This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Mar '21 05:17
    @vivify said
    Is "cancel culture" a legitimate phenomena or is just a complaint from people whining about losing positions from irresponsible comments?
    It’s both really.

Yes. There is cancel culture. There are right-wing extremists who try to ban evolution being taught in schools. And there are left-wing extremists who take politically correct (being polite) to sickening levels.

And there are folk who think that they can say anything they want and that people have to listen to them. And there are people who think people who say things they don’t like should have their opinions removed.

And both sides wallow in their own versions of victimhood.

And more importantly, they all irritate the hell out of me.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '21 12:45
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I never claimed you did.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '21 12:47
    @shavixmir said
    It’s both really.

Yes. There is cancel culture. There are right-wing extremists who try to ban evolution being taught in schools. And there are left-wing extremists who take politically correct (being polite) to sickening levels.

And there are folk who think that they can say anything they want and that people have to listen to them. And there are people who think peo ...[text shortened]... in their own versions of victimhood.

And more importantly, they all irritate the hell out of me.
    "And there are people who think people who say things they don’t like should have their opinions removed."

That would be you.

You irritate the hell out of yourself?
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Mar '21 17:43
    @metal-brain said
    "And there are people who think people who say things they don’t like should have their opinions removed."

That would be you.

You irritate the hell out of yourself?
    No it’s just boring farts like yourself who repeat the same nonsensical disinformation time and time again. Your trolling the whole forum with your BS
    Change the record from time to time, there must other nonsensical theories out there.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 23:33
    @vivify said
    Is "cancel culture" a legitimate phenomena or is just a complaint from people whining about losing positions from irresponsible comments?
    Since people are actually being fired or not hired due to their controversial positions, and this is happening consistently, it is real.

It is also not unique to the current time.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 Mar '21 00:18
    @philokalia said
    Since people are actually being fired or not hired due to their controversial positions
    See Fox News, who hired Tucker Carlson, a man David Duke called "an excellent choice" to replace Bill O'Reilly; or hired Mark Fuhrman, infamous for being revealed as a staunch racist during the OJ trial, as a contributor; or who supported Trump during his entire political career, who called Mexicans immigrants drug-using rapists, advocated killing the families of suspected terrorists, and on and on.

People are most certainly hired for "controversial positions", especially by the right.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree