1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 16:01
    The Donald announcing his Presidential run in 2015:

""I don't need anybody's money," he said as he announced his candidacy in June. "I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich."

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/31/427857932/are-donald-trumps-pockets-deep-enough-to-fund-his-campaign

The Donald, February 2016:

"I am self funding my campaign & don't owe anybody anything! I only owe it to the American people! "

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/702539414224936960

Trump: "That's the way it is. Somebody gives them money. Not anything wrong, just psychologically, when they go to that person, they're going to do that," he said. "They owe them, and by the way, they may therefore vote negatively towards the country. That's not gonna happen with me."

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/17/politics/donald-trump-public-financing/

Trump, now:

"On Saturday evening, President Donald Trump is expected to head a few miles up the road from Mar-a-Lago for a fundraiser at the 45,166 square-foot, oceanfront home of billionaire investor Nelson Peltz.

It is believed to be the most expensive fundraiser ever for Trump, with invitations going to donors who gave $580,600 per couple to support the president’s reelection, according to the Washington Post, which first reported the event."

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200214/trump-in-palm-beach-for-2020-fundraising-mar-a-lago-is-money-machine

Any of the Trump adorers here going?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 16:171 edit
    Apparently that $580,600 gets you an hour and a half in the same house as the Donald:

" The president will leave Mar-a-Lago at 6:40 p.m. en route to a private residence. He will attend a finance dinner at 7 p.m. At 8:35 p.m., the president will leave and return to Mar-a-Lago."

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2020/02/15/bidens-south-carolina-firewall-in-trouble-488338

And what else?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 16:31
    That swamp doesn't drain itself, you know. You need to be raking in the millions in bribes and appointing cronies, extremists and lobbyists to government positions. Only then can you start dealing with government corruption.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Feb '20 18:27
    I hear the position of U.S. ambassador to the EU is open. Anyone care to bid?
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 00:52
    @no1marauder said

""I don't need anybody's money," he said as he announced his candidacy in June. "I'm using my own money. I'm not using the lobbyists. I'm not using donors. I don't care. I'm really rich."

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/31/427857932/are-donald-trumps-pockets-deep-enough-to-fund-his-campaign

The Donald, Februa ...[text shortened]... -palm-beach-for-2020-fundraising-mar-a-lago-is-money-machine

that was 2016 election...he kept his word. this is 2020 election...got to counter your billionaire ringer.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 00:57
    @no1marauder

The best Trump steaks!
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 01:27
    @athousandyoung said
    @no1marauder

The best Trump steaks!
    Are they made from Trump rump?

Eeeww!
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 01:28
    @moonbus said
    I hear the position of U.S. ambassador to the EU is open. Anyone care to bid?
    Only to get fired for actually working against corruption? No thanks.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 04:271 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    that was 2016 election...he kept his word. this is 2020 election...got to counter your billionaire ringer.
    Actually, he didn't "keep his word" in 2016: https://time.com/4373124/donald-trump-donors-super-pacs/

By the logic he used in the quotes given, he's now "owes" his big donors.
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 05:48
    Is it only me or does Mar-a-Lago a stupid bloody name?

It means Sea on Lake or something. Sea at lake? I dunno... I don’t speak German.

However, it’s a bloody golf course, not a lake. And it’s not near a lake, it’s near a lagoon.
    Fair enough, the lagoon is called Lake Worth Lagoon, but that’s just stupidity.

So, it should be called Laguna-a-Mar (the smaller body named before the larger body). Or Worth a Mar. Or maybe Valor-a-Mar.

I’m in a mood...
  11. Germany
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 08:40
    @shavixmir said
    Is it only me or does Mar-a-Lago a stupid bloody name?

It means Sea on Lake or something. Sea at lake? I dunno... I don’t speak German.

However, it’s a bloody golf course, not a lake. And it’s not near a lake, it’s near a lagoon.
    Fair enough, the lagoon is called Lake Worth Lagoon, but that’s just stupidity.

So, it should be called Laguna-a-Mar (the smaller body named before the larger body). Or Worth a Mar. Or maybe Valor-a-Mar.

I’m in a mood...
    I suggest "Bribe Collection Center."
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 09:06
    @kazetnagorra said
    I suggest "Bribe Collection Center."
    Old folks home for the empathically challenged.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 11:171 edit
    @no1marauder said

The Donald, Februa ...[text shortened]... -palm-beach-for-2020-fundraising-mar-a-lago-is-money-machine

How about his promise to lock up Hillary? What ever happened to that?

What about his promise to have Mexico pay for the wall? What ever happened to that?

Just so long as he does not lie about one of the most important things to Americans, like their health care, which effects not only the bottom line of the average American but their very life, I say just win baby!

After all, these same liars about Obamacare, like marauder, want to change it again.

LOL.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 14:34
    @whodey said
    How about his promise to lock up Hillary? What ever happened to that?

What about his promise to have Mexico pay for the wall? What ever happened to that?

Just so long as he does not lie about one of the most important things to Americans, like their health care, which effects not only the bottom line of the average American but their very life, I say just win baby!

After all, these same liars about Obamacare, like marauder, want to change it again.

LOL.
    A false "whataboutism" from whodey? Who would have thought?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '20 14:45
    @no1marauder said
    A false "whataboutism" from whodey? Who would have thought?
    another liberal "whataboutism"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree