Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 15 Jun '10 21:37
    zeeblebot has an opinion about everything, so it seems, and none of them constructive. What makes a person love to criticise? Is he capable of a positive word?

    Ancient Chinese Proverb: opinions are like ass holes, everybody's got one.
  2. 15 Jun '10 21:39 / 1 edit
    Barnacles, are you sure you are not an adam warlock sockpuppet?

    Thread 130897
  3. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    15 Jun '10 21:46
    Originally posted by Barnacles
    zeeblebot has an opinion about everything, so it seems, and none of them constructive. What makes a person love to criticise? Is he capable of a positive word?

    Ancient Chinese Proverb: opinions are like ass holes, everybody's got one.
    He doesn't have an opinion on nothing. He also doesn't have arguments to present. All he has are wikipedia links and "witty" one liners.

    Thank God! for gbaway!
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    15 Jun '10 21:48
    Zeeb is about 10% constructive. There's a little bit of value in his posts but they are mostly copy-paste spam.
  5. 15 Jun '10 21:52
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    He doesn't have an opinion on nothing. He also doesn't have arguments to present. All he has are wikipedia links and "witty" one liners.

    Thank God! for gbaway!
    how'd this thread get through your filters?
  6. 15 Jun '10 21:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    Barnacles, are you sure you are not an adam warlock sockpuppet?

    Thread 130897
    and, what kind of positive comments are you looking for? please give us some examples.
  7. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    15 Jun '10 21:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Zeeb is about 10% constructive. There's a little bit of value in his posts but they are mostly copy-paste spam.
    I disagree. 'Constructive' has little relevance with regard to zeeblebot activity. After adequate dosage -- a brazillion hits or more -- one perceives a pattern of inquiry and challenge leavened with the slightest sprinkling of confessional material (in the Rousseau rather than Catholic sense). CS Peirce might say that zeeblebot is a sign (I'll have to check on that once I've adequately digested more CS Peirce).

    For better or for worse, the soundtrack to this post is 'Red Right Hand' by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jun '10 22:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    how'd this thread get through your filters?
    Why would adam warlock be filtering out Barnacles?
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Jun '10 22:59
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Thank God! for gbaway!
    Hanging out in the Debate Forum and then using software to filter out people who have disagreed with you has got to be one of the dumbest things I've come across on RHP.
  10. 16 Jun '10 00:22
    Zeeb, I don't read many of those links, but don't let these footlockers get to you. Keep it coming, mate.
  11. 16 Jun '10 00:48
    You like me! You really LIKE me!!!
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Jun '10 13:31
    I guess no one else has noticed, but Z has been much lighter on the pastes and much heavier on the snide one liners lately.

    Oh well, Z, we try and try, not no one notices.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    16 Jun '10 13:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Hanging out in the Debate Forum and then using software to filter out people who have disagreed with you has got to be one of the dumbest things I've come across on RHP.
    -zing-
  14. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    16 Jun '10 13:53
    Originally posted by sh76
    -zing-
    The problem isn't about disagreeing as sh76 or aty serve as a proof. The problem is the utter inanity and lack of content.
    I'm in debates for the debates not to read wikipedia or to reply to windbagged dingbats.

    Thanks for letting me see this, sh76 old pal!
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    16 Jun '10 13:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    The problem isn't about disagreeing as sh76 or aty serve as a proof. The problem is the utter inanity and lack of content.
    I'm in debates for the debates not to read wikipedia or to reply to windbagged dingbats.
    Thanks for letting me see this, sh76 old pal!
    Correction Hanging out in the Debate Forum, using software to filter out people who have disagreed with you - and then responding to some of the posts through a third person - is now perhaps the dumbest thing I've come across on RHP.