1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 19:51
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    I dont think the Japanese are in the same category as Hitler,Pol Pot, and Stalin as I do not think that there was any ideology behind their expansion into china and other territories in 1930s and 40s.
    Ideology is standard luggage on any imperialist adventure.
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 19:54
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    So, how many civilians do you have to kill to get into the same league as Hitler and Stalin?

And surely you don't have to kill more than one person to be a nazi, so long as the other criteria are met?
    There are plenty of people around who are as bad as Hitler, of course. The only thing that distinguishes Hitler from the others is that he was able to get ahold of a war machine willing to do his bidding.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 21:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    What exactly is the criterea for being compared to a nazi? Is it even possible to be compared to a nazi? If so, then who is on your list?
    Setting up concentration camps, and starving and killing the prisoners of such camps. Committing genocide, especially based on race, religious status, special needs, etc. Taking such people and families away in the night to the camps. Imprisoning citizens who speak out against the government. Or sending them to the front.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 21:39
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Setting up concentration camps, and starving and killing the prisoners of such camps. Committing genocide, especially based on race, religious status, special needs, etc. Taking such people and families away in the night to the camps. Imprisoning citizens who speak out against the government. Or sending them to the front.
    So in your mind is a KGB visit to the house and a quick trip to the woods and a gun shot to the head more palatable than rounding up large numbers of people in concentration camps to kill them as well?

Of course, don't forget that the Soviets target religion as well.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 22:041 edit
    So in your mind is a KGB visit to the house and a quick trip to the woods and a gun shot to the head more palatable than rounding up large numbers of people in concentration camps to kill them as well?

Of course, don't forget that the Soviets target religion as well.
    I think the past Soviet Union especially with Stalin were comparable to Hitler/Nazis in ways.
  6. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 03:15
    I think the past Soviet Union especially with Stalin were comparable to Hitler/Nazis in ways.
    Who cares about any of this? What I want to know is how do we get Sarah Palin to be the Republican nominee. Will Hitler or Stalin help with that?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 03:241 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Who cares about any of this? What I want to know is how do we get Sarah Palin to be the Republican nominee. Will Hitler or Stalin help with that?
    McCain tried but Mcfailed. :'(

Actually, I view McCain as a progressive who prefers Obama. In my view he essentially works to sabotage those who oppose them. Palin was just the icing on the cake.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 05:17

Of course, don't forget that the Soviets target religion as well.[/b]
    What like Judaism? in what way did the soviets target religion? genuine inquiry.
  9. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 07:47
    What exactly is the criterea for being compared to a nazi? Is it even possible to be compared to a nazi? If so, then who is on your list?
    The idiot who cut me off and then drove too slow on the road today!
  10. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 08:39
    The RUSSIAN front!

Colonel Klink: "If those orders are not carried out, both you and the courier will be court-martialed, shot and sent to the Russian front!"
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 17:20
    What like Judaism? in what way did the soviets target religion? genuine inquiry.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 18:19
    Wow. You really don't know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 20:01
    Wow. You really don't know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union
    Well I prefer wiki articles that have been verified, but having said that; 1,200 dead priests and 28 dead bishops do not really mean much to someone who has the reformation/counter reformation and counter counter reformations lurking in their historical closet. And how inefficient was the soviet system:

"According to both Soviet and Western sources,[which?] in the late 1980s the Russian Orthodox Church had over 50 million believers but only about 7,000 registered active churches."

If I can find an Article detailing the numbers of Muslims that NATO has killed in Iraq and Afghanistan I,ll post it for you. not to mention the U.S backed regimes in the Middle East.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 20:03
    Well I prefer wiki articles that have been verified, but having said that; 1,200 dead priests and 28 dead bishops do not really mean much to someone who has the reformation/counter reformation and counter counter reformations lurking in their historical closet. And how inefficient was the soviet system:

"According to both Soviet and Western sources,[whic ...[text shortened]... nd Afghanistan I,ll post it for you. not to mention the U.S backed regimes in the Middle East.
    NATO is not blowing up Muslims because they're Muslims 🙄
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 20:09
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians_in_the_Soviet_Union
    Yeah I know that soviet Marxism was anti religious but that does not make them any more evil than the religious states that have persecuted people of no, or other religion through the ages.' what goes around comes around'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree