1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 02:16
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/obama-begins-push-for-new-national-retirement-system/

(National Senior Counci) A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beinning of the Obama Administration's effort to nationalize the nations pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA's and 401 K plans, NCS is warning.

"This hearing was set up to explore why Americans are not saving as much for their retirements as they could," explores NSC Director Robert Crone, "However, it is clear that this is the first step towards a government takeover. It feels like the beginning of the debate over health care and we all known how that ended up."

So how does everyone feel about the government taking over all IRA and Pension accounts? Is it Constitutional, and if not, how will judge Roberts make it Constitutional? 😛
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 02:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/obama-begins-push-for-new-national-retirement-system/

(National Senior Counci) A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beinning of the Obama Administration's effort to nationalize the nations pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA's and 401 K plans, NCS is wa ...[text shortened]... nts? Is it Constitutional, and if not, how will judge Roberts make it Constitutional? 😛
    This goes down, you will be reading about me.
  3. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 02:36

(National Senior Counci) A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beinning of the Obama Administration's effort to nationalize the nations pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA's and 401 K plans, NCS is wa ...[text shortened]... nts? Is it Constitutional, and if not, how will judge Roberts make it Constitutional? 😛
    The governemnt is not going to take over IRAs and 401ks already established. Anyone fostering that belief is just trying to cause unrest.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:06
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    The governemnt is not going to take over IRAs and 401ks already established. Anyone fostering that belief is just trying to cause unrest.
    So they will just prevent knew ones?
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:07

So Justice Roberts is your hero?

By the way, that website is freaky and hilarious. Run by one of your militia buddies?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:091 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    So Justice Roberts is your hero?

By the way, that website is freaky and hilarious. Run by one of your militia buddies?
    Justice Roberts is a national hero. Why without him, Obamacare would have been declared unconstitutional. We all owe him a great deal of gratitude.

As for the source, I have no idea who it is from. Do you contest that this is being discussed? I've heard of the idea long before reading the article.

That aside, would you be in favor of it, assuming it was now on the table?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:11

If you read the whole story, you'll notice it is more than two years old (see the date on the bottom).
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:11
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Oh dear, another radical extremist. 😲
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:12
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you read the whole story, you'll notice it is more than two years old (see the date on the bottom).
    So is this legit or not? Just because it is 2 years old does not mean it is not on the table. After all, to tackle this before the election would have been suicide.
  10. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:18
    Justice Roberts is a national hero. Why without him, Obamacare would have been declared unconstitutional. We all owe him a great deal of gratitude.

As for the source, I have no idea who it is from. Do you contest that this is being discussed? I've heard of the idea long before reading the article.

That aside, would you be in favor of it, assuming it was now on the table?
    I contest the spin and implication.
  11. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:20
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I contest the spin and implication.
    OK - so let's make it simple.

Are you in favor of the government taking over 401(K)s and redistributing that income?

Yes or no.
  12. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 03:37
    OK - so let's make it simple.

Are you in favor of the government taking over 401(K)s and redistributing that income?

Yes or no.
    No - and I don't think there is any credible proof that the government plans to do this.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 12:592 edits
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    No - and I don't think there is any credible proof that the government plans to do this.
    I'll second that idea. Lots of ideas and proposals get put on the table and the fact that it has had no play in 2 years highly suggests it is dead in the water. You hear anyone ELSE talking about it? I doubt it. If there were, the repubs would jump on that like a dog on a bone, a nice fresh juicy one.

Kind of like the moon landing fake conspiracy theorists who love to make money making BS books. You ask yourself, who would go down if they were shown to be true?

In the moon landing case, if there was any credible evidence, the Chinese AND the Soviets ATT would have screamed that one to high heaven, they would have LOVED to have found the moon landings faked.

The fact they did not quibble about the landings says big words about the credibility of the landings as having been real.

Same with this 'proposal'. You don't know who generated it, how far it got in the system, it could have been written up by some ultra right winger just trying to create trouble for Obama. There is no way to know for sure since it has been out of the public eye for 2 years now.

Big hint it is dead in the water.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 13:541 edit
    The national retirement system will be implemented jointly with the UN taxes on Americans. With Americans worried about 25% of their paycheck going to third world countries, they'll be too busy to worry about their pensions being confiscated in order to pay for more food stamps, Obamacare and unemployment benefits.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 13:58
    wooooo you're scary. Hopefully we'll hear how you got your head blown off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree