1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:19
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    because he is not a christian nor a patriot
    What? Are you claiming that Obama is not a christian? Are you claiming that the president of the United States is not a patriot?
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What? Are you claiming that Obama is not a christian? Are you claiming that the president of the United States is not a patriot?
    yes
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:23
    Our Constitution does not mention god at all. It is an entirely secular document.

"In God We Trust" did not begin to appear on US coinage until 1876. It did not appear on currency until the 1950s. We did just fine for most of our history without such a divisive motto. It should be removed. The motto does not prevent atheists from using it, but it does i ...[text shortened]... to taxpayer money. The wall of separation between state and church should be solidly enforced.
    so your a communist?
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:24
    yes
    You're a complete idiot.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:37
    because he is not a christian nor a patriot
    Are you an automated Fox News chatbot?
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:38
    You're a complete idiot.
    this is the debate forum fool! not, the name calling when i disagree w/someone forum.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:40
    this is the debate forum fool! not, the name calling when i disagree w/someone forum.
    When you start debating, I'll respond in kind. If you're just going to spew uninformed garbage then I'll just save myself some time by justifiably calling you an idiot.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:41
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Are you an automated Fox News chatbot?
    Why? Because from Obamas statements i can figure out he does not like this country or christianity?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:42
    He didn't engage in name calling: he asked ..."Are you an automated Fox News chatbot?" which is actually an ironic, media and cyberspace referencing comment on what you are saying.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:441 edit
    Looks like utherpendragon's already threadbare pretense to being "an independent" and "patriotic" is going to finally unravel completely upon this day.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    He didn't engage in name calling: he asked ..."Are you an automated Fox News chatbot?" which is actually an ironic, media and cyberspace referencing comment on what you are saying.
    He was responding to rwingett, who called him a "complete idiot" which is name calling, by anyone's definition.

As for "In God we trust," get rid of it; I couldn't care less. It's meaningless symbolism. But I do think it's a little ridiculous that atheists complain about a little meaningless symbolism when public schools are practically required by law to teach atheism to children- which is anything but meaningless symbolism.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:47
    When you start debating, I'll respond in kind. If you're just going to spew uninformed garbage then I'll just save myself some time by justifiably calling you an idiot.
    uninformed garbage? you asked a question,i said yes. You in turn result to name calling. if you said why? i explained,and you still thought it was garbage being spewed, then i could understand the insult.But, you dont ask why,you just shout obscenities.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:50
    Originally posted by sh76
    He was responding to rwingett, who called him a "complete idiot" which is name calling, by anyone's definition.

As for "In God we trust," get rid of it; I couldn't care less. It's meaningless symbolism. But I do think it's a little ridiculous that atheists complain about a little meaningless symbolism when public schools are practically required by law to teach atheism to children- which is anything but meaningless symbolism.
    Teach atheism? Give me a break.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:52
    uninformed garbage? you asked a question,i said yes. You in turn result to name calling. if you said why? i explained,and you still thought it was garbage being spewed, then i could understand the insult.But, you dont ask why,you just shout obscenities.
    😴
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 14:52
    You seem drunk or something. If you have any friends reading this thread, I hope they alert the mods before you build up and build to getting banned should your patent hatred make you say something that contravenes the TOS. No one wants to see a regular poster make a complete idiot of him or herself when perhaps worse for drink. sh76 has already tried defending you, I assume because he knows deep down that the "complete idiot" barb was right on the nail and a warranted dismissal of your uncouth and stupid remarks thus far..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree