1. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well?

Mine goes to Edward Snowden.
    I second the Edward Snowden nomination. To give up all he gave up for a worthy cause, and apparently get nothing in return, means he should be the Man or the Year. Nothing against the Pope (who won Time's Man of the Year over Snowden), but whatever the Pope has done this year didn't come with the huge personal risks and costs that Snowden has endured, and will likely continue to endure.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 20:58
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Don't you think the whole exercise is somewhat foolish?
    On this forum it is just another way to express your position on things. My position is, yes, it's foolish.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 06:22
    Well?

I'm going with Pope Francis. I'm liking this guy more and more
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 06:57
    Originally posted by bill718
    Why?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:06
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Don't you think the whole exercise is somewhat foolish?
    In terms of propaganda, it is very important to the powers that be.

For example, the Pope was awarded man of the year by Time Magazine for his left winged rhetoric of late. Such compliance is rewarded this way in order for the state to strip us of all our rights in favor of a nanny state.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 13:08
    Originally posted by bill718
    The nomination was a trade off between ardent atheistic left wingers and conservative Catholics. It helps give good press to people like yourself but also helps left wingers like yourself recruit for the nanny state.

My guess is that the Pope will not attract as many to Catholicism as those who are drawn into being statists, however.
  7. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    30 Dec '13 10:04
    The nomination was a trade off between ardent atheistic left wingers and conservative Catholics. It helps give good press to people like yourself but also helps left wingers like yourself recruit for the nanny state.

My guess is that the Pope will not attract as many to Catholicism as those who are drawn into being statists, however.
    Surely the Catholic church doesn't care what atheists think, for its own internal decisions.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '14 10:48
    I don't need to be a Constitutional expert to know that I live in a post Constitutional system. It is really not that hard to figure out.

As for quip about the Constitution being a holy text, this just goes to show that people like you know that you live in a post Constitutional system, but really could care less.

Here is an idea, why don't we just let the government do as they damn well please and stick our heads up are bum?
    "... I live in a post Constitutional system." -whodey

.... in the twilight of common sense.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 03:58
    Originally posted by karnachz
    Surely the Catholic church doesn't care what atheists think, for its own internal decisions.
    Yes they do, and don't call me Shirley. 😠

Back in the 60's it was hip to be against the establishment, but now it is hip to be stuck up their arse. The Catholic church knows this and is pandering to people like you.
  10. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 11:37
    Well?

maybe

depends if the almighty greenwald will share any of his millions that he's made, or is about to make, with snowden. im sure he has, and it makes one wonder if that was the underlying intent...

250$ million project with ebay founder, multi-million dollar book deal signed after a few months when the leak began, and all those tv interviews being the leak keyholder. you all can say what hero's these guys are, but they still got paid, bottom line.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 13:39
    I'd go with whichever scientist was most responsible for the Higgs boson confirmation.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    05 Jan '14 13:48
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'd go with whichever scientist was most responsible for the Higgs boson confirmation.
    The CERN team responsible for discovering the Higgs boson consists of literally thousands of scientists. It would be difficult to pick the most important one.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 14:15
    Well considering the short list of relative losers, a woman or a team of thousands, I'll put forward Ronnie Biggs as Man of the year.
    After all, his name is on the Great Train Robbery, a successful prison escape, doing a song with The Sex Pistols and living to be an old fart who stuck it to authority and was admired for it somehow by many.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jan '14 20:40
    Duchess64 is Man of the Year here on RHP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree