1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 12:542 edits
    http://newsok.com/obama-looks-at-amnesty-options/article/3481158

The Obama adiministration, unable to push an immigration overhaul through Congress, is considering ways it could go around lawmakers to let undocumented immigrants stay in the US, according to an agency memo.

The internal draft written by officials at US Citizenship and Immigration Services outlines ways the government could provide "relief" to illegal immigrants -- including delaying deportation for some, perhaps indefinately, or granting green cards to others -- in the absence of legislation revamping the system.

It's emerging as chances fade for a measure President Obama favors to put the nation's estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants on a path to legal status, and as debate rages over an Arizona law targeting people suspected of being in the country illegally.

The memo drew a backlash by Republicans, who called it evidence Obama is looking for ways of relaxing immigration policies without political consensus to enact a new law.

"The document provides an additional basis for concerns that the administration will go to great lenghts to circumvent Congress and unilaterally execute a backdoor amnesty plan," said Sen. Charles Grassley, who obtained and circulated the memo. Administration officials tried to downplay the memo, saying it was the product of brainstorming and noting many of its ideas were discussed when George Bush was president.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the quesiton begs, why not just create an executive order to give amnesty to the illegals Mr. President dictator sir? After all, you used Reconciliation to shove Obamacare through along with executive orders and sue Arizona for trying to enforce the federal laws on illegal immigration preventing them form doin so, so why not just make an executive order declaring yourself emporer? 😛

As the article states, there is very little difference between the way Bush viewed and handled the situation as Obama is doing. Its like I always said, Bush = Obama on soooo many levels its frightening!! 😲
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 13:26
    Originally posted by whodey

The Obama adiministration, unable to push an immigration overhaul through Congress, is considering ways it could go around lawmakers to let undocumented immigrants stay in the US, according to an agency memo.

The internal draft written by officials at US Citizenship and Immigration Service ...[text shortened]... is doing. Its like I always said, Bush = Obama on soooo many levels its frightening!! 😲
    Yikes. I hope this doesn't happen. I made a bet a couple of months ago with a friend at a little party. I gave him 15 to 1 odds (stakes are bottles of Scotch for the party). If Obama declares amnesty for illegals on or before December 15, I'm out 15 bottles. 😲
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 13:481 edit
    http://newsok.com/obama-looks-at-amnesty-options/article/3481158[...] So the quesiton begs, why not just create an executive order to give amnesty to the illegals Mr. President dictator sir? After all, you used Reconciliation to shove Obamacare through along with executive orders and sue Arizona for trying to enforce the federal laws on illegal immigration p Obama is doing. Its like I always said, Bush = Obama on soooo many levels its frightening!!
    As an article that you yourself cited a few days ago, Obama favours a plan which would provide a way for the estimated 11 million people illegally in the U.S. to become citizens. They could first get “lawful immigrant status,” allowing them to work in the U.S. and come and go from this country. After current visa backlogs are cleared, which would take about eight years, they could petition to become permanent U.S. citizens.

Sounds like a pretty sensible compromise to me.

Your stuff about "Mr. President dictator sir" and "why not just make an executive order declaring yourself emporer" is more of the knuckle biting infantile stuff from you that I find so curious. Who are you pitching yourself to here other than the meanspirited intellectual forum dregs who already agree with you?

Are you able to propose a sensible compromise that perhaps doesn't satisfy you wholly but does so to an extent and allows you to be part of the dialogue being entered into by people who are genuinely interested in finding a solution rathe than posting snigger snigger barbs about Obama?
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 13:51

The internal draft written by officials at US Citizenship and Immigration Service ...[text shortened]... is doing. Its like I always said, Bush = Obama on soooo many levels its frightening!! 😲
    So Obama can count on your unwavering support too?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 17:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    As an article that you yourself cited a few days ago, Obama favours a plan which would provide a way for the estimated 11 million people illegally in the U.S. to become citizens. They could first get “lawful immigrant status,” allowing them to work in the U.S. and come and go from this country. After current visa backlogs are cleared, which would take about eigh ...[text shortened]... nely interested in finding a solution rathe than posting snigger snigger barbs about Obama?
    I abhor executive orders and the subsequent abuse of the systems of checks and balance within government. If Obama wants something done he is going to have to come to terms with his Democrat led Congress.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 18:07
    I abhor executive orders and the subsequent abuse of the systems of checks and balance within government. If Obama wants something done he is going to have to come to terms with his Democrat led Congress.
    Are you able to propose a sensible compromise on the 11-12 million 'illegal immigrants' already living in the U.S., and already integrated into the society and economy, that perhaps doesn't satisfy you 100% but does so enough for you to be able to sign up to it?
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 18:09
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yikes. I hope this doesn't happen. I made a bet a couple of months ago with a friend at a little party. I gave him 15 to 1 odds (stakes are bottles of Scotch for the party). If Obama declares amnesty for illegals on or before December 15, I'm out 15 bottles. 😲
    😲
  8. silicon valley
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 18:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you able to propose a sensible compromise on the 11-12 million 'illegal immigrants' already living in the U.S., and already integrated into the society and economy, that perhaps doesn't satisfy you 100% but does so enough for you to be able to sign up to it?
    why compromise? aren't these people getting paid to deport illegals?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 19:06
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    why compromise? aren't these people getting paid to deport illegals?
    You propose deporting 12,000,000 people, including any children that may have been born on U.S. soil?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 19:14
    In 2007, the Netherlands issued an amnesty for illegals (and their families) who had been in the country for more than 6 years and had not been into contact with police. Many others who did not fit the criteria (or the general criteria which apply for asylum seekers) were deported. From what I can judge it worked out reasonably well, although there were less illegals (in terms of a percentage) than there are now in the U.S.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You propose deporting 12,000,000 people, including any children that may have been born on U.S. soil?
    There is only one way to make this happen, convince Obama they are all Tea Party organizers.

The first order of business is to secure the border. Do you think this has been done?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 21:06
    I'm a little disappointed in ya sh76. After all, knowing how these people think they are more than predictable.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 23:44
    The first order of business is to secure the border. Do you think this has been done?
    Apparently the border is more secure than it has been in recent times, with less people trying to cross illegally, lower crime levels, more boots on the ground, more intelligence officers etc. So I think a lot of 'flak' on this particular issue is rather shallow partisan carping by the looks of things. You also say Obama is a Marxist turning the U.S. into the U.S.S.R. and you also went on and on and on and on about a verbal flub he once made claiming that the flub was what he really thought. So you've kinda shot ya wad as a political commentator on this forum. Secure border, enforce the law, some kind of reform including amnesty for some of the people who are not here legally, that's my view.
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 00:00
    what Brand of Scotch???
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    06 Aug '10 00:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Apparently the border is more secure than it has been in recent times, with less people trying to cross illegally, lower crime levels, more boots on the ground, more intelligence officers etc. So I think a lot of 'flak' on this particular issue is rather shallow partisan carping by the looks of things. You also say Obama is a Marxist turning the U.S. into the U. ...[text shortened]... of reform including amnesty for some of the people who are not here legally, that's my view.
    Less jobs on the american side?
    Supply and demand, not to mention they are seeing hostile americans now, more than ever.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree