mRNA Therapies Classified as Gene Therapy

mRNA Therapies Classified as Gene Therapy

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Apr 21

@metal-brain said
How do you define "gene therapy"?
Inserting normal genes into cells to replace or counter-act defective or non-existing genes. To achieve this when using a virus you must have a primer.

I.e. without a primer there is no gene therapy.

MB

Moves
15 Apr 21
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Inserting normal genes into cells to replace or counter-act defective or non-existing genes. To achieve this when using a virus you must have a primer.

I.e. without a primer there is no gene therapy.
Not true.

https://phys.org/news/2020-01-rna-effect-dna.html

mRNA affecting DNA is not even a requirement for gene therapy. You are mistaken.

https://thecoloradoherald.com/2021/fact-checked-covid-19-vaccine-is-unapproved-gene-therapy/

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Apr 21

@metal-brain said
Not true.

https://phys.org/news/2020-01-rna-effect-dna.html

mRNA affecting DNA is not even a requirement for gene therapy. You are mistaken.

https://thecoloradoherald.com/2021/fact-checked-covid-19-vaccine-is-unapproved-gene-therapy/
So again, in your own words, what is gene therapy according to you?

You’re reciting paranoid delusional rubbish.
Either you are changing the DNA / RNA make-up of a cell or you are not.
If you are, you need a primer.
There is no primer in the vaccines being used.

If you then define gene therapy as not altering the DNA / RNA make-up of a cell, well hells bells... eating McDonalds may as well be labelled gene therapy.

See yet?

MB

Moves
15 Apr 21

@shavixmir said
So again, in your own words, what is gene therapy according to you?

You’re reciting paranoid delusional rubbish.
Either you are changing the DNA / RNA make-up of a cell or you are not.
If you are, you need a primer.
There is no primer in the vaccines being used.

If you then define gene therapy as not altering the DNA / RNA make-up of a cell, well hells bells... eating McDonalds may as well be labelled gene therapy.

See yet?
I already answered your question.

"If you are, you need a primer."

What is your source of information?

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Apr 21

@metal-brain said
I already answered your question.

"If you are, you need a primer."

What is your source of information?
Uh, google it, for example.
Ask a virologist... ask anyone who does anything in genetics.

Or visit the website from the human genome research institute...

It’s not hard to find. Which makes your madhatter assertions all the more madhatter.

MB

Moves
15 Apr 21

@shavixmir said
Uh, google it, for example.
Ask a virologist... ask anyone who does anything in genetics.

Or visit the website from the human genome research institute...

It’s not hard to find. Which makes your madhatter assertions all the more madhatter.
You are full of crap!

Even the J&J vaccine and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines are really gene therapy. They are viral vector vaccines. Viral vectors are gene therapy. My source is the FDA.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

Go ahead and tell the FDA they are madhatter conspiracy theorists. LOL!

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Apr 21
1 edit

@metal-brain said
You are full of crap!

Even the J&J vaccine and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccines are really gene therapy. They are viral vector vaccines. Viral vectors are gene therapy. My source is the FDA.

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

Go ahead and tell the FDA they are madhatter conspiracy theorists. LOL!
You are so ignorant it is pointless discussing it with you.

So, you’ve found a link which points you towards viral vector vaccines. Well done.

Now, email your stupidity to the FDA and once they’ve explained it to you, you can come back here and apologise for wasting everyone’s time.

Viral vector vaccinations can be a method of gene therapy.
However, anti-covid vaccinations don’t use a primer and so don’t interfere with the gene. It doesn’t change the DNA or the RNA make-up of a cell in anyway.

What it does do is create a spike protein which the bosy recognises as covid-19 so it equips itself to fight covid-19 when it really enters the body.

MB

Moves
15 Apr 21

@shavixmir said
You are so ignorant it is pointless discussing it with you.

So, you’ve found a link which points you towards viral vector vaccines. Well done.

Now, email your stupidity to the FDA and once they’ve explained it to you, you can come back here and apologise for wasting everyone’s time.

Viral vector vaccinations can be a method of gene therapy.
However, anti-covid vac ...[text shortened]... he bosy recognises as covid-19 so it equips itself to fight covid-19 when it really enters the body.
"Now, email your stupidity to the FDA and once they’ve explained it to you, you can come back here and apologise for wasting everyone’s time."

The FDA is my source of information sore loser.

"However, anti-covid vaccinations don’t use a primer and so don’t interfere with the gene."

You are wrong. Gene transfer is gene therapy and mRNA is genetic information transferred into the cell. Read the FDA website moron!

You are wasting people's time denying facts. Changing DNA is not a requirement for something to be classified as gene therapy. You were misinformed. Where did you get that false info from? Wikipedia?

Stop relying on wikipedia. If you cannot find a reliable source you were duped by lies.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Apr 21

@metal-brain said
"Now, email your stupidity to the FDA and once they’ve explained it to you, you can come back here and apologise for wasting everyone’s time."

The FDA is my source of information sore loser.

"However, anti-covid vaccinations don’t use a primer and so don’t interfere with the gene."

You are wrong. Gene transfer is gene therapy and mRNA is genetic information tran ...[text shortened]... ikipedia?

Stop relying on wikipedia. If you cannot find a reliable source you were duped by lies.
For F’s sake.
Email them. You obviously don’t understand their information.

MB

Moves
16 Apr 21
1 edit

@shavixmir said
For F’s sake.
Email them. You obviously don’t understand their information.
You want to go down swinging, eh?
Here is an excerpt from the FDA link below:

"There are a variety of types of gene therapy products, including:

Plasmid DNA: Circular DNA molecules can be genetically engineered to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.

Viral vectors: Viruses have a natural ability to deliver genetic material into cells, and therefore some gene therapy products are derived from viruses. Once viruses have been modified to remove their ability to cause infectious disease, these modified viruses can be used as vectors (vehicles) to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.

Bacterial vectors: Bacteria can be modified to prevent them from causing infectious disease and then used as vectors (vehicles) to carry therapeutic genes into human tissues.

Human gene editing technology: The goals of gene editing are to disrupt harmful genes or to repair mutated genes.
Patient-derived cellular gene therapy products: Cells are removed from the patient, genetically modified (often using a viral vector) and then returned to the patient."

Viral vectors are gene therapy according to the FDA. Do you understand that information? Do you dispute that the J&J, AstraZeneca and Sputnik vaccines are Viral vector vaccines?

Furthermore the FDA website also says this in their first sentence in that link:

"Human gene therapy seeks to modify or manipulate the expression of a gene or to alter the biological properties of living cells for therapeutic use"

The mRNA vaccines alter the biological properties of living cells for therapeutic use and so do the viral vector vaccines.

All five of the vaccines I mentioned are gene therapy. Covid 19 vaccines do exist that are not gene therapy though. There are two of them that I am aware of. Don't expect to hear about them on your propaganda news media though. You are not supposed to know they exist.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
16 Apr 21

@metal-brain said
You want to go down swinging, eh?
Here is an excerpt from the FDA link below:

"There are a variety of types of gene therapy products, including:

Plasmid DNA: Circular DNA molecules can be genetically engineered to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.

Viral vectors: Viruses have a natural ability to deliver genetic material into cells, and therefore some gen ...[text shortened]... ct to hear about them on your propaganda news media though. You are not supposed to know they exist.
As I said: you don’t understand what you are quoting.

End of. Email them your interpretation and come back once they’ve answered.

MB

Moves
16 Apr 21

@shavixmir said
As I said: you don’t understand what you are quoting.

End of. Email them your interpretation and come back once they’ve answered.
You know you are wrong. Accept.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
17 Apr 21

@metal-brain said
You know you are wrong. Accept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T4yRzesgKM
Did you mail them yet?

Until you do and get your reply, this discussion is done.

MB

Moves
17 Apr 21

@shavixmir said
Did you mail them yet?

Until you do and get your reply, this discussion is done.
You email them. I already know you are wrong and so do you. You are a perpetual liar. This song could have been written about you.

MB

Moves
11 May 21
1 edit

This is for suzi, shav, kev and kewpie.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/viralvector.html

First They Ignore You, Then They Laugh at You, Then They Attack You, Then You Win
Add lying to that....suzi

You all lost. accept it.