1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 06:07
    They both have the same name LOL Serge. I would call them Serge #1 or Serge #2 🙂 One of them is brilliant at chess he kicked my ass bad! The other I beat after a hard fought game.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 06:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    Putin is old school KGB and that he will never change.
    Have there been any U.S. presidents since, say, 1947, who have been anything other than old school CIA, for all intents and purposes, to varying degrees, and I mean in terms of foreign policy and other deeds within U.S. spheres of influence? Will the U.S. ever change?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 06:18
    I'm just taking it from their perspective is all. They are a proud people some came here to escape persecution and to have political or religious freedom which they did not get in Russia or the former Soviet republics. You have see which is the lesser of two evils is all I think. I'm not saying the U.S. has not made mistakes but the lesser of two evils is all I'm saying.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 06:221 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm just taking it from their perspective is all. They are a proud people some came here to escape persecution and to have political or religious freedom which they did not get in Russia or the former Soviet republics. You have see which is the lesser of two evils is all I think. I'm not saying the U.S. has not made mistakes but the lesser of two evils is all I'm saying.
    And I have been encouraging you, obliquely, to consider things from Russians' perspectives. I would be interested to hear what your empathetic skills conjure up. Go on. For the debatular fun of it.
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 15:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    And we'll hear it again when we see Patriot Act III working its way through congress.
    is there something wrong with worrying about about your country's safety?

what would you do if someone was threatning Indonesia? tell them you just want to be friends? you know, that doesn't work in real life.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 15:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Have there been any U.S. presidents since, say, 1947, who have been anything other than old school CIA, for all intents and purposes, to varying degrees, and I mean in terms of foreign policy and other deeds within U.S. spheres of influence? Will the U.S. ever change?
    you think Kennedy was old school CIA? Clinton? Carter?...Obama?

this is just more of the same old meaningless gibberish.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 15:43
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you think Kennedy was old school CIA? Clinton? Carter?...Obama?

this is just more of the same old meaningless gibberish.
    Every U.S. president since 1947, without exception.
  8. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Every U.S. president since 1947, without exception.
    🙄
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:05
    🙄
    Every U.S. president since 1947, without exception. In what way do you disagree. The CIA has been a vital tool to every single administration since it was set up. Which part of that do you disagree with?
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Every U.S. president since 1947, without exception. In what way do you disagree. The CIA has been a vital tool to every single administration since it was set up. Which part of that do you disagree with?
    That doesn't mean all presidents were "CIA old school" like you claimed.

Don't change your words, the CIA is indeed an important agency for the government, just like any other, but implying that presidents are somehow using it as an aquivalent to a secret police is ridiculous.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:36
    That doesn't mean all presidents were "CIA old school" like you claimed.
    That's what I claimed is it? What about all the words I used to qualify that claim? Read my posts. Respond to the words I use otherwise your constant stalking this evening (my time) amounts to little more than petty gainsaying.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    That's what I claimed is it? What about all the words I used to qualify that claim? Read my posts. Respond to the words I use otherwise your constant stalking this evening (my time) amounts to little more than petty gainsaying.
    yes, thats what you claimed.

stalking? give me a break fMF, if only I knew you'd get so intimidated, I'd stop disagreeing with your stupid statements.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:49
    stalking? give me a break fMF, if only I knew you'd get so intimidated, I'd stop disagreeing with your stupid statements.
    Whatever you say my little "active debater" sausage.

"Varying degrees", "for all intents and purposes". Whatever. You need to contradict me. Fine.
  14. Pepperland
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:55
    Originally posted by FMF

"Varying degrees", "for all intents and purposes". Whatever. You need to contradict me. Fine.

(BLEEP) you.

just another gross generalisation.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '09 17:59
    (BLEEP) you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree