1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 22:25
    Originally posted by @whodey
    You remind me of this left winged college professor that is annoyed at well wishers for McCain.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07/24/california-professor-annoyed-by-all-the-well-wishes-for-war-criminal-john-mccain/

Do you want to lower yourself to the left's standards? Do we want to take pictures of a bloody beheaded picture of a political rival in our hands?
    Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
  2. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 22:35
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If God kills them, how is that in opposition? If God kills them, He is allowing others to be put in power.
    He isn't dead yet. And religious people should have the humility to acknowledge that they do not know God's motives.

Romans 11: 33-34

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller?"
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 23:17
    Originally posted by @teinosuke
    He isn't dead yet. And religious people should have the humility to acknowledge that they do not know God's motives.

Romans 11: 33-34

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller?"
    He isn't dead yet? You are so observant.

As for the other stuff you wrote, it does not really fit with what I wrote.
  4. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 08:11
    As for the other stuff you wrote, it does not really fit with what I wrote.
    I think it's meant as a warning against claiming that you could know God's motives for sending this trial to McCain, or for anything else. It is therefore presumptuous to wish for his speedy death; it is indeed presumptuous for you, as a Christian, to wish for anything, except that God's will be done.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 08:23
    I think it's meant as a warning against claiming that you could know God's motives for sending this trial to McCain, or for anything else. It is therefore presumptuous to wish for his speedy death; it is indeed presumptuous for you, as a Christian, to wish for anything, except that God's will be done.
    I think you are are claiming I wrote something I didn't.
  6. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 10:30
    I think you are are claiming I wrote something I didn't.
    I think I was responding to this: "If God kills them, how is that in opposition? If God kills them, He is allowing others to be put in power."

You strongly imply that McCain's illness is a sign of God's disfavour, and from a Christian perspective this is a possible interpretation. But as Scripture makes clear, there are many reasons why God might send illness, e.g., Isaiah:

"…I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction."

Perhaps God is testing McCain.

Moreover, you explicitly wished for him to die soon. As a Christian, you should wish that when he dies, soon or late, he should die in a godly frame of mind, and you should wish for his salvation as for that of all human beings. That is true, regardless of what you think of him as a politician. Christ himself told you to love your enemies and to pray for them.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 14:07
    I think I was responding to this: "If God kills them, how is that in opposition? If God kills them, He is allowing others to be put in power."

You strongly imply that McCain's illness is a sign of God's disfavour, and from a Christian perspective this is a possible interpretation. But as Scripture makes clear, there are many reasons why God might send ...[text shortened]... think of him as a politician. Christ himself told you to love your enemies and to pray for them.
    You make a faulty assumption. I said if God takes him while you make me say God gave him brain cancer.

You must have other issues you are reading into my posts.
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 14:32
    You make a faulty assumption. I said if God takes him while you make me say God gave him brain cancer.

You must have other issues you are reading into my posts.
    Me thinks you need to take this to the religious forum
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 15:56
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Me thinks you need to take this to the religious forum
    Why are you telling this to me? Did I start this side discussion?
  10. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 16:20
    But you didn't say "if". You said "may". That's an expression of a wish. You expressed the wish that he should die.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 16:24
    But you didn't say "if". You said "may". That's an expression of a wish. You expressed the wish that he should die.
    May means I would like it to happen, not a demand.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 17:19
    May means I would like it to happen, not a demand.
    Very christian of you not to make the 'demand.'
    Paradigmatically christian of you to 'like it to happen.'

You probably think of yourself as the one Jesus will call on first, but actually you are one sick puppy.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 17:33
    Originally posted by @stevemcc
    Very christian of you not to make the 'demand.'
    Paradigmatically christian of you to 'like it to happen.'

You probably think of yourself as the one Jesus will call on first, but actually you are one sick puppy.
    I wonder what you would think if a Christian were to hope for Hitler's death and the demise of Nazi Germany.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 18:27
    I wonder what you would think if a Christian were to hope for Hitler's death and the demise of Nazi Germany.
    Do you really think Christians should be hoping for someone's death?

Isn't that, sort of, imposing hope and doubt on God's ability to decide what's best?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 18:36
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Do you really think Christians should be hoping for someone's death?

Isn't that, sort of, imposing hope and doubt on God's ability to decide what's best?
    I just love it when anti-Christians try to tell Christians how Christians should act.

As for doubt God's ability, certainly not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree