1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:22
    @phranny said
    Cheney has INTEGRITY. There are VERY few current Republicans in office who have this essential quality.
    Does Manchin have INTEGRITY? He stood up to his own party too. There are VERY few current democrats in office who have this essential quality.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:26
    @metal-brain said
    Does Manchin have INTEGRITY? He stood up to his own party too. There are VERY few current democrats in office who have this essential quality.
    Opposing a bill to appease corporate donors vs. standing up against a violent insurrection.

Keep reaching.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:27
    @vivify said
    That's irrelevant. Inciting hundreds of people to storm a Capitol building is serious crime in of itself that should result in prison time for anyone who plotted it.

The fact that the goal was to stop the transfer of power to an elected president just makes the riot even more serious, regardless of how likely it was to succeed.

Honestly, your reasoning is brain dead.
    No, it is not irrelevant. Why the huge reaction to absolutely no threat?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:34
    @vivify said
    Opposing a bill to appease corporate donors vs. standing up against a violent insurrection.

Keep reaching.
    Both are traitors to their own parties or both have integrity. Take your pick.

It wasn't an insurrection. The Capitol police let the protestors in. That is like letting your neighbors inside and calling it home invasion.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:38
    @eladar said
    No, it is not irrelevant. Why the huge reaction to absolutely no threat?
    Don't be stupid.

If someone plotted to overthrow Trump by bringing a violent mob to the White House, would you downplay it because it had little chance of succeeding?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:39
    @vivify said
    Don't be stupid.

If someone plotted to overthrow Trump by bringing a violent mob to the White House, would you downplay it because it had little chance of succeeding?
    You mean exactly the same way this thing played out?

Yes, no different.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:43
    @metal-brain said
    Both are traitors to their own parties or both have integrity. Take your pick.
    Merely going against your own party doesn't mean you lack integrity; it's all a matter of why.

You equating a corporate slave to someone opposing a violent insurrection shows you clearly have no integrity of your own.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:441 edit
    @Eladar
    NO THREAT? PEOPLE DIED THAT DAY, you POS who should NEVER be allowed to teach children. What do you think would have happened if they had SUCCEEDED? When someone breaks the law it doesn't matter they didn't succeed, they DID THE CRIME and a crime it was, ESPECIALLY by those on top like Jim Jordan, who advised Trump to try to overthrow our government and your GOD DAM KING TRUMP ran with it.

Yep, REAL leadership.
    My 6 yo granddaughter Dejah could do a better job of running the US than Trump EVER did or WILL do.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:451 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    NO THREAT? PEOPLE DIED THAT DAY, you POS who should NEVER be allowed to teach children. What do you think would have happened if they had SUCCEEDED? When someone breaks the law it doesn't matter they didn't succeed, they DID THE CRIME and a crime it was, ESPECIALLY by those on top like Jim Jordan, who advised Trump to try to overthrow our government and your GOD DAM ...[text shortened]... My 6 you granddaughter Dejah could do a better job of running the US than Trump EVER did or WILL do.
    Yes people died that day, including a female protester.

Tell me, what political power did the protesters get?

Yes I know, you believe people like me should be put up against a wall and shot down.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:45
    @vivify said
    Merely going against your own party doesn't mean you lack integrity; it's all a matter of why.

You equating a corporate slave to someone opposing a violent insurrection shows you clearly have no integrity of your own.
    It wasn't an insurrection. The Capitol police let the protestors in. That is like letting your neighbors inside and calling it home invasion.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:481 edit
    @eladar said
    You mean exactly the same way this thing played out?

Yes, no different.
    You're lying. Clearly.

If liberals did to the White House what conservatives did to the Capitol building, you, Fox News, every right-wing poster on this site and every single conservative politician would ceaselessly scream about how evil liberals are and demand retribution.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:48
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    NO THREAT? PEOPLE DIED THAT DAY, you POS who should NEVER be allowed to teach children. What do you think would have happened if they had SUCCEEDED? When someone breaks the law it doesn't matter they didn't succeed, they DID THE CRIME and a crime it was, ESPECIALLY by those on top like Jim Jordan, who advised Trump to try to overthrow our government and your GOD DAM ...[text shortened]... My 6 you granddaughter Dejah could do a better job of running the US than Trump EVER did or WILL do.
    People died because the Capitol police let the protestors in.
    The Capitol police broke the law and it doesn't matter they didn't succeed. The Capitol police should be charged with a crime.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:51
    @vivify said
    You're lying. Clearly.

If liberals did to the White House what conservatives did to the Capitol building, you, Fox News, every right-wing poster on this site and every single conservative politician would ceaselessly scream about how evil liberals are and demand retribution.
    I answer your question, you call me a liar.

Ok
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 00:53
    @Metal-Brain
    ANOTHER POS PUKES up BS. THOUSANDS OF RIOTERS, what, 100 cops? You will do ANYTHING, say ANYTHING to weaponize everything you touch.

But you are WAY out on a fringe limb and will never figure out how to get back to being a real human again.

All you want is to destroy what has been built up with hundreds of years of science, you HATE science, you HATE the US and will do ANYTHING in what little power you have to destroy ALL of it.

You don't WANT elections decided by VOTES, you want elections decided by the WINNERS so any competition is squashed before it can become a real political threat to repubs.

THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE IN STORE IF WE LOSE OUR DEMOCRACY.
    But that is EXACTLY what you want COMRADE.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Jan '22 01:08
    @eladar said
    I answer your question, you call me a liar.

Ok
    Yes.

You constantly attack BLM protestors in the same way you claim you wouldn't criticize liberals if they staged a violent riot on a capitol building. So clearly, you're lying.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree