1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:21
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I like Tom Clancy. He's on the right isn't he?

Michael Moore, while he has much of value to say, is irritating to me somehow. I like Al Franken, Bill Maher, Colbert.
    Dont forget Hillary Clinton (lied about being under fire),
    Nancy Pelosi (you got to pass the bill before you find out whats in it),
    Barney frank (homosexual pimp)
    and Al gore. That fake polar bear floating on the fake ice in his film "An Inconvenient Truth" got me all choked up. Very persuasive individuals they are.🙄
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:231 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I kinda like Al and Colbert, and Stewart, but not Maher. Maher to me has an ego the size of Michael Moore and is not really all that funny.

If it were not for Colbert and Stewart, I probably would not watch any of them.
    OOOh,oooh, what about Bill Maher? He's so brilliant!!!
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:23
    I am quite unimpressed with Gore and Pelosi, though I suspect there's more to Pelosi than meets the eye. There has to be a reason she's so influential, and I don't mean that in a negative way.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:24
    I kinda like Al and Colbert, and Stewart, but not Maher. Maher to me has an ego the size of Michael Moore and is not really all that funny.

If it were not for Colbert and Stewart, I probably would not watch any of them.
    Ah yes Jon Stewart too.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:33
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    OOOh,oooh, what about Bill Maher? He's so brilliant!!!
    Of course Maher is brilliant... and if you don't believe that, just ask him.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:35
    That is because Oreilly is fair and balanced. 😛

As far as Michael Moore, I find him to be a foul mouthed leftist who does not mind twisting the truth to persuade the populace that his way is the "right" way. I say if you can't persuade using the truth, then perhaps you are on the wrong side of the isle.
    Relatively speaking O'reilly is indeed fair and balanced, I'd say he is an honest man among thieves. The lonely sheep among a herd of goats.

As far as Michael Moore, I find him to be a foul mouthed leftist

Have you ever watched any of his films?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:393 edits
    I am tentatively impressed by Colin Powell. Condi Rice too.

Either of those two would be far better candidates than any I've seen in the Republican lineup so far.

Ron Paul seems more consistent and principled than most, though I don't admire him as much as I used to.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:41
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Dont forget Hillary Clinton (lied about being under fire),
    Nancy Pelosi (you got to pass the bill before you find out whats in it),
    Barney frank (homosexual pimp)
    and Al gore. That fake polar bear floating on the fake ice in his film "An Inconvenient Truth" got me all choked up. Very persuasive individuals they are.🙄
    Im in awe of Nancy Pelosi. From what I have seen her legislative record, and the positions she espouses, render her one of the most distinguished members of Congress, a true advocate of progress.

Im not too familiar with the other political figures you mentioned, but it seems outlandish to say Barney Frank is a homosexual pimp, no?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:41
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]Relatively speaking O'reilly is indeed fair and balanced, I'd say he is an honest man among thieves. The lonely sheep among a herd of goats.
    But....but....but... he is on Fox news.

How then can we believe anything he has to say!! 😠
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:42
    [As far as Michael Moore, I find him to be a foul mouthed leftist

Have you ever watched any of his films?[/b]
    Unfortunatly. He is not foul mouthed in his films, rather, just when he is not filming. In addition, he lies in his films.

Honestly, I don't think the guy is very bright.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 03:04
    Originally posted by sh76
    Heh.

Tell that to DailyKos

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/10/25/261841/-Is-Ron-Christie-the-most-embarrasing-black-GOP-spokesman-ever
    You do realize anyone can make a Dailykos account and post diaries, right? ONE person wrote that and it got a grand total of 14 comments. For some reason I can't tell how many recs it got, if any.

Are you actually suggesting that Diary represents all of Dailykos?
  12. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 12:00
    I'm inclined to agree. Friends of mine had raved about Maher and when I finally got to see him, I was struck by the fact that he wasn't all that funny. I remember him commenting that Christian fundamentalists needed to be dragged kicking and screaming into the next century - which in their case, is the nineteenth. He obviously hadn't thought the joke through. It would have been a lot more historically apposite, and therefore funnier, had he said the eighteenth.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 14:221 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    You do realize anyone can make a Dailykos account and post diaries, right? ONE person wrote that and it got a grand total of 14 comments. For some reason I can't tell how many recs it got, if any.

Are you actually suggesting that Diary represents all of Dailykos?
    Oh, can anyone post there? Honestly, I don't pay enough attention to DK to know what parts of the site operate in what manner. That just came up on a Google search...
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 16:37
    Im in awe of Nancy Pelosi. From what I have seen her legislative record, and the positions she espouses, render her one of the most distinguished members of Congress, a true advocate of progress.

Im not too familiar with the other political figures you mentioned, but it seems outlandish to say Barney Frank is a homosexual pimp, no?
    It would be outlandish except for the fact that Barney Frank is pretty damn close to being a homosexual pimp.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,958598,00.html
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 19:21
    Oh I love Steve Harvey! He's pretty conservative in many ways.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree