1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 23:14
    Since this thread caught my eye:

On the right: Rudy Giuliani, Buckley (sometimes an insufferable sack, but his mannerism were just too good), some of the senior Kristol (his son is just too much of an idiot), nowadays Hitchens is surely on the right and only gets louder and idioter but he does pack some mean punches every once in a while, an indian guy whose name I can't remember and I'm too lazy to google it up... I'm sure that there are some more names, but I just can't remember them now.

Going a little bit astray I can say that lefties as Dawkins and A. C. Grayling really are a sorrow for my rose tinted, quasi-atheist eyes.

John Gray isn't really on the right but, even though he can be quite loose on historical details, he certainly is entertaining.

Ps: All of you that voted on guys that are on the cable left should really be ashamed of yourselves.
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 01:02
    Originally posted by sh76
    You mean Tom Friedman?
    Yeah, I know its a reach to call him a liberal
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 01:08
    Oh, can anyone post there? Honestly, I don't pay enough attention to DK to know what parts of the site operate in what manner. That just came up on a Google search...
    What you posted was essentially a forum thread. On DK they call them "diaries" for some reason.
  4. Pepperland
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 01:30
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Since this thread caught my eye:

On the right: Rudy Giuliani, Buckley (sometimes an insufferable sack, but his mannerism were just too good), some of the senior Kristol (his son is just too much of an idiot), nowadays Hitchens is surely on the right and only gets louder and idioter but he does pack some mean punches every once in a while, an ...[text shortened]... f you that voted on guys that are on the cable left should really be ashamed of yourselves.
    an indian guy whose name I can't remember
    Dinish D'Souza?
  5. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:07
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]an indian guy whose name I can't remember
    Dinish D'Souza?[/b]
    Nope. That guy's just a pompous doofus.

I remember reading some stuff this guy wrote about Arundhati Roy and it caught my fancy even though I disagreed with him.

I could google it up, but I think I won't.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:19
    Nope. That guy's just a pompous doofus.

I remember reading some stuff this guy wrote about Arundhati Roy and it caught my fancy even though I disagreed with him.

I could google it up, but I think I won't.
    Adam!!!

Where ya been, buddy?

In Greece, looking to get on that new flotilla, perhaps? 😉
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:38
    Adam!!!

Where ya been, buddy?

In Greece, looking to get on that new flotilla, perhaps? 😉
    I also missed you, but the thing is that I changed my laptop (thus lost my password and also lost that nifty script that blocked some pesky posters), got some actual work done and a life to boot.
    Then a user reminded me of this and I came back. Getting my old password back was a lot easier than I thought and now every once in a while i take a look at the fora to see what's going on.

By the way have you checked my list of conservatives? 😛 😉
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:45
    I also missed you, but the thing is that I changed my laptop (thus lost my password and also lost that nifty script that blocked some pesky posters), got some actual work done and a life to boot.
    Then a user reminded me of this and I came back. Getting my old password back was a lot easier than I thought and now every once in a while i take a look at the fora to see what's going on.

By the way have you checked my list of conservatives? 😛 😉
    I did. Not a bad list... though I hardly think it's fair to put Hitchens and Dawkins on opposite sides of the spectrum...

Dawkins is one of those guys that is just so arrogant that I'd like him to lose a debate even when I agree with him. When he gets that smug little smile as he's blithely dismissing those who disagree with him I just want to smack him.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:47
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Yeah, I know its a reach to call him a liberal
    Well, I'd call Tom Friedman a liberal, though he seemingly does more writing on foreign policy issues than on traditional left-right issues.

Also, I didn't realize he was that popular. Other than reading him on the op-ed page in the Times every once in a while, I hardly hear from him.
  10. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:52
    I did. Not a bad list... though I hardly think it's fair to put Hitchens and Dawkins on opposite sides of the spectrum...
    To tell you the truth I had to force myself to label Dawkins as a lefty, but since that is the standard denomination.

But apart from the rampant atheism of Hitchens, which one usually links to leftist politics, he really doesn't hold any leftist view nowadays (a bit of a stretch I know, but c'mon I know you get my drift).

Of all of those that a listed, Giuliani gets the more respect from me. Up until recently that is...
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 15:041 edit
    To tell you the truth I had to force myself to label Dawkins as a lefty, but since that is the standard denomination.

But apart from the rampant atheism of Hitchens, which one usually links to leftist politics, he really doesn't hold any leftist view nowadays (a bit of a stretch I know, but c'mon I know you get my drift).

Of all of those that a listed, Giuliani gets the more respect from me. Up until recently that is...
    Giuliani? You mean the Mayor of 9/11 who was - 9/11 - running for President of 9/11?

I'm kidding around of course. I like Giuliani too, but not everything about him. He was too dogmatic in pursuit of laudable goals. He helped reduce crime in New York by leaps and bounds but his silly crusades against the cabbies and street vendors and the like were spiteful and vindictive. Although a social moderate, on criminal justice issues, he was authoritative to a fault. I also think he was wrong to go after Milken the way he did when he was US Attorney.

But... he did a good job as mayor and, in the end, that's all that really counts.
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 17:09
    Giuliani? You mean the Mayor of 9/11 who was - 9/11 - running for President of 9/11?

I'm kidding around of course. I like Giuliani too, but not everything about him. He was too dogmatic in pursuit of laudable goals. He helped reduce crime in New York by leaps and bounds but his silly crusades against the cabbies and street vendors and the like were spiteful ...[text shortened]... Attorney.

But... he did a good job as mayor and, in the end, that's all that really counts.
    And he also said some stuff recently that made me dislike him a little bit but I don't wanna go there...

And of course my all time favorite conservative, and I'm really ashamed that I forgot about him in the first place: Brzezinski.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree