No news more informative than Fox news

No news more informative than Fox news

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Nov 11

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/poll-fox-news-viewers-less-informed-than-those-who-read-no-news.php?ref=fpb

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by Kunsoo
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/poll-fox-news-viewers-less-informed-than-those-who-read-no-news.php?ref=fpb
You really should post what you're talking about, other than just a link.

'cause lots of us won't really bother. And it's rude.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by shavixmir

I thought the url summed it up nicely

- poll-fox-news-viewers-less-informed-than-those-who-read-no-news

T

Moves
22 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by kmax87
I thought the url summed it up nicely

- poll-fox-news-viewers-less-informed-than-those-who-read-no-news
But the thread title could be terrifyingly misleading - if you read it as "There is no news more informative than Fox news".

K

Germany

Moves
22 Nov 11

“The (poll’s) results show us that there is something about watching Fox News that leads people to do worse on these questions than those who don’t watch any news at all,” said Dan Cassino, a political science professor at Fairleigh Dickinson and an analyst for the poll.

Not true. It could be that dumber people are simply more inclined to watch Fox News - a hypothesis that does not seem unlikely to me.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
22 Nov 11

Oh, big surprise, a group of university types think Fox News is less informative, than what??

They probably get their information from the propaganda group at MSNBC which I also watch, just to see what some of my airhead friends are going to try to pass off as facts.

Clue - Information is not just what supports your preconceived notions. Information is information. It is knowledge. Question is, whether cable news in general is that informative. Given its repetitive nature, and the high level of opinion shows on most cable news stations, it may be that readers (both print, and internet) get more information. But to argue that people who don't read, get more than regular viewers of any news station, defies reason.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
22 Nov 11

talkingpointsmemo.com...hilarious! 🙄

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
22 Nov 11

The whole premise doesn't make any sense. How could anybody "consume no news at all"? Even if all you listen to is music and sports, you're going to be interrupted by top of the hour news flashes and crawling text during the game. Did they go into the jungle and survey some tribe that lives in the wild with no electricity and they scored better than Fox news viewers?

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by Teinosuke
But the thread title could be terrifyingly misleading - if you read it as "There is no news more informative than Fox news".
That occurred to me as well, though I would have put it more nicely.

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by shavixmir

Well, if you don't bother I assume the topic doesn't interest you anyway.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by normbenign
Oh, big surprise, a group of university types think Fox News is less informative, than what??
Ohh, i like this game!!

Fox News is less informative than........

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by uzless
Ohh, i like this game!!

Fox News is less informative than........
a George Bush Jr speech

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by uzless
a George Bush Jr speech
a Glenn Beck rant!

Moves
23 Nov 11

Originally posted by utherpendragon
talkingpointsmemo.com...hilarious! 🙄
Uther - TPM is a left wing blog, but they are reporting on a study. They didn't generate it.

P

Moves
24 Nov 11

Uther - TPM is a left wing blog, but they are reporting on a study. They didn't generate it.
You think that really matters to him? If it was a left wing blog then they must have fabricated it.