1. Germany
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 10:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    What about someone like John Edwards who cheated on his wife dying of cancer, and then tried to destroy those who might blow the whistle on him?
    By contrast, John Edwards went back to practicing law.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 13:20
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    By contrast, John Edwards went back to practicing law.
    Has anyone ever wiped that grin off his face?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 13:32
    Here in SA, our president is a polygamist who is known to have had sex outside marriage (there was a court case about whether or not it was rape).

The funny thing is, the people who are most likely to say that an unfaithful husband is unsuitable to be president are probably also Trump supporters. Hilarious.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 17:261 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Apparently, American voters are able to sort things out, and make allowances for the personal failures of people. His wife and his constituents had vastly different reactions.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:39
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    As I pointed out in another thread, accusations coming long after the fact, in fact beyond a statute of limitations are not usually taken seriously.

It is a good thing that this evil man was convicted due to his own continued bad behavior.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:43
    https://www.yahoo.com/politics/are-we-getting-the-leaders-1397064998158390.html

Here is an article about one Gary Hart. For those who don't know, he once ran for President and was taken down by the press for a sex scandal. He then later blamed the press for "hunting him down" like that and warned of a much more hostile political atmosphere that would de ...[text shortened]... uld withdraw all support from Ted Cruz if it could be proved that he was unfaithful to his wife.
    It isn't politics, it is guys with money and power. It is a known lifestyle among rich stock traders to have a wife raising kids at home while he has his mistress on the side.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:47
    Originally posted by Eladar
    It isn't politics, it is guys with money and power. It is a known lifestyle among rich stock traders to have a wife raising kids at home while he has his mistress on the side.
    I think there is some truth to that.

The more wealthy an individual the more free time they have and the less dependent they become on the family unit.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 20:492 edits

The more wealthy an individual the more free time they have and the less dependent they become on the family unit.
    No, women in general are attracted to power and money.

The more money and perceived power a man has, the more women he will have the choice to sleep with.

The more money a man has, the more money he has after his wife and kids responsibilities are covered so that he can afford to spend money on the other woman.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 21:061 edit
    No, women in general are attracted to power and money.

The more money and perceived power a man has, the more women he will have the choice to sleep with.

The more money a man has, the more money he has after his wife and kids responsibilities are covered so that he can afford to spend money on the other woman.
    Also a good point.

Duly noted.

I guess whoever gave you a thumbs down never encountered a gold digger.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 21:11
    Also a good point.

Duly noted.

I guess whoever gave you a thumbs down never encountered a gold digger.
    It isn't just a gold digger. Many women will stay with the rich guy, it is security. They get to have all they want, or at least much more than what they could actually earn.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 21:31
    I can assure you that it is not uncommon even amongst the very poor.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 21:33

Does anyone have any statistics that show that infidelity is more common amongst the rich?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 21:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I can assure you that it is not uncommon even amongst the very poor.
    Yeah, those guys don't try to support their families anyhow.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '16 22:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Does anyone have any statistics that show that infidelity is more common amongst the rich?
    None that I know of. Do you reckon some rich guy would pay someone to do a case study? 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree