1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 16:03
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Fer chrissake who cares?
    Those who care about truth.

You promote Milton Carroll from relatively low-compensated director, to CEO of Halliburton (compensation ~20MM). Sort of an embellishment to make the association more questionable, wouldn't you say?
  2. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 17:01
    Originally posted by sh76
    Oh, boo hoo.

Halliburton is the Devil, except that they employ 80,000 people. Good luck replacing their contribution to the economy.

Obviously, corruption and graft, wherever it is, should be fought and punished. But this reckless guilt-by-association-to-the-big-evil-corporate-bad-guy that appears to be engaged in with equal vigor by the far left wackos and the far right wackos is nothing if not amusing.
    I agree with and applaud this post for its open-minded and fair opinion. Just one question: Surely you made similar posts in regards to "guilt by association" when Dick Cheney was on a spit and being roasted for his previous association with Halliburton?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 17:23
    Originally posted by Quarl
    I agree with and applaud this post for its open-minded and fair opinion. Just one question: Surely you made similar posts in regards to "guilt by association" when Dick Cheney was on a spit and being roasted for his previous association with Halliburton?
    I believe that was implied in the opening post with the comment about being a Republican evil.

But yes, Cheney and Obama are brothers by another mother.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 19:49
    Originally posted by JS357
    Those who care about truth.

You promote Milton Carroll from relatively low-compensated director, to CEO of Halliburton (compensation ~20MM). Sort of an embellishment to make the association more questionable, wouldn't you say?
    Since I'm on Obama's side I don't see what you're getting at. I assumed "director" either meant CEO, or at least a representative of same. All that matters is a representative of Halliburton is teeing off with Obama, and the implicit charge being leveled at the "liberal media" (and by extension liberals in general) in the OP is that the lack of any outcry indicates an underlying hypocrisy. Well, maybe so, but the fact is a game of golf with a Halliburton whore doesn't mean Obama is in Halliburton's pocket. I really couldn't care less about the particular disposition of Halliburton's org chart, sorry. I hope you didn't have a PowerPoint presentation lined up as a sequel.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 21:22
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Since I'm on Obama's side I don't see what you're getting at. I assumed "director" either meant CEO, or at least a representative of same. All that matters is a representative of Halliburton is teeing off with Obama, and the implicit charge being leveled at the "liberal media" (and by extension liberals in general) in the OP is that the lack of any outcr ...[text shortened]... rton's org chart, sorry. I hope you didn't have a PowerPoint presentation lined up as a sequel.
    I'll cancel the presentation.

But Obama did not play golf with the Halliburton CEO.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree