1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 12:511 edit
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

In the rabidly right winged national geographic magazine, a story was done about polar ice caps shrinking on Mars. In fact, they have been shrinking now along side the earth polar ice caps. The culprit? Thats right, Martian SUV's along side of Al Gore jet setting around the Martian planet trying to tax the Martians for their evil CO2 emissions.

Of course, the article points out that the data is not considered "mainstream" science. In fact, "mainstream" science says it has to do with Mars "wobbling". However, the Russian source of the data says that the Earth is in a cooling trend which will peak around 2040 and it all has to do with solar activity, not CO2 emissions. His predictions state that decreased solar activity is the culprit, not CO2 emiisions.

How this right winged nutcase can oppose the popular already accepted cause of global warming is an outrage!! He's beginning to sound like Whodey. However, if and when the Earth continues to cool, as it has since the mid 1990's, how nutty is this science?
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 14:50
    Originally posted by whodey

In the rabidly right winged national geographic magazine, a story was done about polar ice caps shrinking on Mars. In fact, they have been shrinking now along side the earth polar ice caps. The culprit? Thats right, Martian SUV's along side of Al Gore jet setting around the Martian ...[text shortened]... the Earth continues to cool, as it has since the mid 1990's, how nutty is this science?
    Who is that clown and how DARE he try to get in the way of a perfectly good excuse to re-distribute trillions of dollars to needy developing countries!!??😠

As an aside, and to be honest about it, the Earth hasn't exactly been cooling since the mid 90s. 1998 might still be the hottest year on record, but that was because of a massive El Nino that year. Temps in the mid 2000s (decade) are still higher, on average, than temps in the late 90s. The Arctic ice, for example, reached its minimum September level in 2007.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 14:52
    ... However, if and when the Earth continues to cool, as it has since the mid 1990's, how nutty is this science?
    You needs sum learnin'.
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 17:12
    Originally posted by sh76
    Who is that clown and how DARE he try to get in the way of a perfectly good excuse to re-distribute trillions of dollars to needy developing countries!!??😠

As an aside, and to be honest about it, the Earth hasn't exactly been cooling since the mid 90s. 1998 might still be the hottest year on record, but that was because of a massive El Nino that year. Temps ...[text shortened]... emps in the late 90s. The Arctic ice, for example, reached its minimum September level in 2007.
    The problem is that governments in the developed world actually need a good excuse to redistribute their wealth to needy, developing countries. Why don't they just do this as a matter of course? Perhaps because it would mean that they couldn't use this money to invade the needy, developing countries and kill all the people there, obviously a much better use for it.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 17:58

In the rabidly right winged national geographic magazine, a story was done about polar ice caps shrinking on Mars. In fact, they have been shrinking now along side the earth polar ice caps. The culprit? Thats right, Martian SUV's along side of Al Gore jet setting around the Martian ...[text shortened]... the Earth continues to cool, as it has since the mid 1990's, how nutty is this science?
    I thought global warming was just earth global warming.
    Perhaps we should rename it to universal warming.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 18:04
    This is definite proof Martians exist. But mainstream science doesn't believe that.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    10 Dec '09 18:22

it's a Russian KGB plot!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 04:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    it's a Russian KGB plot!
    Thats right. The Russians want us to continue to drive the temperature up until it destorys the US. Then they can all sit back and laugh about destroying the US like they have wanted to do for so long...for about 5 seconds before they all die of course, but I think that is only common sense.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 04:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I thought global warming was just earth global warming.
    Perhaps we should rename it to universal warming.
    Don't laugh. Part of the wording in the cap and trade legislation sets aside billions of dollars for NASA to look for other forms of life for the express purpose of taxing their carbon arses.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:05
    Originally posted by sh76
    As an aside, and to be honest about it, the Earth hasn't exactly been cooling since the mid 90s. 1998 might still be the hottest year on record, but that was because of a massive El Nino that year. Temps in the mid 2000s (decade) are still higher, on average, than temps in the late 90s. The Arctic ice, for example, reached its minimum September level in 2007.[/b]
    My bad. The earht has cooled after 2007 and is attributed to a decrease in solar activity. What else can the blame it on? Perhaps it is the recession that has caused a decrease in CO2 emmisions? If so, I think if we throw the entire globe into a depression we can save the planet!!

God help me, I'm thinking like a liberal now. 😲
  11. silicon valley
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:15
    i recently saw a comment that said, basically: what about all the factory activity to support WWII? where's the spike in C02 (and temperature) for that, in the historical data?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:22
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    i recently saw a comment that said, basically: what about all the factory activity to support WWII? where's the spike in C02 (and temperature) for that, in the historical data?
    Al Gore said they blew it up his arse and he held it inside till the early 70's. That is when scientists changed their minds and said we were no longer going into an ice age.
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:24

Uh?
    Didn't they just discover water on Mars? How the hell would they already know if it's getting more or less?

That's right-wing press for you. As scientific is Ayn Rand.
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 05:421 edit
    Wow, so much . . .

whatever. moving on.
  15. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 06:03
    Hey I want to add something to the conversation! Wait for it, wait for it... maybe if Mars does warm it will become habitable? and we can planet hop outward for a while? 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree