John Allen Muhammad executed

John Allen Muhammad executed

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Nov 09

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091111/ap_on_re_us/us_sniper_execution

Obviously, many of us feel strongly about the death penalty. I, myself, though I have no problem with executing a murderer, have deep reservations about executions because of the possibility of executing an innocent person.

But hopefully we can agree that if any civilian criminal deserves to die, this fellow was the perfect candidate. This is a man who intentionally and with careful planning and preparation, wreaked havoc by, over a period of months, killing completely random innocent people for no reason other than their being at the wrong place at the wrong time. If he was trying to make some sort of political point, he never said so.

q

Moves
11 Nov 09

Originally posted by sh76

Obviously, many of us feel strongly about the death penalty. I, myself, though I have no problem with executing a murderer, have deep reservations about executions because of the possibility of executing an innocent person.

But hopefully we can agree that if any civilian criminal deserves ...[text shortened]... lace at the wrong time. If he was trying to make some sort of political point, he never said so.
I have no problem with the death penalty (I don't want to execute innocent people but I do not wish to incarcerate innocent people either). I do agree that this individual is an excellent candidate for the death penalty. You seem to imply that if he had a political agenda you might be less likely to give him the death penalty. Is that so? Why?

Moves
11 Nov 09

But hopefully we can agree that if any civilian criminal deserves to die, this fellow was the perfect candidate...
I am anti-death penalty for a great many reasons; however, I do agree with this statement.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
11 Nov 09

Originally posted by quackquack
I have no problem with the death penalty (I don't want to execute innocent people but I do not wish to incarcerate innocent people either). I do agree that this individual is an excellent candidate for the death penalty. You seem to imply that if he had a political agenda you might be less likely to give him the death penalty. Is that so? Why?
Well, all I meant was that killing people without a reason is even more evil than killing people with a reason. I would have no problem with him being executed if he were trying to make a political statement as well.

w

Moves
12 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by quackquack
[b]I have no problem with the death penalty (I don't want to execute innocent people but I do not wish to incarcerate innocent people either).
That kinda limits your options doesn't it? I'm just waiting for the far left to suggest paying these criminals reparations for the evil within society they were exposed to that drove them to kill. 😛

silicon valley

Moves
13 Nov 09

But hopefully we can agree that if any civilian criminal deserves ...[text shortened]... lace at the wrong time. If he was trying to make some sort of political point, he never said so.
he says he didn't do it and i believe his lawyers say he didn't do it.

STS

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by zeeblebot
he says he didn't do it and i believe his lawyers say he didn't do it.
Well that settles it then.

F

Moves
13 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
I'm just waiting for the far left to suggest paying these criminals reparations for the evil within society they were exposed to that drove them to kill.
It's not clear what you are satirizing here. Are you trying to poke fun at "the far left" or are you poking fun at your own rather embarrassing sense of 'political humour'?

w

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by FMF
It's not clear what you are satirizing here. Are you trying to poke fun at "the far left" or are you poking fun at your own rather embarrassing sense of 'political humour'?
Whatever makes you laugh FMF. Lighten up a bit.

F

Moves
13 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Whatever makes you laugh FMF. Lighten up a bit.
It's just that you go on and on and on and on about how this Forum has all these "far left" people on it, and yet - despite this - no one has said anything remotely like what you are "waiting" for the "far left" to say. Indeed, this particular case has seen consensus. And yet you blunder on, broken record and all. So, it seems you are satirizing yourself - perhaps inadvertently - as I suspected.

Is your incessant stuff about 'death camps' for granny supposed to make us laugh too?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Nov 09

Still don't see any justification for the State to murder him.

The war in Iraq was carefully planned and resulted in the murdering of tens of thousands of civilians. Carry on like that and there's gonna be nobody left to pull the switch (or shoot the shot... or whatever barbaric means they use nowadays).

Oh. I forgot. State-sanctioned murder is cool.

STS

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by shavixmir
Still don't see any justification for the State to murder him.

The war in Iraq was carefully planned and resulted in the murdering of tens of thousands of civilians. Carry on like that and there's gonna be nobody left to pull the switch (or shoot the shot... or whatever barbaric means they use nowadays).

Oh. I forgot. State-sanctioned murder is cool.
Yes a murderer's life is a holy thing that must be preserved by all means no matter what he does.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
Yes a murderer's life is a holy thing that must be preserved by all means no matter what he does.
What's an executioner, but a State-sanctioned (mass) murderer?
What about Saddam Hussein? Was he a murderer? Or was he dealing out justice.

And do you really think you should be calling the shots on this one?

STS

Moves
13 Nov 09

You're being way too sensitive shav take a lesson from this guy.

"Problem....SOLVED!!!" LOLOLOL

q

Moves
13 Nov 09

Originally posted by shavixmir
[b]Still don't see any justification for the State to murder him.
Are we allowed to punish a murderer? I mean by logic isn't prison state sanctioned kidnap? even a parking fine by your lack of logic is just state sanctioned theft. I certainly believe we should kill this guy.