prided himself on using his influence to sleep with women and infamously “grab them by the pussy”, a fraterniser with convicted pedophiles, a money laundering criminal and convicted racist who had links with the Russian mob and who preferred the company of despots and tyrants to democratic world leaders.

A man of deep bristling vanity, hilarious dyed come-over hair and orange face tan, narcissistic and menacing, a pathological liar who led by creating division.

He will start a new political party, or try to, start a new social media platform, or try to, write a book, or try to and become a byword for comical failure. He will be derided by generations for generations, and even many of his own supporters will come to realise what a dangerous lunatic he was. He will die in shame and loneliness surrounded only by people eager to pick up any pieces of his remaining power, influence or estate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree