1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:47
    He speaks of 'workers' ( I detest that Marxist sobriquet) that are laid off, saying that they can "find new jobs building solar panels". Are all you fellers throwing in with this?? Do you know that he has a yacht AND a jet plane, spewing carbon and the other stuff which you hate? He and Pelosi gas up at the same airport. How do you folks make a positive opinion on a subject, and then in the next post, or the Same post for that matter, repudiate and contradict what you just professed? Do you LIKE what he is suggesting , sending the 'workers' to the solar panel factories, or do you detest it? Lucky for you, this can be a one word answer. Easy peasy.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:55
    @averagejoe1 said
    He speaks of 'workers' ( I detest that Marxist sobriquet) that are laid off, saying that they can "find new jobs building solar panels". Are all you fellers throwing in with this?? Do you know that he has a yacht AND a jet plane, spewing carbon and the other stuff which you hate? He and Pelosi gas up at the same airport. How do you folks make a positive opinion on ...[text shortened]... r panel factories, or do you detest it? Lucky for you, this can be a one word answer. Easy peasy.
    Why are you against unemployed workers getting jobs?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 15:573 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    He speaks of 'workers' ( I detest that Marxist sobriquet) that are laid off, saying that they can "find new jobs building solar panels". Are all you fellers throwing in with this?? Do you know that he has a yacht AND a jet plane, spewing carbon and the other stuff which you hate? He and Pelosi gas up at the same airport. How do you folks make a positive opinion on ...[text shortened]... r panel factories, or do you detest it? Lucky for you, this can be a one word answer. Easy peasy.
    Your rambling incoherently again Joe, take a deep breath and think about what your trying to say.
    If someone finds a cure for lung cancer but we find out he smokes are we less happy about the cure?
    It is as good as irrelevant how big a carbon footprint an individual has if that individual is trying to reduce the carbon footprint of 300 million people and turn, arguably, the worlds largest economies to the job of developing green energy technologies that will be exportable to the rest of the world.
    Oh yeah and well paid highly skilled employment will be a by product of this strategy. That’s just an inescapable fact.
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 16:00
    @averagejoe1 said
    comme ci comme ca

He could be promoting jobs in the dying fossil fuel industry or the nascent solar panel industry. They're politicians with ties to special interests. Jobs jobs jobs.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 16:171 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Dear Mr. Corn Pone,

Solar jobs are growing 17 times as fast as the U.S. economy. Suggesting that laid off oil and coal workers at least consider applying for jobs in the solar and wind power field is not Marxist. Some of you "fellers" might consider solar and wind power are now cheaper than oil and coal, and that yachts and airplanes will soon also be electric powered. I know you'd rather blame Kerry for Republican foot dragging and kissing up to oil companies on this issue, but your post is nothing more than a mixture of lies, cherry picking of facts, and homespun country hick lingo. Yawn- 😴

P.S. Please checkout the links below, the solar power field needs lot's of workers now. (If that's not too complicated for you)

https://www.a-rsolar.com/about/solar-jobs-training/

https://earth911.com/eco-watch/energy/careers-in-solar-energy/

https://www.indeed.com/q-Solar-Energy-l-Colorado-jobs.html
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 16:205 edits
    @kevcvs57 said
    Your rambling incoherently again Joe, take a deep breath and think about what your trying to say.
    If someone finds a cure for lung cancer but we find out he smokes are we less happy about the cure?
    It is as good as irrelevant how big a carbon footprint an individual has if that individual is trying to reduce the carbon footprint of 300 million people and turn, arguably, th ...[text shortened]... id highly skilled employment will be a by product of this strategy. That’s just an inescapable fact.
    It is as good as irrelevant how big a carbon footprint an individual has if that individual is trying to reduce the carbon footprint of 300 million people and turn, arguably, the worlds largest economies to the job of developing green energy technologies that will be exportable to the rest of the world. - @kevcvs57

On what principled philosophy is this irrelevant? You're saying its ok for certain classes of people to completely disregard the garbage they foist on to us "lesser's" while they themselves live in the lap in the lap of luxury! You are liberal? You are supposed to be against classism. Turns out your probably not "liberal" ... just plain old stupid.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 16:32
    @joe-shmo said
    It is as good as irrelevant how big a carbon footprint an individual has if that individual is trying to reduce the carbon footprint of 300 million people and turn, arguably, the worlds largest economies to the job of developing green energy technologies that will be exportable to the rest of the world. - @kevcvs57

On what principled philosophy is this irr ...[text shortened]... the garbage they foist on to us "lesser's" You are liberal? You are supposed to be against classism?
    And your not so your supposed to be all for the pursuit of happiness through the accumulation of possessions.
    Anyone who thinks they need their own private airplane is a dick as far as I’m concerned. In fact I would say that private ownership of a jet plane should be illegal. But I refuse to conflate that shortcoming with the policy that the dick has been charged with implementing.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 17:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 18:30
    @averagejoe1 said
    He speaks of 'workers' ( I detest that Marxist sobriquet)
    Of course you do. As a Randian, you prefer the term "cattle", don't you?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 18:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 20:371 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    It is as good as irrelevant how big a carbon footprint an individual has if that individual is trying to reduce the carbon footprint of 300 million people and turn, arguably, th ...[text shortened]... id highly skilled employment will be a by product of this strategy. That’s just an inescapable fact.
    Sorry I pointed out the hypocrisy of John Kerry, ,and of Pelosi. I thought you fellers just hate hypocrisy,,,,,,but, only when it is convenient. Hard to go up against liberal logic, it really is.
    Anyway,, do you enjoy Kerry firing, and then demeaning, these plebeian workers, to relegate them to some job getting lined up by the government?? There was a country back in the early 40's that shuttled people around. Creepy. No matter that the workers, experts in the oil fields, have to leave all that smarts behind and learn to build solar panels. Surely their wages will not have to start at the bottom again. Oh, the govt will tell the Solar companies what to pay them!!! Haaa Haaaa You fellers are good for a laugh, I'll give you that.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 20:43
    @joe-shmo said

On what principled philosophy is this irr ...[text shortened]... e supposed to be against classism. Turns out your probably not "liberal" ... just plain old stupid.
    This paragraph will be lost, alas, on liberals. They just don't get it.

Funny, above they say that we should not fault the guy who cures long cancer for his misgivings. You See, they want AvJoe to 'get' that. But, How MANY times did I analogize (referring to Trump) a Doctor who smokes, stinks, hates kids, but is the best guy at curing everyone in town.
    They did not respect my analogy, and then use the SAME SAME SAME logic for the analogy above. Why, I could just slap somebody.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 20:461 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    And your not so your supposed to be all for the pursuit of happiness through the accumulation of possessions.
    Anyone who thinks they need their own private airplane is a dick as far as I’m concerned. In fact I would say that private ownership of a jet plane should be illegal. But I refuse to conflate that shortcoming with the policy that the dick has been charged with implementing.
    Kev......................................... Did you not conflate the shortcomings of Trump with his accomplishments, and the policies that he was credited with implementing.???

Kev?? Stay with us here, this is where it gets tricky. Even my granny is looking over my shoulder on this one.
  14. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 20:491 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Of course you do. As a Randian, you prefer the term "cattle", don't you?
    My description is longer, actually. Free men in a free society. That's it. With that, a man can do anything. He can choose to be a worker, or choose to be something else. Choice. Y'all gonna end up getting that word removed from Webster's.

As to Duchess' camp-moniker above, I think that was a bit of a different use of the word work, don't you think. a bit difficult there to get ahead, be prosperous, ....knowwhatimean?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '21 21:501 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    So if it so easy, why have YOU not applied to be a solar panel layer?
    So the bottom line for you is NOBODY better screw around with big oil no matter WHAT effect fossil fuels have on the environment.
    Oh wait, I forgot, you think all this climate change is just BS because Trump told you so and he is INFALLIBIBLE, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree