1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 08:51
    I was listening to talk radio and the radio host said getting sprayed once is not torture.

I really don't know because I've never been pepper sprayed and I don't know anybody that has, so I'm hoping someone on this forum knows more about it than I do.
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 09:18
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I was listening to talk radio and the radio host said getting sprayed once is not torture.

I really don't know because I've never been pepper sprayed and I don't know anybody that has, so I'm hoping someone on this forum knows more about it than I do.
    Apparently it is: YouTube&feature=share

Non-violent North Coast Earth First! activists are pepper spray tortured by the Humboldt County Sheriff's Department of California, The tortured victims sued in federal court and won
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 11:36

Whether it's torture or not, it's not something that police should be doing to those they are supposed to protect and serve.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 11:56
    I have been pepper sprayed, once (not by the police, but by a robber). It is quite painful but it did not do any lasting damage. It was quite funny because apparently cops have to do this to themselves as part of their training (so they know what it's like and won't use it lightly) so they were all very empathic when I arrived at the police station. Is it torture? Well, that depends on the reason why it is used. As with any weapon, if it used to extract information or simply without a good reason (against someone who is no credible threat or can be contained with less violent means) then it is torture, I would say.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 12:53

No.

Conversely, watching people be threatened to by health insurance, now that is torture.

Watching a moral midget like Barney Frank, who probably should be in jail, critic the morality of someone like Newt Gingrich, now that is torture.

Having students in public schools be forced to watch Al Gores "Inconvenient Truth", now that is torture.

Trying to find a job in this fabulous economy, now that is torture.

I'm sure the above would prefer a good pepper spray instead. 😵
  6. Germany
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 13:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    No.

Conversely, watching people be threatened to by health insurance, now that is torture.

Watching a moral midget like Barney Frank, who probably should be in jail, critic the morality of someone like Newt Gingrich, now that is torture.

Having students in public schools be forced to watch Al Gores "Inconvenient Truth", now that is torture.

Trying ...[text shortened]... my, now that is torture.

I'm sure the above would prefer a good pepper spray instead. 😵
    Ah, it's the thread-hijack-multi-attack.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 14:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Ah, it's the thread-hijack-multi-attack.
    You kids make it far to easy. 😛
  8. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 20:08
    Yes. Pepper spray is enough to cause a attacking grizzly bear to backoff.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 20:20
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Yes. Pepper spray is enough to cause a attacking grizzly bear to backoff.
    Wow. I just had a BRILLIANT idea!

GUARD SKUNKS! I'll be rich!
  10. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 20:30

No. You can torture someone with a piece of rope. But rope is not torture.
  11. Standard memberexpuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    here...again
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 21:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Wow. I just had a BRILLIANT idea!

GUARD SKUNKS! I'll be rich!
    I have to admit, guard skunks trumps my idea of guard possums. Good Idea, thumbs up my celto-american brother.
  12. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 21:24
    Whether it is torture, Wavy Gravy reports that Congress just voted that pepper spray constitutes a vegetable.
  13. Standard memberexpuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    here...again
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 21:27
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Whether it is torture, Wavy Gravy reports that Congress just voted that pepper spray constitutes a vegetable.
    I beg to differ, I believe it is in the fruit family.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 21:46
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    I have to admit, guard skunks trumps my idea of guard possums. Good Idea, thumbs up my celto-american brother.
    The possums can defend against tree snakes. I think the two could work in tandem.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 23:30
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15809742

A US university has suspended two campus police officers over the use of pepper spray on students at a peaceful protest on Friday in support of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

Video of the incident shows police blasting seated protesters in the face with the chemical at close range.

The chancellor of the University of California, Davis, who had called in the police, criticised the use of pepper spray on the protesters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree