Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 14:54
    Generally speaking in the end the wife slash mother is the one who determines what is done with the estate. Short of being divorced and out of the picture the wife who generally outlived the husband controls the wealth the husband spent his life acquiring.

    So if you are a child and want a decent piece of the pie you need to suck up to mom lol.
  2. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    20 Jul '18 16:102 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Generally speaking in the end the wife slash mother is the one who determines what is done with the estate. Short of being divorced and out of the picture the wife who generally outlived the husband controls the wealth the husband spent his life acquiring.

    So if you are a child and want a decent piece of the pie you need to suck up to mom lol.
    Nah the young relatives just send her to an nursing home against her will and take the house. My cousins did that to my Nina. She said if she had a gun she would have killed them.

    Like this woman:

    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/04/arizona-woman-92-kills-son-deputies-say/
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 16:21
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Nah the young relatives just send her to an nursing home against her will and take the house. My cousins did that to my Nina. She said if she had a gun she would have killed them.

    Like this woman:

    https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/04/arizona-woman-92-kills-son-deputies-say/
    So what you are saying is use the law to steal from your mother lol.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    20 Jul '18 16:34
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Generally speaking in the end the wife slash mother is the one who determines what is done with the estate. Short of being divorced and out of the picture the wife who generally outlived the husband controls the wealth the husband spent his life acquiring.

    So if you are a child and want a decent piece of the pie you need to suck up to mom lol.
    Or you can just get Dad to visit an estate planning attorney.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    20 Jul '18 19:57
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Generally speaking in the end the wife slash mother is the one who determines what is done with the estate. Short of being divorced and out of the picture the wife who generally outlived the husband controls the wealth the husband spent his life acquiring.

    So if you are a child and want a decent piece of the pie you need to suck up to mom lol.
    You sexist piece of trash.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 19:59
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Or you can just get Dad to visit an estate planning attorney.
    Yeah that way the wife doesn't get it all. Give her half and the kids half. Sounds good. Liquidate and divide.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    You sexist piece of trash.
    Sexist to say wives generally outlive their husbands?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    20 Jul '18 20:12
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Sexist to say wives generally outlive their husbands?
    I think it was the 'suck up to Mom' part.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 21:57
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I think it was the 'suck up to Mom' part.
    Really? Did I say sons should suck up or daughters should suck up?

    Homey don't think so. But in the case of she's suggestion..suck up to dad lol.

    Usually grandpa's money goes to his last wife's family.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    20 Jul '18 22:01
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Yeah that way the wife doesn't get it all. Give her half and the kids half. Sounds good. Liquidate and divide.
    Or use a trust that allows the surviving spouse (either gender) a liberal living allowance but preserves the bulk of the assets for distribution in accordance with an agreed-upon succession plan.

    I've done this literally hundreds of times.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 23:051 edit
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Or use a trust that allows the surviving spouse (either gender) a liberal living allowance but preserves the bulk of the assets for distribution in accordance with an agreed-upon succession plan.

    I've done this literally hundreds of times.
    I suppose if you have a large enough net worth this would work.

    What about the average schmuck who has most of his value in property a house maybe two and only a couple hundred k in cash?

    Most of us do not live in your world of affluence.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    20 Jul '18 23:102 edits
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Or use a trust that allows the surviving spouse (either gender) a liberal living allowance but preserves the bulk of the assets for distribution in accordance with an agreed-upon succession plan.

    I've done this literally hundreds of times.
    Wow!

    Amazing that you have any left to bequeath.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    20 Jul '18 23:25
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Sexist to say wives generally outlive their husbands?
    No, moron, it's sexist to say that Dad did all the earning and Mom does all the taking.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 23:30
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    No, moron, it's sexist to say that Dad did all the earning and Mom does all the taking.
    I did not say that. You assumed it beeach.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    20 Jul '18 23:332 edits
    Originally posted by @js357
    Wow!

    Amazing that you have any left to bequeath.
    He rubs elbows with multi millionaires and possibly billionaires.

    Working for the rich who can afford his expensive rates makes him think his wealth is due to his hard work lol.
Back to Top