1. Pepperland
    Moves
    30 May '09 16:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. But serving in the military ought to have made you more respectful of the contribution of the French to Operation Overlord 1944. But instead you fell for one of McSwain's small minded "fibs" which does no favours to the honour you assume you are entitled to having 'been in uniform'. Yes, I stand corrected about the glee you appear to feel. It was in fact gen ...[text shortened]... om-the-armchair urgings of the "let's hope there's a war" kind on the other NK thread.
    Im not saying war is the only way, however, letting things happen and turning a blind eye when crazy dictators threaten other countries is stupid, I guess we all forgot what happened with Hitler in the 30s.
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    30 May '09 16:41
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    yes, its near Mexico.
    Yes -just above it.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '09 19:12
    Im not saying war is the only way, however, letting things happen and turning a blind eye when crazy dictators threaten other countries is stupid, I guess we all forgot what happened with Hitler in the 30s.
    That's a good point.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 May '09 19:25
    I thought you liked dictators like Franco and Pinochet?

Yeah, we forgot all about Hitler ........................ isn't he the guy that kept invading other countries?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '09 00:31
    Im not saying war is the only way...
    There is no confusion about what you did say or didn't say, it is there for all to see earlier on this or the other NK thread: ""It means Obama is going to have to attack N.Korea, lets hope he has the balls to do it." THAT's what you said. You hope the U.S.A. will attack North Korea. Clear.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '09 00:38
    "It is only a matter of time before Obama’s critics will start comparing him to Neville Chamberlain. They will ignore, as usual, the reality whereby the one Chamberlain who erred is countered in history by many examples of compromising and hopeful leaders who were able to bridge differences and overcome wars, bringing peace to the world; the same world that is also filled with tough and responsible leaders who closed their eyes in the face of hope, thereby unleashing ruin and destruction upon their countries."
    'Obama's "Childish" notions', Emmanuel Rosen 28 May 2009
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '09 00:53
    letting things happen and turning a blind eye when crazy dictators threaten other countries is stupid
    Turning a blind eye? Can you give an example of the U.S. "turning a blind eye" in the current crisis? If you're going to characterize it like that - just as you please, in other words - why stop at "Turning a blind eye" and "[Obama] is stupid"? Why not go further? Why not just blithely ask "Why is Obama supporting Kim?" Or "Obama sending Kim bomb technology is all wrong" Or "Obama embracing communist dictators is stupid". We know that you're intent on cheerleading for a war - rather than trying to understand what's going on, or debating a way out other than war - so why place any limits on what you assert? You may not be the brightest chap here, by a long chalk, but Lord knows you don't half reckon yourself. So if you insist on using 'tossing in some tabloid headlines' as your debating style, why be so timid?
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    31 May '09 16:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I thought you liked dictators like Franco and Pinochet?

Yeah, we forgot all about Hitler ........................ isn't he the guy that kept invading other countries?
    when did Pinochet invade other countries?
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    31 May '09 16:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no confusion about what you did say or didn't say, it is there for all to see earlier on this or the other NK thread: ""It means Obama is going to have to attack N.Korea, lets hope he has the balls to do it." THAT's what you said. You hope the U.S.A. will attack North Korea. Clear.
    I was being sarcastic.

However, I stand by my point that we shouldn't turn a blind eye.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    31 May '09 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Turning a blind eye? Can you give an example of the U.S. "turning a blind eye" in the current crisis? If you're going to characterize it like that - just as you please, in other words - why stop at "Turning a blind eye" and "[Obama] is stupid"? Why not go further? Why not just blithely ask "Why is Obama supporting Kim?" Or "Obama sending Kim bomb technology is a g 'tossing in some tabloid headlines' as your debating style, why be so timid?
    why be such a dumbass fmf?

Im not going to say he's embracing Kim because he isn't.

We know that you're intent on cheerleading for a war

who is "we"? you and the voices in your head?

'tossing in some tabloid headlines'

the king of hypocrisy has spoken again!
    Did you remember when you accused people of "easy labeling"? I guess thats what you're doing now, I don't read tabloids, you moron.

You better watch out, that crown of yours is getting heavier every day!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree