Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10107
    09 May '18 20:281 edit
    That's right everyone, soon California will require people to install solar panels.

    So the only things in life I have to do are, pay taxes, buy health insurance, buy solar panels, and die.

    The list is growing thanks to crazy town

    https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy/california-solar-panels-new/2018/05/07/id/858811/
  2. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1420
    09 May '18 20:42
    Originally posted by @whodey
    That's right everyone, soon California will require people to install solar panels.

    So the only things in life I have to do are, pay taxes, buy health insurance, buy solar panels, and die.

    The list is growing thanks to crazy town

    https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy/california-solar-panels-new/2018/05/07/id/858811/
    Wrong again Whodey! It is the developers that are required to purchase and install solar panels on newly constructed homes. This would add about 1-2% to the price of a new home, and will save the homeowners thousands of dollars in energy costs.

    Please do a minimum of research before posting your silly statements. 🙄
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138988
    09 May '18 21:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    That's right everyone, soon California will require people to install solar panels.

    So the only things in life I have to do are, pay taxes, buy health insurance, buy solar panels, and die.

    The list is growing thanks to crazy town

    https://www.newsmax.com/finance/economy/california-solar-panels-new/2018/05/07/id/858811/
    What do you do now ?
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82662
    10 May '18 00:57
    Originally posted by @mchill
    ...Please do a minimum of research before posting your silly statements. 🙄
    What is research exactly? Does it involve leaving the warm caccoon of Fox and Fiends and talk radio?
  5. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82662
    10 May '18 01:07
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    What do you do now ?
    Like every other knucklehead on the *wrong, Whodey will do everything in his power to defeat any opportunity for Government to demonstrate its unparalleled capacity to enact positive social change.



    * Right.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65584
    10 May '18 02:58
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Like every other knucklehead on the *wrong, Whodey will do everything in his power to defeat any opportunity for Government to demonstrate its unparalleled capacity to enact positive social change.



    * Right.
    Ideas so good they need force.
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82662
    10 May '18 03:20
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Ideas so good they need force.
    In a world where opinion trumps knowledge and expertise is viewed with deep mistrust and superstition, making new buildings comply means in the long run you change the dependency mix. Which would you rather, be told what to do by your Government or have choices imposed on you from external forces due to your old wave, fossil fuel dependencies?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45668
    10 May '18 03:47
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Ideas so good they need force.
    You got it.

    Just like heaps of H&S legislation.
    Just like road safety laws.
    Just like anti-littering laws.

    It's a real bummer living in a society isn't it?
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65584
    10 May '18 04:31
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    In a world where opinion trumps knowledge and expertise is viewed with deep mistrust and superstition, making new buildings comply means in the long run you change the dependency mix. Which would you rather, be told what to do by your Government or have choices imposed on you from external forces due to your old wave, fossil fuel dependencies?
    'choices imposed'

    Do you read what you post before hitting send?

    We need gubermint to save us from choices? At least you're honest about your control freakism.

    Yes I'll go with choices, even if it were only '1 or 2%' (let's remember that it's 1 or 2 % on top of a lot of other state imposed 1 or 2 %'s) it's going to reduce the number of people that can afford a house, there'll be a few more out on the street. For some the choice is that stark, solar panels (an environmental disaster to produce [mining and production is absolutely tied to, and dependent on, fossil fuels] and to discard) or living in a car in the car park of Walmart.
  10. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    20203
    10 May '18 05:17
    Slightly off topic, but there are dozens of other regulations that exist in other parts of the country that make these things not very profitable. For instance, I know that in the 90s in North Dakota if you set up your own small wind power unit near your home it was illegal to use the electricity yourself. You had to "sell" it back to the power company at a price below actual market value and it counted toward credits for your overall bill or some such.

    I assume a similar enough system could come into being in California and it may not actually benefit the people who live in the homes as much as is implied.

    BUT... That's not quite where we are at yet.
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    11 May '18 19:39
    Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

    By the way CA is running a budget surplus atm
  12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55704
    11 May '18 19:52
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Wrong again Whodey! It is the developers that are required to purchase and install solar panels on newly constructed homes. This would add about 1-2% to the price of a new home, and will save the homeowners thousands of dollars in energy costs.

    Please do a minimum of research before posting your silly statements. 🙄
    If solar panels saved homeowners thousands of dollars a year wouldn't the free market demand them? The fact that purchasers of homes don't demand them, seems to indicate that there will be a net cost. We should discuss that cost and see if we believe it offsets the environmental benefits of solar pannels.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    11 May '18 20:26
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Ideas so good they need force.
    If we voting citizens in California do not agree with this mandate, we have legal remedies and under the mandate, time to carry them out. Don’t you have such remedies where you live?
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65584
    12 May '18 01:27
    Originally posted by @js357
    If we voting citizens in California do not agree with this mandate, we have legal remedies and under the mandate, time to carry them out. Don’t you have such remedies where you live?
    You need to understand if 50.01% of people vote to take away the rights of the other 49.99% of people that does not make it right.

    And here's another epiphany for you to experience. People didn't vote on forcing up the price of new housing, thus forcing up the price of housing in general and so making it un-affordable for 1 person? 10 people? a 100 people? a 1000 people?

    What power is their vote even if there were some kind of direct democracy vote on every single issue, on every single rule, regulation, clause, tax, spend up?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    12 May '18 14:06
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    You need to understand if 50.01% of people vote to take away the rights of the other 49.99% of people that does not make it right.

    And here's another epiphany for you to experience. People didn't vote on forcing up the price of new housing, thus forcing up the price of housing in general and so making it un-affordable for 1 person? 10 people? a 100 peopl ...[text shortened]... t democracy vote on every single issue, on every single rule, regulation, clause, tax, spend up?
    You are blaming the very system that is needed to maximize the democratic rule of law. There is a catch-22 buried not too deep in your logic. After all, it takes only a small fraction of a majority if citizen signatures to get a repeal or recall on the ballot, in CA.If there is a fatal flaw in democracy it's not that it can be too democratic.
Back to Top