1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:12
    Originally posted by Barts
    Sasquatch has often and openly said he is here to " raise peoples blood pressure". Sometimes it's not really clear whether he's serious, but the people taking this thread seriuos are showing they are really easy to get angry. Someone mentioned self-parody earlier, that's correct and it's intentional.
    😲😲😲

Shhh!
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You're going to be very disappointed when you sit down with an accountant and/or tax attorney and find out there is virtually no way to make an LLC more tax advantageous than any other type of business arrangement.
    It is possible to form an s corp and declare a portion of the profit as a dividend rather than salary and save some payroll tax. I've seen this done successfully. A high powered tax atty in Manhattan told me that as long as you report half as salary the IRS usually lets it go.

Sas may have meant s corp and not LLC. Also, you can elect to have an LLC treated as a corporation and take advantage of corporate loopholes in some cases.

I don't know what Sas has in mind but there are some shenanigans that can be played with entities to screw the govt out of a few bucks.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:32
    Originally posted by sh76
    It is possible to form an s corp and declare a portion of the profit as a dividend rather than salary and save some payroll tax. I've seen this done successfully. A high powered tax atty in Manhattan told me that as long as you report half as salary the IRS usually lets it go.

Sas may have meant s corp and not LLC. Also, you can elect to have an LLC treated ...[text shortened]... re are some shenanigans that can be played with entities to screw the govt out of a few bucks.
    I definitely have shenanigans (of the legal kind) in mind. But - "screw"? The government is bloated, inefficient, wasteful, and corrupt. I'm not talking about the politicians - they're their own animal. I'm talking about the GS-11 bureaucrats who draw a hell of a nice salary and sleep at their desk. Speaking from first-hand knowledge. So as long as the government continues to fit that description (and I'm not talking about the 10% you have in any organization, I'm talking about being able to cut government payroll by probably 40% and seeing no measurable decline in output), it's my patriotic duty to pay as little tax as possible.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    04 Dec '12 12:411 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]Are you drunk? LOL, Nope. Drunk on victory by our president maybe.

We're going to make more money, and we're going to use it as a tax shelter.

And it's this greed and train of thought that has destroyed America and put us in debt. Don't blame President Obama, Blame greedy people like you who will do anything not to pay their heir fair share of taxes are going to go before your tax increases. lol I can't wait. 🙂[/b]
    I was just asking because of your post. Lack of subject-verb agreement, improper punctuation, improper capitalization...it sounds like you were drunk...I would have excused it if you were, but this is precisely why my vote should count more than yours. You're barely literate. Now that's ok for you, but it's not good for the country when the barely literate have an equal voice. It was ok 200 years ago, but people like me have run a lot faster than people like you.

And not paying my fair share? Statistically, it's almost guaranteed that I paid more in taxes last year than you made. At the federal W-2 rate. So - I think it's pretty ridiculous of you to be paying less than me and say I'm not paying my fair share. Why don't you go get an education, go get a better job, so you can start pulling your weight? I'm tired of dragging low-income leeches like you like an anchor. That's what you are. A weight around society's waist, trying to drag us under.

EDIT: I am always bemused when people like you get incredulous and indignant when people like me resist submitting to government control. "What do you mean, you won't let the government control you?" - I wish you could hear yourselves. Again - unintentionally funny, but thanks for the laughs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree