1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 01:411 edit
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    You spent considerable time putting this together, didn't you ? 😆
    It was off the cuff mghm, TANSTAAFL explained clearly and concisely with the reason it did not apply to shav's vege garden (his question). It takes some effort to talk down to the level of someone that can only focus on two words.

But you can see the extent of the shav's imagination when his mind is working overtime 'you're a retard'. Then shav's mini-me wolfgang pipes in 'yeah, he's a retard.'

Kind of embarrassing for those guys.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 10:14
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The learning curve?

I don't think knowledge is the issue, I think it is the wisdom on how to apply knowledge that is the problem. Essentially you are creating an ever expanding intelligence that does not have the ability to empathize with human beings.

So let's say you feed the AI the notion that human beings are destroying the planet via carbon emiss ...[text shortened]... only will you have mass unemployment, you will have a docile and dependent society based on AI.
    Its impossible to know how things will turn out. Just as we could end up in a nightmarish Terminator/Matrix future, we could also end up in an Ian Banks - Culture novel.

The tricky question for me is what motivation will AI have for doing anything, what's going to make it care either-way? Its entirely possible that it wont and put its self on stand-by for the rest of time.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '18 11:14
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    It was off the cuff mghm, TANSTAAFL explained clearly and concisely with the reason it did not apply to shav's vege garden (his question). It takes some effort to talk down to the level of someone that can only focus on two words.

But you can see the extent of the shav's imagination when his mind is working overtime 'you're a retard'. Then shav's mini-me wolfgang pipes in 'yeah, he's a retard.'

Kind of embarrassing for those guys.
    LOL
    Be happy - we are all laughing at you - but be happy.
    Dunning-Kruger.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Sep '18 05:34
    AI per se is not dangerous. It depends on the use to which it is put, and that depends on humans. See this article, for example:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45497617

Guess which countries oppose an international ban on fully autonomous weapons systems? Makes you question who the good guys are.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree