1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 16:00
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Panetta said on Monday the guy could get the death penalty.

http://news.yahoo.com/panetta-death-penalty-possible-afghan-shooting-233145339.html
    Good. Let Afghans stone him to death or behead him or something.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 16:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Isn't whodey talking about NATO?
    Oops. Post erased.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 16:06
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Oops. Post erased.
    mine's gone too!!
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Mar '12 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yes, I posted that earlier in this thread.

This guy is obviously going either to prison or a mental hospital for a long time.
    I noticed your post after I did my post. I agree the murderous freak will be put away, either in a mental hospital or prison, or to death. The investigation and trial may take a while, but a sentence will happen. Acquittal impossible in my opinion.

March 13, 2012 - 14:00 ET

CNN: A soldier accused of murdering civilians in Afghanistan is not talking to authorities and he may be facing the ultimate punishment, too, execution, if he's found guilty of the crime. That's according to our defense secretary, Leon Panetta. But earlier today the president promised a thorough investigation when he made his first public comments about the mass killings.

BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: The United States takes this as seriously as if it was our own citizens and our own children who were murdered.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/13/cnr.06.html
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '12 02:29
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I agree the murderous freak will be put away, either in a mental hospital or prison, or to death. The investigation and trial may take a while, but a sentence will happen. Acquittal impossible in my opinion.
    Well. Let's have a little think. Maybe the U.S. military could argue [and I am taking a few ideas from sh76's post on the previous page here] that some of the allegations against the unnamed staff sergeant are “unsupported” and “incredible” that "some of the dead Iraqis were insurgents" and that "accounts by Iraqi witnesses seem inconsistent" and, furthermore, some of the victims stood to gain $2,500 for their families, rendering the testimony of survivors not credible by U.S. standards. Who knows?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Mar '12 06:38
    BBC:

The lawyer representing a US soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians in their homes has said there is little proof of his client's guilt.

John Henry Browne said there was "no forensic evidence" against Staff Sgt Robert Bales and "no confession".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17454316

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree