1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 19:10
    Originally posted by sh76
    I like Lou Dobbs for his folksy style. But there's not a whole lot of meat to go along with the potatoes.

I noticed that during the immigration debate last year. He was front and center in that anti-immigration crowd. But mostly, he just repeated the same cliches over and over and over again.
    Lou Dobbs spent day after day in a rage over all those illegal immigrants, and the evils of the various "amnesty" plans being discussed. But when someone claimed that Dobbs wanted to "send them all back", he claimed that he never said that.

So at the end of the day, Lou Dobbs was REALLY angry about all the immigrants but didn't have any idea of what should be done about it besides ranting and raving like a lunatic. And he never even tried to find an idea.

In sum, it was all just one big 32 oz heath bar shake.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 19:14
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Lou Dobbs spent day after day in a rage over all those illegal immigrants, and the evils of the various "amnesty" plans being discussed. But when someone claimed that Dobbs wanted to "send them all back", he claimed that he never said that.

So at the end of the day, Lou Dobbs was REALLY angry about all the immigrants but didn't have any idea of what s ...[text shortened]... ever even tried to find an idea.

In sum, it was all just one big 32 oz heath bar shake.
    I just can't understand why someone would get so bent out of shape over illegal immigrants. Its not like they are breaking the law or something as the powers that be sit idely by.
  3. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 19:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just can't understand why someone would get so bent out of shape over illegal immigrants. Its not like they are breaking the law or something as the powers that be sit idely by.
    Here's the problem.

You've got at least 12million illegal immigrants in this country, and many have been here for many years.

Option A - offer some sort of amnesty program
    Option B - forcibly send them all back
    Option C - status quo

Option A tastes really bad -- Option B would be an "ethnic cleansing" mess. And no one really wants to just continue with Option C.

Any ideas?
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 20:22
    They are breaking the law, they are even setting up a fence to keep people from crossing over, They get benefits, get to send their kids to school, which the tax-payer's are paying for, which means we are paying for illegal immigrants to go to school!!!
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 21:26
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    is anyone hiding anything?
    they're hiding the long form birth certificate.
  6. silicon valley
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 21:27
    Here's the problem.

You've got at least 12million illegal immigrants in this country, and many have been here for many years.

Option C - status quo

Option A tastes really bad -- Option B would be an "ethnic cleansing" mess. And no one really wants to just continue with Option C.

Any ideas?
    we should quit hogging them and send them all over to europe. it's worked so well with guantanamo.
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 21:44
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    we should quit hogging them and send them all over to europe. it's worked so well with guantanamo.
    an interesting variation on Option B -- but its still Option B
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 21:491 edit
    Here's the problem.

Option C - status quo

Any ideas?
    What happened to option D? You know, secure the border? There is even option E. Make all immigration legal so its not an issue any more. I suppose it all has to do with ones agenda as to which one is the most palitable.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 22:021 edit
    Do you wish to ban all foreigners from entering the country -- tourists, students, temporary workers etc? Otherwise, anyone who could get a visa and enter legally, could simply decide not to leave.

And do you really trust that Big Gummint is going to be able to build some sort of a contraption that will actually keep everyone out? Most likely you'll get some scheme costing $100Bill per year, the taxes will come out of your pocket, and the thing will crumble when the first hurricane hits it. Be careful what you wish for.

Then there's Option E - which is kind of what we're doing now except that we don't document the "illegals"
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Aug '09 22:36
    Do you wish to ban all foreigners from entering the country -- tourists, students, temporary workers etc? Otherwise, anyone who could get a visa and enter legally, could simply decide not to leave.

And do you really trust that Big Gummint is going to be able to build some sort of a contraption that will actually keep everyone out? Most likely you'll ge ...[text shortened]... on E - which is kind of what we're doing now except that we don't document the "illegals"
    That's the problem, but even if we tried, they probably wouldn't cooperate.
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 00:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Is there something in US drinking water that causes paranoia?
    I'm glad I'm not afraid to be paranoid!
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 02:33

And do you really trust that Big Gummint is going to be able to build some sort of a contraption that will actually keep everyone out? Most likely you'll ge ...[text shortened]... on E - which is kind of what we're doing now except that we don't document the "illegals"
    So you believe that any and all immigration should be allowed?
  13. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 04:10
    I just got a kick out of this story.

http://abcnew.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=8236518

Apparently, Lou Dobbs did the unthinkable on his show. He gave air to questions about Obama. That's right, he allowed people to voice their disbelief in the Messiah. He dedicated a segment to right wingers who questioned whether or not Obama had actually been ...[text shortened]... he has not been imprisoned yet for such controversial and inflammatory opinions is beyond me.
    How about Obama releases evidence confirming his birth in the US, in return for a proper investigation into the Bush administration's use of torture and into whether Cheney or anyone had advance knowledge of 9/11?
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 12:572 edits
    So you believe that any and all immigration should be allowed?
    Unless the statists can figure out an effective way to forcibly send them all back and to effectively build something that will prevent them from coming back in -- the only policy that we're left with is to allow any and all immigration.

As it stands right now (besides the occasional Sheriff Arpaio roundup) our de facto policy already IS to allow any and all immigration, perhaps the best approach is just to admit it and move on.
  15. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Aug '09 16:48
    He is spreading rumors? I thought that Lou Dobbs was on record saying that the rumors were bunk? Is covering popular rumors but not supporting these rumors tantamount to spreading rumors? Should not popular rumors be investigated and put to rest instead of perpetuated by not addressing them?
    He is spreading rumors?

well yes. If I say "I believe whodey isn't a serial killer...but I've heard stories..." then Im spreading rumors.

Should not popular rumors be investigated and put to rest instead of perpetuated by not addressing them?

wasn't it investigated in the past? wasn't this a long dead conspiracy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree