1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '10 17:23
    Originally posted by acb123
    Not much in the pockets of the public. We give vast sums to the banks, they reluctantly lend minute amounts to customers.The interest rates being what they are, the return to them is far less than they can get by gambling the money on the markets and continuing to pay themselves obscene annual bonuses...don't get me started !!!!
    So what is to be done if this is true? Are you going to turn to your political leaders who would appear to be in the back pockets of these banks?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '10 17:261 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Well, more like wishes for his death from the head of the teachers union. Just a tasteless joke really. But it's probably his own fault for being so testy.
    But where are all the left wingers who are outraged at the Tea Party protests as being "threatening"? Surely they are just as offended, if not more so, by death threats on the governor.......NOT!!
  3. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 May '10 19:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what is to be done if this is true? Are you going to turn to your political leaders who would appear to be in the back pockets of these banks?
    You answer your own question. There seems to be nothing that the average citizen can do to affect any changes. These people barter money for power and power for money...as people like them have always done. The only consolation for me personally is that I would hate to live their lives. There are always people trying to relieve them of their money....jockeying for position to occupy their position of power. Thank God my life is far less complicated.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    11 May '10 20:11
    You answer your own question. There seems to be nothing that the average citizen can do to affect any changes. These people barter money for power and power for money...as people like them have always done. The only consolation for me personally is that I would hate to live their lives. There are always people trying to relieve them of their money....jockeying for position to occupy their position of power. Thank God my life is far less complicated.
    You can get banks out of the equation by simply forbidding them to contribute to election campaigns.
  5. Joined
    08 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 May '10 21:14
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You can get banks out of the equation by simply forbidding them to contribute to election campaigns.
    The only people who can make that happen are the politicians themselves... and the only people who can pressurise them into doing that are the media. Do you think that's likely?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    11 May '10 21:21
    The only people who can make that happen are the politicians themselves... and the only people who can pressurise them into doing that are the media. Do you think that's likely?
    It's the people who vote.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '10 02:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    That's right. In fact, Barak Obama had oil companies like BP give the most to his campaigns. Of course, GS was not considered a "bank" during that time as well, so I guess they count as well. You see, it can be done!! 😛
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '10 02:26
    Its called man against "the machine".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree