1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 17:34
    Originally posted by normbenign
    They don't reduce the number of insured gained?
    Not when they get replacement coverage as it seems virtually all of them did.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 17:36
    18% of 317 million is roughly 57 million. 15.8% is roughly 50 million, so about a drop of 7 million, however the 57 million is far above any estimates heard before ACA was enacted. Even the 50 million is higher than the estimates of uninsured before ACA. Is someone cooking the books, thinking we will not notice?
    If you bothered to go to the first link in the OP you'd find a rather simple explanation:

Gallup began tracking insurance coverage in 2008, starting at a low of 14.5 percent and increasing every subsequent year except for 2012.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 17:50
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you bothered to go to the first link in the OP you'd find a rather simple explanation:

Gallup began tracking insurance coverage in 2008, starting at a low of 14.5 percent and increasing every subsequent year except for 2012.
    So the proponents of the ACA understated the problem? I find that hard to swallow.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 17:54
    So the proponents of the ACA understated the problem? I find that hard to swallow.
    No, the problem got worse while we were waiting for the ACA to go into effect (which was predicted).
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 22:45
    No, the problem got worse while we were waiting for the ACA to go into effect (which was predicted).
    So where to the people who formerly had decent coverage, but now can't get anything close fit in? A close friend decided to reject his companies plan this year because his copay doubled under Obama care. Now he has no insurance, but a likely IRS fine. Where is he and the many like him counted?
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 00:50
    Your own inadequate experience, probably related to living in a State with a government implacably hostile to the ACA, has blinded you to reality.[/b]
    My "inadequate" experience was courtesy of the ACA, not where I live. I would indeed be blind if I blamed Texas for failure of a US Government program. I question your ocular objectivity in this matter.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 00:54
    So where to the people who formerly had decent coverage, but now can't get anything close fit in? A close friend decided to reject his companies plan this year because his copay doubled under Obama care. Now he has no insurance, but a likely IRS fine. Where is he and the many like him counted?
    So he decided to drop his insurance. I doubt many people were that foolish.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 20:16
    So he decided to drop his insurance. I doubt many people were that foolish.
    Having insurance, but not being able to afford rent and food isn't a viable alternative.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree