Originally posted by FishHead111
    Don't think you're as familiar with Chinese as you claim:
    http://dictionary.hantrainerpro.com/chinese-english/translation-ta_he.htm
    http://dictionary.hantrainerpro.com/chinese-english/translation-ta_she.htm
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 07:42
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    Try to follow this. You don't make the rules.
    No, but the Canadian government does in Canada, surely? Certainly you and Fishhead don't make the rules in Canada.

What in the world makes you think you have the slightest case for dictating anyone's speech to them? You don't get to tell anyone anything about speech. Neither do I. Maybe you don't understand the expression 'free speech'. Maybe you don't understand language. Maybe you're too easily offended. In any and all of the above cases, you don't get to tell us anything at all about speech. Its very simple.
    I see you haven't read the article in the OP or my posts responding to it so you are attempting to answer the wrong question. Go back and read them then try again.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 07:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Last time I checked, there are in fact males and females.
    Yes there are. And what differences are you aware of between them? Please give me one difference between 'mother' and 'father' that would affect how a school would respond to a situation.

Seems like it is artificial to force gender neutrality.
    You clearly misunderstand the situation, and people like you that show sexism are exactly what it is all about. Because you know I am male, you treat me differently than you treat a poster you believe to be female. Is that fair?

I don't hear the Thai's complaining they can't say Crop when they are male of Cop when they are female.
    Well that's not surprising given that you stated that you can't understand Thai. If you did hear them complaining you would just ignore them and dismiss it. The Canadians are complaining and instead of listening you would rather say 'but the Thais don't mind'. When the Thais complain you will say 'but I don't hear the French complaining'. When the french complain you will say 'but nobody in Japan seems to care'.

It's part of the culture and it just seems more like human engineering for a government to try to change a culture by decree.
    You still haven't read the article in the OP have you? Go and actually read it and don't be taken in by Fishhead.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 12:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, but the Canadian government does in Canada, surely? Certainly you and Fishhead don't make the rules in Canada.

[b]What in the world makes you think you have the slightest case for dictating anyone's speech to them? You don't get to tell anyone anything about speech. Neither do I. Maybe you don't understand the expression 'free speech'. Maybe you do ...[text shortened]... to it so you are attempting to answer the wrong question. Go back and read them then try again.
    You may assert that 'you see' I haven't read the OP article, twice, with assurance, and tell me I'm answering the wrong question, and you'd be wrong three times running.
    I state quite clearly that I don't make the rules, so maybe its not my reading comprehension that needs works.
    So you reread the op and tell me why the young person, lets say a male, who objects to, lets says a biological female who identifies as a male, being in the same locker room, gets assigned the necessity to relocate. How do you justify that? On the moral superiority of her gender identification?
    Hardly. You do it on your own moral superiority, which I'm here to tell you is a fantasy, You're not in charge. Get over yourself
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 12:44
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    I state quite clearly that I don't make the rules,
    You also state quite clearly that I don't make the rules either despite my never having attempted to do so.
    So now explain how you stating clearly that you don't make the rules applies to the article in the OP or applies to anything in this thread? How does it demonstrate that you have read the article in the OP?

So you reread the op and tell me why the young person, lets say a male, who objects to, lets says a biological female who identifies as a male, being in the same locker room, gets assigned the necessity to relocate. How do you justify that?
    When you figure out how to write that in English, I will give an answer.

You're not in charge. Get over yourself
    When did I ever suggest I was in charge?

Your previous post said:
    What in the world makes you think you have the slightest case for dictating anyone's speech to them?

Nothing in the article, and nothing I said, suggests that anyone is dictating anyone else's speech to them.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 13:14
    I got it, I see the light, how dare we use words like him, her, he, she, or Mr. or Ms. Identifying someone's gender is so wrong.
    From now on I will only use Mx, zir, dir, ze, de or whatever other new words that are considered politically correct.
    It's only natural.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 13:181 edit
    I got it, I see the light, how dare we use words like him, her, he, she, or Mr. or Ms. Identifying someone's gender is so wrong.
    From now on I will only use Mx, zir, dir, ze, de or whatever other new words that are considered politically correct.
    It's only natural.
    Don't forget 'them', 'they', 'these', and those. Whosoever we could use. Whomsoever. Any others?
    "those people over there should make sure their sexually appropriate swimming gear is adjusted correctly''.

"These people look a lot different from those people, why are there not those two protuberances on some of the others?"
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 14:09
    It's only natural.
    I take it you still have no actual argument as to why you think the article in the OP indicates insanity so you will continue to throw out ridiculous strawmans.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 14:103 edits
    Don't forget 'them', 'they', 'these', and those. Whosoever we could use. Whomsoever. Any others?
    "those people over there should make sure their sexually appropriate swimming gear is adjusted correctly''.

"These people look a lot different from those people, why are there not those two protuberances on some of the others?"
    Have you actually read the article in the OP yet?

And can you explain why certain protuberances affect you so much that you feel you need to mention them whenever you talk about someone?

From now on, whenever you talk about someone you must say "the person over there with the boobs" or "that friend of yours that has a penis". I suggest also taking a hint from the Thais and always greeting with either "Good morning person with boobs" or "Good morning person with a penis".
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 14:20
    May I ask what job title you currently have? What qualifications?
    Do you hold a degree, or a degreess? Are you a engineer or an engineeress? Does your chief of staff refer to herself as chieftainess of staff? Do you want 'manageress' and 'CEOess' to become standard practice?
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '16 22:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree