1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Nov '20 11:52
    @Suzianne

You mean tuition free for the student. It still has to be paid for, by tax or grants. universities also bring in money through research provided to industry and govt.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    12 Nov '20 15:20
    @kewpie said
    Has he actually declared victory? I must have missed that. Please point me to your source.
    Did I say he declared victory? Please show me where I said that.
    Biden is acting as though he won, but apparently your point here is that actions are irrelevant if he hasn't yet verbally declared it.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    12 Nov '20 15:59
    @lemon-lime said
    Did I say he declared victory? Please show me where I said that.
    Biden is acting as though he won, but apparently your point here is that actions are irrelevant if he hasn't yet verbally declared it.
    Biden is preparing as though he will win. As he should. The hiring process alone is very tiresome, cost a lot of money and takes a long time. And that is probably the easiest part of becoming president.

I understand that preparation, planning and strategy is not part of the Republican way of doing business anymore after almost four years of Trump's day to day bumbling about, but it's a normal thing for the rest of the modern world.
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    12 Nov '20 16:24
    @lundos said
    Biden is preparing as though he will win. As he should. The hiring process alone is very tiresome, cost a lot of money and takes a long time. And that is probably the easiest part of becoming president.

I understand that preparation, planning and strategy is not part of the Republican way of doing business anymore after almost four years of Trump's day to day bumbling about, but it's a normal thing for the rest of the modern world.
    Trump was a maverick, no question.

Some think that this is better than a well greased, scripted, smooth talking pol.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    12 Nov '20 19:04
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Trump was a maverick, no question.

Some think that this is better than a well greased, scripted, smooth talking pol.
    And what is a maverick? A creature that lies and cheats continuously and thinks only of itself?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Nov '20 02:371 edit
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Tell that to the dozen foreign governments who sent congratulations to Biden's win.
    THEY want sanity again.
    Trump is LITERALLY insane and disses our real allies while sucking up to his mentor Putin and his lover Kim Jon Un.
    He LOVES dictators and wants to be one with all of what is left of his heart.
    A POTUS without empathy is a caricature of a POTUS.

His total absence for the last week is VERY telling, he is a COWARD as well as sociopath and narcissist.

Don't you worry a TINY bit that he may do real damage, more than he already has done to the US, with his 70 odd days left.

Already he puts the US in a precarious position by firing Esper. Nobody at the top of defense now but a Trump yes man sycophant and a frigging FOX NEWS reporter. Yeah, what could POSSIBLY go wrong.
    Trump CLEARLY does not have the US or US citizens at heart, he is trying to save his sorry ass since he knows full well what is waiting for him come Jan 21.

This is a very dangerous event, NO POTUS in the history of the US EVER fired the defense secretary a couple of months before the winner comes in and the outgoing POTUS supposedly goes out.

This is TREASON, it is putting the US in danger overseas and even here when adversaries sense weaknesses and a yes man as secretary of defense is a BLATANT weakness, with a dude totally incompetent to lead the entire military.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

And he is not through firing those who were not loyal ENOUGH, kissing Trump's ass whenever he wants but miss one kiss and they are OUT.

And you think that is LEADERSHIP?

That is LITERALLY INSANE.

Trump is a weak cowardly caricature of a human being.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Nov '20 04:35
    @handyandy said
    And what is a maverick?
    mav·er·ick
    /ˈmav(ə)rik/
    noun

an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Nov '20 11:24
    @sonhouse

the same johnnie jihngoisms over and over.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 12:122 edits
    Freedom is something that doesn't seem important if you've had it most of your life; rights just seem to be inherent and a normal way of life. I never thought about it when I was a kid, and wasn't particularly impressed when older people talked about it, because when I was a kid it wasn't a pressing issue. I never thought about breathing either, because there was always plenty of air. The atmosphere always seemed to be there.

But like the song says, you don't know what ya got 'til it's gone.
    I can still breath, and the atmosphere with all of its air still seems to be everywhere, but I'm not so sure about my freedoms anymore... it seems there is a sort of spiritual entropy always working to tear away our freedoms until it all turns to dust and blows away.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 12:16
    @suzianne said
    I want to be bored by politics, instead of outraged, for once.
    mmyeah, that's dangerous.

being bored with politics is how obama did all the crap we found out about only when Trump did the same .
    being bored with politics is how you didn't vote enough for Clinton in 2016
    being bored with politics is how the republicans did all the voter suppression without a peep from anyone
    being bored with politics is how you didn't pressure the democrats enough to give you medicare for all when they had the supermajority
    being bored with politics is how republicans got senate majority and effectively stopped anything the democrats might do (even if they wanted to do something)

fuk that. You don't get to be bored with politics simply because the president is polite.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree