How Woke has ruined business productivity

How Woke has ruined business productivity

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
198d

@averagejoe1 said
Consider that these (dependents, whatever they are,) see no problem with everyone being dumbed down to the same social status. To us, we will likely find that status polluted while they will find it pure, as long as they all she the same misery..

Hey, will we all still have a choice of about 300 types of cereal? My wife likes gluten free.
What racist arrogance!

"How dare you make me only as important as my black neighbor, who I've been trying to keep down for decades lest he surpass me."

w

Moves
198d

@averagejoe1 said
Yes, and I hate to break it to you, but the horse is out of the barn. There is no turning this misery around. The libs (woke, et al) will prevail, and win in the end.
The real question is, win what.

I think that the glib post of Wildgrass just above is implying, what ... that it doesn't exist? Millions of people think it exists.
It's not glib. Specifics on what is and is not a 'genuine social grievance', those are entire debate topics on their own. You seem to just use woke in place of the word progressive, and I just want to know if that's what you mean or not?

t

Garner, NC

Moves
198d
1 edit

@suzianne said
So if a company doesn't hire mostly white males, they are being fraudulent?

How is that not a purely racist mindset?
Two types of injustices can happen:

1. Giving white males preferences over minorities who are better qualified.
2. Giving minorities preferences over white males who are better qualified.

That problem blows your mind. It's 2023 and you've never considered #2 as a possibility before. Sorry your news sources have done this to you.

Personally, I think both 1 and 2 happen. Edit: In a country of 330 million people, I feel certain that both happen.

I trust that this has answered your question.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
198d

@sonhouse said
@techsouth
Where did that definition come from? Do you think DeSantis version of Woke is what the country needs to heal from the stark years of Trump? Instead of attacking the real problems of the US right now, repubs are going We need to eliminate abortion,

We need to put drag queens in jail, We need to arrest women crossing state lines to get abortions, meanwhile the ...[text shortened]... years but not now, even LOOKING at a democrat is asking for the end of your repub political career.
I am going to save your reply as a text book example of "red-herring".

Not only is it off topic, it is enthusiastically and extensively off topic.

Sorry your news sources have done this to your mind.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
198d

@wildgrass said
We've tried this definition before. It didn't work. Putting aside the contradictions within the definition, like the fact that grievances in general are not necessarily fraudulent, your definition is way too broad.

Your definition encompasses right wing grievances too? Because it doesn't seem like that's what Joe's talking about.

I think you're all just using woke an ...[text shortened]... ings about what "being offended" means to a white male.

Progressivism. That's what your mad about
I may not like progressivism, but "woke" and progressivism are not synonymous.

For example, someone mentioned abortion. You can be pro abortion without being woke.

Also, gun control. You can be in favor of banning all guns without being woke.

Taxes? You can be in favor of raising taxes of many varieties without being woke. Personally, there are many ideas for tax increases that I oppose. But I would not call the ideas "woke".

I could think of several other "progressive" ideas that many on the right disagree with, but no one calls those ideas "woke".

I repeat, they are not at all synonymous.

Lake Como

Moves
198d

@suzianne said
So if a company doesn't hire mostly white males, they are being fraudulent?

How is that not a purely racist mindset?
But Sue, follow me here, if I have a company, and my main goal is success for me and for the company, I will naturaly search for the very best people. I know you are with me up to this point. When I make my choices, does the racial makeup, or the gender makeup, of the final team have anything to do with ,,,,well,, with anything?
Personally, as the boss (and the person who makes much more than the employees, as I know you are thinking of that!) I would not care if one is an Inuit Trans, as long as this human could make 100 widgets in an hour.
You suggest that I would pass over a White A-average candidate for a diff-race C-average candidate. Your premise makes no sense, as I would not do that.
Would YOU do that? Hire someone dependent on their race?

t

Garner, NC

Moves
198d

@averagejoe1 said
But Sue, follow me here, if I have a company, and my main goal is success for me and for the company, I will naturaly search for the very best people. I know you are with me up to this point. When I make my choices, does the racial makeup, or the gender makeup, of the final team have anything to do with ,,,,well,, with anything?
Personally, as the boss (and the perso ...[text shortened]... es no sense, as I would not do that.
Would YOU do that? Hire someone dependent on their race?
I think she would accuse you of doing that. Because she sees the world in nothing but caricatures, at least as far as I can tell. Every person, to her, is a two dimensional, card-board cut out that are not capable of any nuance.

If the NFL does not have enough black coaches, the only possible reason for her is racism. Other people understand that a black coach that could go 12-4 would get the job in a heart beat over a white coach that could go 10-6, and there would be no complaints from the fans.

Planet Rain

Moves
198d

@averagejoe1 said
There is a new realization among large corporations that they have hired based on race and gender, etc., instead of on merit. A recent survey shows the percentage of new hires at the Fortune 500, who are white heterosexual males, is somewhere between 2% and 6%. As a result, these companies now have a lack of skills problem. They now have a whole layer of diversity hires, ...[text shortened]... erals are inherently not productive, so this factoid will mean nothing to them. Absolutely nothing.
Being a proven liar, scoundrel, and all-around ass-hat, you are not to be believed.

And I call bullsh​it.

Give a link to this "survey." The demographics of Fortune 500 employees, and new hires in particular, have historically been unknown or hard to come by. Most of what's out there reports only on the board members.

w

Moves
198d
2 edits

@techsouth said
I may not like progressivism, but "woke" and progressivism are not synonymous.

For example, someone mentioned abortion. You can be pro abortion without being woke.

Also, gun control. You can be in favor of banning all guns without being woke.

Taxes? You can be in favor of raising taxes of many varieties without being woke. Personally, there are many ideas for t ...[text shortened]... ght disagree with, but no one calls those ideas "woke".

I repeat, they are not at all synonymous.
Abortion, guns, and taxes as social issues all would fit your definition of woke as a 'weaponized social grievance' depending on the context. Which is why I noted that your definition was too broad.

Why can't we use the definition that most people use: 'awareness of systemic issues of racial injustice'. At least that would avoid the confusion of trying to pick and choose what qualifies as 'woke' depending on who thinks whatever issue is a fake social grievance.

Lake Como

Moves
198d

Stop beating the bush with vague feelings about what "being offended" means to a white male.

Progressivism. That's what your mad about
Being offended has never made sense to me. I would like some examples. Like, if someone is doing something (legal and not intended to invade the rights of others), at what point does somebody 'approach' the offender and say that what they are doing is offensive? Yes, we all know about loud music next door and such as that, but what is something that is borderlilne offensive? What is it?
If I wear a BLM bathing suit to the beach, it will certainly offend someone. So, where would it go from there? Mr, would you change suits, that one offends me?
I myself cannot IMAGINE using the word offended in a conversation.

w

Moves
198d

@averagejoe1 said
Being offended has never made sense to me. I would like some examples. Like, if someone is doing something (legal and not intended to invade the rights of others), at what point does somebody 'approach' the offender and say that what they are doing is offensive? Yes, we all know about loud music next door and such as that, but what is something that is borderlilne offens ...[text shortened]... suits, that one offends me?
I myself cannot IMAGINE using the word offended in a conversation.
Ask techsouth, I don't get it either.

By the way, please stop starting threads about woke if you don't know what the word woke means.

Define it, accept common definitions, or use a different word.

Lake Como

Moves
198d

@wildgrass said
It's not glib. Specifics on what is and is not a 'genuine social grievance', those are entire debate topics on their own. You seem to just use woke in place of the word progressive, and I just want to know if that's what you mean or not?
Yes, generally speaking, the concept of Woke is certainly without question born out of progressivism. I think we can all agree on that.
The thing about progessivism is that it has arrived on the scene to, for lack of a better phrase, bug the hell out of me and others who are minding their own business. Progressives want everyone to stop what they are doing and go about change in the lives of all of us. What if they want me to open our southern border and allow millions of aliens into our country? Wow! What a thought for a guy like me who has his own things to get done, and follows the law. If I did that, it would weaken and dilute the USA, which men like me have tried to grow and nurture for our children.......not someone elses.

Lake Como

Moves
198d

@techsouth said
I am going to save your reply as a text book example of "red-herring".

Not only is it off topic, it is enthusiastically and extensively off topic.

Sorry your news sources have done this to your mind.
Yes, I think it was about Trump. zzzzzzzzz

Lake Como

Moves
198d

@techsouth said
I think she would accuse you of doing that. Because she sees the world in nothing but caricatures, at least as far as I can tell. Every person, to her, is a two dimensional, card-board cut out that are not capable of any nuance.

If the NFL does not have enough black coaches, the only possible reason for her is racism. Other people understand that a black coach that ...[text shortened]... a heart beat over a white coach that could go 10-6, and there would be no complaints from the fans.
Thumb up from AvJoe. Coach a great analogy. I consider one of my associates, who is GREAT at getting business, a rainmaker, to be just as valuable to me as people in Arizona regard the coach of the Diamondbacks. Do you think that they give one IOTA what his race is? Suzy does.

Lake Como

Moves
198d

@soothfast said
Being a proven liar, scoundrel, and all-around ass-hat, you are not to be believed.

And I call bullsh​it.

Give a link to this "survey." The demographics of Fortune 500 employees, and new hires in particular, have historically been unknown or hard to come by. Most of what's out there reports only on the board members.
As what I wrote is factual, that means you can find it yoursel, I stand behind every word.
As to your first sentence above, I am offffeeennnnnnnnnnded. I bet you have used that word before. Creepy.