1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 16:50
    @sonhouse said
    @shavixmir
    You really expect a professional troll to answer that one honestly?
    Well, until he does, one can’t argue with him.

I mean, if he thinks gene therapy is Mr. Hackman down the gym, who am I to contradict him?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 18:49
    @shavixmir said
    You explain it to me. What you think it is.
    Go on. Don’t quote. In your own words: what is gene therapy?
    From the wikipedia link:

"In order to replicate, viruses introduce their genetic material into the host cell, tricking the host's cellular machinery into using it as blueprints for viral proteins. Retroviruses go a stage further by having their genetic material copied into the genome of the host cell. Scientists exploit this by substituting a virus's genetic material with therapeutic DNA. (The term 'DNA' may be an oversimplification, as some viruses contain RNA, and gene therapy could take this form as well.) A number of viruses have been used for human gene therapy, including retroviruses, adenoviruses, herpes simplex, vaccinia, and adeno-associated virus.[4] Like the genetic material (DNA or RNA) in viruses, therapeutic DNA can be designed to simply serve as a temporary blueprint that is degraded naturally or (at least theoretically) to enter the host's genome, becoming a permanent part of the host's DNA in infected cells."

Did you notice the part that says: (The term 'DNA' may be an oversimplification, as some viruses contain RNA, and gene therapy could take this form as well.)?
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 04:182 edits
    @metal-brain said
    From the wikipedia link:

"In order to replicate, viruses introduce their genetic material into the host cell, tricking the host's cellular machinery into using it as blueprints for viral proteins. Retroviruses go a stage further by having their genetic material copied into the genome of the host cell. Scientists exploit this by substituting a virus's genetic material w ...[text shortened]... an oversimplification, as some viruses contain RNA, and gene therapy could take this form as well.)?
    Don’t quote me wikipeadia.

In your own words. A summery please. What do you think gene therapy is. Explain it to me.
    I’ll give you a hint: primer.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:30
    @metal-brain said
    It was not a contradiction. You are being dishonest.
    Yes it was, I posted the actual content saying so.
    You couldn’t find the link and the foot of your own linked article.

You’re a woeful joke, mate.
    Thick, blinkered, paranoid, right-wing entrenched, believe anything which supports your fears.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 14:02
    @divegeester said
    Yes it was, I posted the actual content saying so.
    You couldn’t find the link and the foot of your own linked article.

You’re a woeful joke, mate.
    Thick, blinkered, paranoid, right-wing entrenched, believe anything which supports your fears.
    No you didn't.
    You posted a quote from an unknown source and falsely attributed the quote to a specific person without any proof. As you confirmed it was in a different article.

It didn't even make sense. Your whole argument was based on mRNA is not mRNA. Perhaps you think virus mRNA is dangerous, but vaccine mRNA is safe. You need to be able to explain why though. Also, the phys.org article I posted says "modified" mRNA. That would be a mRNA vaccine.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 14:59
    @metal-brain said
    Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"mRNA Therapies Classified as Gene Therapy in Europe and US

The SEC filing13 for BioNTech (BioNTech’s mRNA technology is used in the Pfizer vaccine) is equally clear, stating on page 21: “Although we expect to submit BLAs for our mRNA-based product candidates in the United States, and in the European Union, mRNA therapies have ...[text shortened]... 3

The fact checkers lied to you. mRNA vaccines are gene therapy and they are not really vaccines.
    What do you mean "not really vaccines"? The CDC defines a vaccine as:

"Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm#:~:text=Definition%20of%20Terms,-Let's%20start%20by&text=Vaccine%3A%20A%20product%20that%20stimulates,the%20person%20from%20that%20disease.

That is exactly what the mRNA vaccines now being administered for COVID-19 do.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 15:19
    @metal-brain said
    Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"mRNA Therapies Classified as Gene Therapy in Europe and US

The SEC filing13 for BioNTech (BioNTech’s mRNA technology is used in the Pfizer vaccine) is equally clear, stating on page 21: “Although we expect to submit BLAs for our mRNA-based product candidates in the United States, and in the European Union, mRNA therapies have ...[text shortened]... 3

The fact checkers lied to you. mRNA vaccines are gene therapy and they are not really vaccines.
    The author of that article, Dr. Joseph Mercola, seems interested in denigrating the effective vaccines in favor of some type of Vitamin C and D supplement that he claims prevents serious COVID-19 cases.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2021/03/08/FDA-cites-Mercola-for-alleged-COVID-19-treatment-claims#
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 07:43
    @no1marauder said
    The author of that article, Dr. Joseph Mercola, seems interested in denigrating the effective vaccines in favor of some type of Vitamin C and D supplement that he claims prevents serious COVID-19 cases.

https://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Article/2021/03/08/FDA-cites-Mercola-for-alleged-COVID-19-treatment-claims#
    I see you have resorted to "attack the source" tactics in desperation. I don't know about the vitamin C claim, but the vitamin D does help.

Do you have more trust in Fauci? He constantly contradicts himself and he even admits to lying to us all.

What about Redfield? He has made some outlandish claims much more controversial than Mercola. Do you really want to go down this road?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 07:54
    @no1marauder said
    What do you mean "not really vaccines"? The CDC defines a vaccine as:

"Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person’s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/imz-basics.htm#:~:text=Definition%20of%20Terms,-Let's%20start%20by&text=Vaccine%3A%20A%20product%20that%20stimulate ...[text shortened]... %20that%20disease.

That is exactly what the mRNA vaccines now being administered for COVID-19 do.
    A vaccine specifically has to stimulate both an immunity within the person receiving it, but it also has to disrupt transmission.
    mRNA vaccines don't do that.
    It is a treatment but if it was discussed as a treatment, it would not get the sympathetic ear of public health authorities, because then people would say “What other treatments are there"?

https://swprs.org/merck-claim-exposing-big-pharma-lobbyists/
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 11:091 edit
    @metal-brain said
    A vaccine specifically has to stimulate both an immunity within the person receiving it, but it also has to disrupt transmission.
    mRNA vaccines don't do that.
    It is a treatment but if it was discussed as a treatment, it would not get the sympathetic ear of public health authorities, because then people would say “What other treatments are there"?

https://swprs.org/merck-claim-exposing-big-pharma-lobbyists/
    A) See the CDC definition above:

B) You are dead wrong to make the claim that mRNA vaccines don't disrupt transmission. While the evidence isn't conclusive yet,:

"The study is part of a growing body of evidence suggesting that the vaccines not only reduce the risk of getting seriously ill with COVID-19, but can prevent catching the virus in the first place.

“If you can’t get infected, you can’t infect anyone else, which means the vaccines can reduce transmission as well as the disease,” says Marm Kilpatrick, an infectious diseases researcher at the University of California, Santa Cruz, who was not involved in the study."

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-moderna-pfizer-transmission-disease
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 11:57
    @metal-brain said
    I see you have resorted to "attack the source" tactics in desperation. I don't know about the vitamin C claim, but the vitamin D does help.

Do you have more trust in Fauci? He constantly contradicts himself and he even admits to lying to us all.

What about Redfield? He has made some outlandish claims much more controversial than Mercola. Do you really want to go down this road?
    In your own words... what is gene therapy?
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 13:222 edits
    @no1marauder said
    A) See the CDC definition above:

B) You are dead wrong to make the claim that mRNA vaccines don't disrupt transmission. While the evidence isn't conclusive yet,:

"The study is part of a growing body of evidence suggesting that the vaccines not only reduce the risk of getting seriously ill with COVID-19, but can prevent catching the virus in the first place. ...[text shortened]...

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-vaccine-moderna-pfizer-transmission-disease
    So you admit there is no conclusive evidence that mRNA vaccines prevent people from getting the virus? That means you can possibly get infected even after vaccination that could very well be a treatment and not a vaccine since there is no conclusive evidence.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2021/01/no-evidence-covid-19-vaccines-will-block-spread-of-coronavirus/
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 13:27
    @shavixmir said
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 15:501 edit
    @metal-brain said
    You don’t even dare answer, for you know that as soon as you give any form of definition I’ll ask you about primer and your argument will fall to pieces.

It’s bad enough you spew forth every conspiracy untruth there is, but the fact you know it’s all lies just makes you really nasty.

A troll of the worst kind.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 17:20
    @metal-brain said
    So you admit there is no conclusive evidence that mRNA vaccines prevent people from getting the virus? That means you can possibly get infected even after vaccination that could very well be a treatment and not a vaccine since there is no conclusive evidence.

https://thevaccinereaction.org/2021/01/no-evidence-covid-19-vaccines-will-block-spread-of-coronavirus/
    Naturally I admit no such thing nor are any of your claims supported by scientific evidence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree