More climate change propaganda

More climate change propaganda

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by Wajoma
Well I did say 'reasonable argument' and it appears you have none.

Edit: Wolfgang stands in front of his class. Todays lesson - "Look on the internet".
Unless you are going to pay me I don't see
why I should give you a Year 5 Science lesson.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The carbon in plants comes from the air, not the soil.
I know that. Nevertheless, one of the largest current sources of CO2 in the atmosphere is soil carbon released due to farming. When land is changed from swamp or other carbon rich soils to farm land, a very large amount of carbon is released into the atmosphere.
Farming is a very significant part of the cause of global warming.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
30 Sep 14
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I know that. Nevertheless, one of the largest current sources of CO2 in the atmosphere is soil carbon released due to farming. When land is changed from swamp or other carbon rich soils to farm land, a very large amount of carbon is released into the atmosphere.
I dared to intimate as much twhitehead and wolfgangs reply was a very condescending "Go look on the internet".

K

Germany

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by normbenign
Populations will not remain totally static. The problem is that third world countries contribute the most to population growth, and are unmanageable in terms of the global warming agenda.
Since the world population is already stabilizing, this is an irrelevant factor in terms of CO2 emissions.

Interestingly, China has recently overtaken the EU in terms of CO2 emissions per capita, which shows that it is possible to have strong growth and reduced CO2 emissions at the same time.

Moves
30 Sep 14

I dared to intimate as much twhitehead and wolfgangs reply was a very condescending "Go look on the internet".
Could you try and rewrite that sentence so that it makes sense, please? Much appreciated.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Perhaps, but how can anyone be certain? After all much warmer global conditions existed (according to warming experts) long before man was even in the picture.

There are so many factors to include in planetary temperature, most of them beyond any measure of human control.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
30 Sep 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Since the world population is already stabilizing, this is an irrelevant factor in terms of CO2 emissions.

Interestingly, China has recently overtaken the EU in terms of CO2 emissions per capita, which shows that it is possible to have strong growth and reduced CO2 emissions at the same time.
Still, global problems would require global cooperation, and that is pretty unlikely. Populations will stabilize, particularly if people are left to their own free decision making. Many countries are already at negative population growth, and that trend probably will continue.

CO2 is a distraction, by those in politics and industry trying to make a killing of irrational fears.

K

Germany

Moves
30 Sep 14

Perhaps, but how can anyone be certain? After all much warmer global conditions existed (according to warming experts) long before man was even in the picture.

There are so many factors to include in planetary temperature, most of them beyond any measure of human control.
Science is not about being "certain." Only the trivial is certain. What we attempt to do is find the most plausible explanation for what we can see, and use this information to construct models that hopefully can predict future events with some accuracy.

w

Moves
30 Sep 14

Yes, we find all truth regarding global warming on the internet, thanks to Al Gore.

Coincidence?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by C Hess
Could you try and rewrite that sentence so that it makes sense, please? Much appreciated.
"I dared to intimate as much twhitehead, and wolfgangs' reply was a very condescending "Go look on the internet"."

A comma after twhitehead makes the difference?

Moves
01 Oct 14

Earth's wobbling orbit, rapid climate change due to sudden increased levels of greenhouse gases in the athmosphere, mass extinctions. I'll leave you to read up on the subject, and connect the dots.

Moves
01 Oct 14
1 edit

"I dared to intimate as much twhitehead, and wolfgangs' reply was a very condescending "Go look on the internet"."

A comma after twhitehead makes the difference?
"I dared to intimate as much twitehead..."

Are you saying you dared to be intimate with twitehead, or that you intimidated twitehead as much as something else (what?), or that you intimidated someone (who?) as much as twitehead, or (please no) you were as intimate with someone (who?) as twitehead?

Okay, I'm kidding a little, but I honestly don't get that sentence. 😳

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Oct 14

"I dared to intimate as much twitehead..."

Are you saying you dared to be intimate with twitehead, or that you intimidated twitehead as much as something else (what?), or that you intimidated someone (who?) as much as twitehead, or (please no) you were as intimate with someone (who?) as twitehead?

Okay, I'm kidding a little, but I honestly don't get that sentence. 😳
To 'intimate' can mean to 'suggest'.

In this thread both Deepthought and wolfgang have been a little too quick with their derision and sarcasm, both got their fingers singed.

Moves
01 Oct 14

To 'intimate' can mean to 'suggest'.
Aha! I feel less stupid now. Thanks. 🙂

w

Moves
01 Oct 14
1 edit

Earth's wobbling orbit, rapid climate change due to sudden increased levels of greenhouse gases in the athmosphere, mass extinctions. I'll leave you to read up on the subject, and connect the dots.
99.9% of all living species are extinct, most of which happened well before mankind ever set foot on the earth.

Extinction is a natural process. We will all become extinct eventually. The arrogance is to think we can stop it or that delaying it is always a good thing.

Also, temperatures seem to be rising on all planets in the solar system.

Coincidence?