1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 01:33
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/21/keith-olbermann-countdown-over_n_812506.html

The poor man's obituary will read:

"Here lies Keith Olbermann. Sportscaster, Anti-establishment liberal political host and anchor... But most importantly, the man who, despite a decade long chase, could not quite catch Bill O'Reilly."
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/21/keith-olbermann-countdown-over_n_812506.html

"Here lies Keith Olbermann. Sportscaster, Anti-establishment liberal political host and anchor... But most importantly, the man who, despite a decade long chase, could not quite catch Bill O'Reilly."
    Looking at his ratings it should be no surprise Keith has gone the way of the dodo. However, what is surprising is that Chris Matthews lasted longer!!

Then again, Chris says such stupid things perhaps he adds more entertainment value.

As far as a replacement, how about Jon Stewart? Isn't that where most left wingers like to tune in to get their news?
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 02:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Looking at his ratings it should be no surprise Keith has gone the way of the dodo. However, what is surprising is that Chris Matthews lasted longer!!

Then again, Chris says such stupid things perhaps he adds more entertainment value.

As far as a replacement, how about Jon Stewart? Isn't that where most left wingers like to tune in to get their news?
    You're killing me man!! BUT yes they do seem to..:-)
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 03:21
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    You're killing me man!! BUT yes they do seem to..:-)
    Nice to see ya back!! 😏
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 05:57
    1) John Stewart > Glenn Beck (for news purposes, at least - sometimes I might give Beck higher ratings for entertainment value)

2) I will actually say, though, I'm not surprised about Olbermann's circumstances, as he was indeed pretty far out there, even for some democrats.
  6. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 07:44

Isn't it amazing that you get more accurate, factual news from a half hour comedy show than you do from 24 hours of Fox News. It's a crazy world we live in!
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 10:25

I knew you'd jump on this one. It's just a TV show sh76... Maybe he just wants to play golf. Poor? I don't think so.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 10:46

It's pretty much an impossible task considering the demographics of Democrats and Republicans respectively.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 12:47
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's pretty much an impossible task considering the demographics of Democrats and Republicans respectively.
    No, it's impossible because Olbermann is a humorless arrogant twit. Put Jon Stewart in that slot and see what happens to his ratings.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 12:551 edit
    No, it's impossible because Olbermann is a humorless arrogant twit. Put Jon Stewart in that slot and see what happens to his ratings.
    Well, Jon Stewart loathes MSNBC so we won't see that happen any time soon. But even if they find someone like Jon Stewart to fill his role they won't get the same ratings (as O'Reilly) because there are less hyperpartisan Democrats than there are hyperpartisan Republicans. This forum is a nice illustration of that. On one side we have bill718, on the other side whodey, utherpendragon, zeeblebot, etc.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 14:17
    Olbermann is just another partisan hack.
    When I heard him say that he adores the Clintons I nearly vomited.

Bush family or Clinton family makes no difference. They are all corrupt traitors.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 17:00
    And O'Reilly is...
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 17:04
    Originally posted by Palynka
    And O'Reilly is...
    Better than Olbermann
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 17:08
    Better than Olbermann
    What are his redeemable qualities?
  15. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 17:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree